Are Asperger's/ADHD/Autism Bullshit Diagnoses or Manmade Illness? | INFJ Forum

Are Asperger's/ADHD/Autism Bullshit Diagnoses or Manmade Illness?

Gadsden Mountain Ranch

Community Member
Mar 24, 2019
Midpines, California, 95345
MBTI
INFJ
Hey y'all

Here's something I've been pondering for a while.

With all the news of vaccines causing autism (which sounds more than plausible) it makes me think.

100 years ago, autism, aspergers, ADHD and all that was damn near unheard of.

With the incorporation of fluoride in our water, additives in our foods, GMOs, and vaccines, is it only coincidental that autism/aspergers is now a household word?

On the other hand, I have a feeling that Asperger's (bare minimum) and ADHD for sure is a bullshit diagnosis

Big pharma is a money mill. Every person that can be prescribed meds is fair game.

You don't like to talk much? Aspergers
You like one hobby that you focus intensely on? Aspergers
Repetitive movement? Aspergers
Can't keep still? ADHD. Take your meth little one!

That's all Adderall is...meth without the drain cleaner and battery acid.

What are the effects, long term of these meds and diagnoses?

Well, in adults we know that long term SSRI use can affect your liver, kidneys, brain. Virtually everything
Use of stimulants (i.e. Desoxyn, Adderall, etc) are extremely taxing on the cardiovascular system.

And nearly every drug addict I've met was prescribed psychotropics as a child.

Paxil damn near made me commit suicide. I'm definitely not alone in that side effect. I had never been suicidal before Paxil and haven't been since.

Last of all, what are the social stigmas of being told you are autistic or special at a young age?

I know that when I was growing up, school officials tried saying I am ADHD. Put me on all kinds of shit until my mom put a stop to it.

I was the quiet type. Smart. Loved playing outside.

My mom took me to Yosemite every weekend, where I learned to enjoy nature in my so called "hyperactive state"
I opened up around those of a blue collar much easier. And frankly, that journey led me to where I am today

Am I on any medications? Only to control my migraines, which are a result of a traumatic braim injury I had last year.
That's it.

Do I have Asperger's? Definitely not.
Do I have ADHD? No.
Am I high sprung? Fuck yeah. I always have to have something to do.
Does the above question impact my life? No. It's only bettered it. I am a social butterfly and I like it that way

I'm just saying... Maybe it's time a new look gets taken at psychiatry, the things we put in our bodies as a whole too.

Any input? Are these so called mental illnesses a product of what we put in our bodies, or mere psuedoscience and greed?

https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/new-biochemical-research-points-to-five-types-of-depression/

I fall in category 1. And not for depression, as I have never had depression, nor suicidal thoughts a day in my life. But I have had anxiety since I was a very little girl. I have faith, so I dealt with it in this way. But after receiving a PTSD / anxiety diagnosis & being told a light anxiolytic might help, reading that my autoimmune issue causes anxiety and can decrease the proper amount of seratonin in the synapse.. I relented. I take a child's dose of escitalopram. It has made the most incredible change in my state of panic. I cannot describe the depths of the benefit.

As you read in the article I attached above^^ there are people who have certain deficiencies, such as folate and issues with metabolizing metals, which actually cause them to go "crazy" when put on an ssri / anxiolytic. Maybe you fall in one of these categories..

Different strokes, for different folks..

ADHD med is not like meth. Meth is whole different beast, entirely. No one should get near drugs like that. And yes, ADHD is very real.

If you prefer natural routes, more power to you. I can see your hesitation to be on meds when you had such a bad personal experience. But don't assume that medication is not helpful for many people, for many reasons.

Last edited:
Hey y'all

With all the news of vaccines causing autism (which sounds more than plausible) it makes me think.

With the incorporation of fluoride in our water, additives in our foods, GMOs, and vaccines, is it only coincidental that autism/aspergers is now a household word?

On the other hand, I have a feeling that Asperger's (bare minimum) and ADHD for sure is a bullshit diagnosis

Big pharma is a money mill. Every person that can be prescribed meds is fair game.

Well, in adults we know that long term SSRI use can affect your liver, kidneys, brain. Virtually everything
Use of stimulants (i.e. Desoxyn, Adderall, etc) are extremely taxing on the cardiovascular system.

Paxil damn near made me commit suicide. I'm definitely not alone in that side effect. I had never been suicidal before Paxil and haven't been since.

Last of all, what are the social stigmas of being told you are autistic or special at a young age?

I know that when I was growing up, school officials tried saying I am ADHD. Put me on all kinds of shit until my mom put a stop to it.

My mom took me to Yosemite every weekend, where I learned to enjoy nature in my so called "hyperactive state"
I opened up around those of a blue collar much easier. And frankly, that journey led me to where I am today

Am I on any medications? Only to control my migraines, which are a result of a traumatic braim injury I had last year.
That's it.

Do I have ADHD? No.
Does the above question impact my life? No. It's only bettered it. I am a social butterfly and I like it that way

I'm just saying... Maybe it's time a new look gets taken at psychiatry, the things we put in our bodies as a whole too.

Any input? Are these so called mental illnesses a product of what we put in our bodies, or mere psuedoscience and greed?
Good luck in life.

Ok. Considering I have a loved one with Asperger’s and ADHD, and have been studying medicine and psychology for quite some time now; I’m going to say this.

1.) There is no concrete solid evidence that vaccines cause autism. While I do agree that big pharma is a huge cause for shit behind the scenes; especially with the huge opioid epidemic—this is not one of them. There isn’t evidence that autism is caused by vaccines. Autistic symptoms show well before babies are vaccinated. So, check that one off.

2.) Autism and ADHD is not a household word. It’s now that professionals are much more better identifying those with the disorders and it’s much more common than once thought. Another check off.

Yup. I agree with you on this one. Originally, I wanted to be a doctor, but after doing more research; healthcare has become more of a money-making business rather than for the correct reasons. But I will state that autism and ADHD are not part of the equation.

Want to also clarify that evolutionary psychologists, researchers and scientists looked into the prevalence rate of how long autism and ADHD have been around, and majority of them state and believe that they have been well around since the times we were scavenging for food and adapting to harsh environments. Issac Newton and Albert Einstein are well-candidates that are known to be categorized for having Aspergers.

Having a mental disorder or illness in general carries social stigma regardless the diagnosis. Which is a real huge darn shame and upsets me quite highly because it’s not like many people who carries mental struggles can control the cards they were dealt with. Being someone who had severe situational depression and suicide my teen years, it was tough.

Anyways, it’s better to have a child be properly diagnosed that they have Aspergers because it gives parents the opportunity for their child to gain treatment and the correct usage of behavioral therapy that can later help them develop and utilize skills that are needed on eventually when they mature into adults.

Um neither.

Mental illness or disorders are caused by either nature vs. nurture, trauma, genetic implications, or hereditary predispositions. Or in some cases, a combination (such as schizophrenia).

I can literally go on and on about psychiatry, neuroscience and psychology. But I have to state that Autism & ADHD is NOT a bullshit diagnosis and to be frank, it pissed me off that you went to that route.

Ok. Considering I have a loved one with Asperger’s and ADHD, and have been studying medicine and psychology for quite some time now; I’m going to say this.

1.) There is no concrete solid evidence that vaccines cause autism. While I do agree that big pharma is a huge cause for shit behind the scenes; especially with the huge opioid epidemic—this is not one of them. There isn’t evidence that autism is caused by vaccines. Autistic symptoms show well before babies are vaccinated. So, check that one off.

2.) Autism and ADHD is not a household word. It’s now that professionals are much more better identifying those with the disorders and it’s much more common than once thought. Another check off.

Yup. I agree with you on this one. Originally, I wanted to be a doctor, but after doing more research; healthcare has become more of a money-making business rather than for the correct reasons. But I will state that autism and ADHD are not part of the equation.

Want to also clarify that evolutionary psychologists, researchers and scientists looked into the prevalence rate of how long autism and ADHD have been around, and majority of them state and believe that they have been well around since the times we were scavenging for food and adapting to harsh environments. Issac Newton and Albert Einstein are well-candidates that are known to be categorized for having Aspergers.

Having a mental disorder or illness in general carries social stigma regardless the diagnosis. Which is a real huge darn shame and upsets me quite highly because it’s not like many people who carries mental struggles can control the cards they were dealt with. Being someone who had severe situational depression and suicide my teen years, it was tough.

Anyways, it’s better to have a child be diagnosed they have Aspergers because it can give parent the opportunity for their child to gain treatment and the correct usage of behavioral therapy that can later help them develop and utilize skills that are needed on eventually when they mature into adults.

Neither.

Mental illness or disorders are caused by either a nature vs. nurture, trauma, genetic implications, or hereditary predispositions. Or in some cases, a combination (such as schizophrenia).

I can literally go on and on about psychiatry, neuroscience and psychology. But I have to state that Autism & ADHD is NOT a bullshit diagnosis and to be frank pissed me off that you went to that route.
Indeed..

https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/new-biochemical-research-points-to-five-types-of-depression/

I fall in category 1. And not for depression, as I have never had depression, nor suicidal thoughts a day in my life. But I have had anxiety since I was a very little girl. I have faith, so I dealt with it in this way. But after receiving a PTSD / anxiety diagnosis & being told a light anxiolytic might help, reading that my autoimmune issue causes anxiety and can decrease the proper amount of seratonin in the synapse.. I relented. I take a child's dose of escitalopram. It has made the most incredible change in my state of panic. I cannot describe the depths of the benefit.

As you read in the article I attached above^^ there are people who have certain deficiencies, such as folate and issues with metabolizing metals, which actually cause them to go "crazy" when put on an ssri / anxiolytic. Maybe you fall in one of these categories..

Different strokes, for different folks..

ADHD med is not like meth. Meth is whole different beast, entirely. No one should get near drugs like that. And yes, ADHD is very real.

If you prefer natural routes, more power to you. I can see your hesitation to be on meds when you had such a bad personal experience. But don't assume that medication is not helpful for many people, for many reasons.
Damn! When I made this thread, I was hoping someone would pick my brain. When the store gets slow, I'll read up. Thank you

Autism seems more prevalent now because back in the day, people were just institutionalized and diagnosed as intellectually disabled or insane. Individuals with developmental disabilities or autism were not integrated into society. Fortunately, there has been a big cultural shift and individuals with autism now live and work and go to school in their communities.

The vaccine-autism link has been debunked numerous times and the doctor, Andrew Wakefield, who originally published his "research" misrepresented data and lost his license.

Friend, what? You kidding me? The fuck?

Autism is a real neurological disorder and exists on a spectrum (mild to severe). This is not a drill. Millions of people have it, the reason it may seem like it wasn't that prevalent in the past is because the scientific community has gotten better at identifying and measuring it. Also, we're not locking disabled people up in asylums anymore. Think I'm kidding you? Look up Bedlam. That said, our metrics (how experts categorized autism over time) have changed too.

Another thing, people with physical and intellectual impairments are rampantly discriminated against. Wheelchair ramps simply aren't enough. Forgive my tone, but our society needs to change and needs to change faster. Unfortunately, our society has put these communities through a lot of unnecessary cruelty.

Changing that cycle starts with people like me and you being less ignorant and less wrong.

Good luck in life.
Most Americans subscribe to a variety of conspiracy theories, myths, and beliefs without evidence. We're not a society of intellectuals and don't prize the intelligence, health, or well-being of our citizens.

It's not OP's fault.

Friend, what? You kidding me? The fuck?

Autism is a real neurological disorder and exists on a spectrum (mild to severe). This is not a drill. Millions of people have it, the reason it may seem like it wasn't that prevalent in the past is because the scientific community has gotten better at identifying and measuring it. Also, we're not locking disabled people up in asylums anymore. Think I'm kidding you? Look up Bedlam. That said, our metrics (how experts categorized autism over time) have changed too.

Another thing, people with physical and intellectual impairments are rampantly discriminated against. Wheelchair ramps simply aren't enough. Forgive my tone, but our society needs to change and needs to change faster. Unfortunately, our society has put these communities through a lot of unnecessary cruelty.

Changing that cycle starts with people like me and you being less ignorant and less wrong.
I wouldn't call personal observation ignorance.

I'm well aware it exists. Whether it's over diagnosed is the real question.

I wouldn't call personal observation ignorance.

I'm well aware it exists. Whether it's over diagnosed is the real question.
Probably not, we know for certain that in the United States, autism was underdiagnosed.

For your hypothesis to be true, we'd need some significant error in our dependent variable (that variable being the international diagnostic criteria for autism).

So... Again, probably not.

Last edited:
Hey y'all

That's it.

Do I have ADHD? No.

First, good on you for taking the time to question these things. We need more people who can think critically. However, a lot of these questions can be easily answered with a Google search. Jenny was so kind as to point some of those out.

Medical technology and research has taken off over the last century, and now we're starting to see more diagnoses because we can understand and identify these conditions properly. ADHD and Autism are included. I'm sure corporate greed is a factor in the uptick of these diagnoses, but it's definitely not the underlying cause. There are physical differences between neurotypicals and people with ADHD/Autism. You can take a look at these articles if you like: https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/autism-brains-show-widespread-alterations-structure/ & https://www.verywellmind.com/the-adhd-brain-4129396.

Neurology is fascinating, and we still have a lot to learn about brains in general.

For the millionth time, vaccines do not cause autism.

A paper published by Wakefield et al in 1998 was the culprit of that nonsense. The paper was written based on bogus data. It has been retracted and discredited. Here is that paper: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140673697110960/fulltext

Study after study have been done to disprove the link between vaccines and autism. Some major ones are here: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa021134 , https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15877763 , https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11850369

The most recent study is of April 2019. https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/...la-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

As a scientist, I'm very frustrated over what Wakefield (and some others) have done. It's scandalous. We have an ethical obligation to the truth. Thankfully, the scientific method works to disprove his nonsense. But the damage has been done.

Vaccines do not cause autism. The article claiming this was discredited.
Anti-vaxxers are causing a rise in serious illnesses that killed children before there were vaccines for them. It's irresponsible.
Autism research shows that the greatest contributor to autism is genetics.

The final episode in the saga is the revelation that Wakefield et al.[1] were guilty of deliberate fraud (they picked and chose data that suited their case; they falsified facts).[9] The British Medical Journal has published a series of articles on the exposure of the fraud, which appears to have taken place for financial gain.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136032/

Authored by Andrew Wakefield and 12 others, the paper’s scientific limitations were clear when it appeared in 1998.2 3 As the ensuing vaccine scare took off, critics quickly pointed out that the paper was a small case series with no controls, linked three common conditions, and relied on parental recall and beliefs.4 Over the following decade, epidemiological studies consistently found no evidence of a link between the MMR vaccine and autism.5 67 8 By the time the paper was finally retracted 12 years later,9 after forensic dissection at the General Medical Council’s (GMC) longest ever fitness to practise hearing,10 few people could deny that it was fatally flawed both scientifically and ethically.

In a series of articles starting this week, and seven years after first looking into the MMR scare, journalist Brian Deer now shows the extent of Wakefield’s fraud and how it was perpetrated....Drawing on interviews, documents, and data made public at the GMC hearings, Deer shows how Wakefield altered numerous facts about the patients’ medical histories in order to support his claim to have identified a new syndrome; how his institution, the Royal Free Hospital and Medical School in London, supported him as he sought to exploit the ensuing MMR scare for financial gain; and how key players failed to investigate thoroughly in the public interest when Deer first raised his concerns.
https://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452

Roald Dahl lost one of his children, Olivia, to measles (measles encephalitis, specifically) before there was a vaccine. He writes about it here. Unfortunately, losing children to measles was not uncommon then, just like Polio was not uncommon before that vaccine.
"In a district of around 300,000 people there will be one child every 250 years who will develop side-effects from immunisation. That is about a million to one chance."
https://www.roalddahl.com/roald-dahl/timeline/1960s/november-1962

As long as herd immunity works, non-vaccinated children are safer, but the less children are vaccinated, the less effective herd immunity is and the more kids will die from diseases like measles again. Anti-vaxxers are unethical. These deaths and a possible epidemic are preventable.

Furthermore, perpetuating the falsehood that vaccines cause autism shows a clear bias against people with autism. It is essentially saying it is better to have dead children (dying from diseases like measles) than a child with autism.

One reason for the increase in autism / neurodiversity percentages is simply because of neurodiversity awareness. There is a greater chance that people will be properly diagnosed with neurodiversity now, as opposed to decades ago. The definition of "autism spectrum disorders"/ neurodiversity is also broader now than it once was, so more people fit into the definition. Decades ago a kid who thought differently than their peers and didn't fit in would have simply lived life as a social outcast with no diagnosis. Now those same kids can find out how they are different and thrive because science and medicine has a better and broader understanding of neurodiversity. (Any rare MBTI type should be sympathetic to this.) Neurotypical people are simply different, not inferior. There is a broad scale of neurotypical definitions and traits. Some neurotypical people have disadvantages, others do not. Many have higher IQs than average and function well in society. We have forum members who fit into this category of people. I will let them describe their own brains.