[INFJ] - any infjs here with hsp(highly sensitive person)? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] any infjs here with hsp(highly sensitive person)?

tenor.gif

giphy-4.gif

Reactions: Misty and flower
I would be interested to know what is meant by "sensitive" in English. In German we have two very similar words. One describes the ability to feel very weak sensations, the other rather indicates that one is already overstrained by these weak sensations.
To be sensitive does not mean that you are already disturbed by these things, does it?

Reactions: Le Miroir
I would be interested to know what is meant by "sensitive" in English. In German we have two very similar words. One describes the ability to feel very weak sensations, the other rather indicates that one is already overstrained by these weak sensations.
To be sensitive does not mean that you are already disturbed by these things, does it?

Here's the thing in psychology a hyper-sensitive person(HSP) reverses to someone who is affected easily by emotion or feeling for example someone who gets hurt easily by comments of criticism even tho they might be jokes this person might take it personally. These people for the most part get in their head, cry etc.
Which I think is what they were referring to because I also saw the word empath.

Reactions: Sorn
Yup! Sensitive.. to everything lol, I learned the term before I even knew what INFJ was. My roommate I didn’t know very well, who was an HSP (ISFP?) told me he believed I was, possibly because I jumped SO bad whenever he silently walked into a room, and got excited whenever it rained and would sit by the window for hours. Not sure if those are common for HSP but he was right so I dunno! But it is very frustrating being so easily impacted by others

Reactions: flower and Sorn
I read that an HSP will avoid violent movies and material. I gravitate to violence in films because I know it is make believe. I like gore in film not so much in real life but not because it disgusts me, just the opposite, I'm fascinated by medicine and the physiology of being alive and dead. My darkside always gravitates to those gore sites. I'm a registered member on one site and I love to make funny comments, I don't know, I guess its my coping mechanism to the human annihilation posted on that site. I'm also super fascinated by the psyche of serial killers and even more fascinated by the men and women who have to gather clues in order to identify these killers. The only violence I cannot watch is animal cruelty footage, I've seen enough and that is when if any HSP I possess really shows up. Perhaps had I experienced a more sheltered childhood, a general HSP would have developed more?

Reactions: Jonah Caan
How do you feel about rollercoasters and nightclubs? *cough* :wink:
Infj-a here I love rollercoasters(especially when I'm high). Nightclubs(been like 10 times in my life, it's not that I don't like it but I don't see a point)and got wasted. When I say wasted I mean dancing on stage type wasted(only one) lol. But I'm also gay...

any infjs here with hsp(highly sensitive person) and explain what you suffer with most from this thanks?
Yes. I’m on the fence about it being something one is born with as opposed to a coping mechanism from childhood experiences.

I mainly battle with overstimulation/chaos. I’m learning it has to do with Fe (focus on others) at the expense of Si (focus on myself). But even if I mastered that, I seem unable to tolerate much activity, many people or things out of my control that are upsetting to my personal sense of peace.

Leads to many an existential crisis.

The pain of others really gets to me too, but it really depends on the person.

Brain chemistry and structure will tell you.
What I have yet to see is someone explaining whether outside forces are the source of the way the HSPs unique brain functions. Or if it truly is the original state of the person.

I just heard of a new study showing that babies seem to be introverted or extroverted from birth. One test used loud music and they found the introverted babies moved away from the sound and the extroverted babies moved towards it. I guess they watched them over time to know for sure if they continued on that way.

So I personally believe at least that much is a part of us from birth. It makes sense that would play a large role in the other ways we end up having our personalities crafted.

I don't get HSP. It doesn't make sense to say that half the population is highly sensitive (or even 20 percent), unless the other half is highly insensitive.

I don't know if it's an I/E thing? ESFJs are the most (generally) sensitive people I've met. :sweatsmile:
It’s a theory from evolutionary biology. The thought process is that societies need a “canary in the coal mine” kind of group that senses impending doom before anyone else.

It’s said that in primate groups where these sensitive types leave or die, the whole group then dies.

Reactions: Infjente
Hi... I think I'm a HSP with thick (very thick) skin... Resilience level 11...
Yes I feel same. Although very HSP, I have been able to withstand things which might put others, like F dominants into depression or loony bin. I think Ni is what saves us and gives us the resilience, but it also imo makes us feel very deeply at certain moments. Often we can feel pretty neutral and detached. But Fe can hit us like a train, with Ni adding depth.

Reactions: Elder