Anyone here watches anime? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Anyone here watches anime?

Bat soup enthusiasts? I see you're a man of culture as well.

batman_ninja_trailer-1200x675.jpg

It's been years that I've watched anime.The Vision of Escaflowne was the first one as a kid in Austria. Was hooked, still one of my all time favorites.

View attachment 67000

I remember watching Escaflowne on german mtv when I was in 3rd grade. I just started my first year of german in school and liked to pretend I could understand something, however I didn't even know the name of the show. I was really into it regardless. Took me until I was in high school to piece the memories together and rediscover the show, and I still loved it.

The opening theme "People" has a special place in my memories.

I remember watching Escaflowne on german mtv when I was in 3rd grade. I just started my first year of german in school and liked to pretend I could understand something, however I didn't even know the name of the show. I was really into it regardless. Took me until I was in high school to piece the memories together and rediscover the show, and I still loved it.

The opening theme "People" has a special place in my memories.

For me it was the theme and sora's song (from the movie)

For me it was the theme and sora's song (from the movie)

The other song was lovely.

The movie was a fair bit darker than the show if I remember correctly? I don't know if there's been any other anime after Escaflowne that blends mecha, fantasy, magic and dreaminess in such an appealing and aesthetic way. I loved the mecha designs

571CA6C850100B0028.gif

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

I'm pretty excited for the return of Bleach as well as this spin off

Oh and Soul Eater was great (so was Hunter x Hunter, and Bleach without the filler junk)

I definitely liked the beginning of Soul Eater but also felt like the pacing started to suffer halfway through. Hunter x Hunter looks phenomenal, but it's pretty long IIRC, so I'm not sure when I'm going to take the plunge.

Escaflowne is one of my favourites of all times too (especially the movie), but I understand that it might not have the same effect nowadays with all those similar isekai (harem) animes and alot of anime mecha history.

Not enough people know this anime..

Kaiba (12 episodes)
13193.jpg

Don't be fooled by the simplistic 'cute' look.