[INFJ] - any infjs here with hsp(highly sensitive person)? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] any infjs here with hsp(highly sensitive person)?

LMAO

OK, yeah that makes sense.

I was pushing you because I tend to think that being 'highly sensitive' is introversion, almost by definition. By brain chemistry and structure.

I don't get HSP. It doesn't make sense to say that half the population is highly sensitive (or even 20 percent), unless the other half is highly insensitive.

I don't know if it's an I/E thing? ESFJs are the most (generally) sensitive people I've met. :sweatsmile:

According to Elaine Aron, the researcher who coined the term "highly sensitive person", about 70% of HSP's are introverts and 30% are extraverts.

Of course the neurobiology of the HSP trait is vague at best, so who knows what's really going on at the molecular level.
Hmm, so would the 'extroverts' actually enjoy being overstimulated in this case? Seems contradictory to me, but I suppose we're getting defininitions confused at this point.

Interpreting the tests are hard, I suppose. I remember taking one last year and scoring just below the threshold because my mindset was that 'I'm fine' in such situations, even though I actively dislike them. Later on I took it again after I was in a busy city and realised that I hated it and had to get out of there, that time scoring much higher.

Nightclubs, though... I don't think I've ever enjoyed them. When I used to get pulled out a lot, I remember there was a talking bit at the beginning I enjoyed, and a drunk talking bit at the end I enjoyed more, bridged by hours of boring shite in dark, noisy rooms which I just used to 'endure'.

I don't get HSP. It doesn't make sense to say that half the population is highly sensitive (or even 20 percent), unless the other half is highly insensitive.
Hmm... If we assume that the population breaks down into a 'standard distribution of sensitivity', then we might be able to say that about a third are on the more sensitive side, with about a sixth 'highly sensitive', and therefore a third on the less sensitive side, and another sixth 'highly insensitive'.
View attachment 57599

I don't know if it's an I/E thing? ESFJs are the most (generally) sensitive people I've met. :sweatsmile:
Well, yeah... lol. My mum is ESFJ and she's super sensitive when it comes to people saying things to/about her (i.e. emotionally sensitive), but she enjoys stimulating environments and traditional 'fun' like dancing, &c.

Hmm... If we assume that the population breaks down into a 'standard distribution of sensitivity', then we might be able to say that about a third are on the more sensitive side, with about a sixth 'highly sensitive', and therefore a third on the less sensitive side, and another sixth 'highly insensitive'.
standard-distribution-png.57599

I'm highly okay with that.

Well, yeah... lol. My mum is ESFJ and she's super sensitive when it comes to people saying things to/about her (i.e. emotionally sensitive), but she enjoys stimulating environments and traditional 'fun' like dancing, &c.

:laughing: What about physical comfort? I feel like ESFJs are always freezing and they're never ergonomically satisfied :sweatsmile:

Hmm, so would the 'extroverts' actually enjoy being overstimulated in this case? Seems contradictory to me, but I suppose we're getting defininitions confused at this point.

Interpreting the tests are hard, I suppose. I remember taking one last year and scoring just below the threshold because my mindset was that 'I'm fine' in such situations, even though I actively dislike them. Later on I took it again after I was in a busy city and realised that I hated it and had to get out of there, that time scoring much higher.

Nightclubs, though... I don't think I've ever enjoyed them. When I used to get pulled out a lot, I remember there was a talking bit at the beginning I enjoyed, and a drunk talking bit at the end I enjoyed more, bridged by hours of boring shite in dark, noisy rooms which I just used to 'endure'.

Are you still together?

As for me, I think intuitives/introverts* are by definition highly sensitive, on physiological grounds.

*In as much as they're the same for these purposes.

Hi Deleted member 16771... Yes... I will do the break in a few hours...

Hi Deleted member 16771! Good afternoon (u're in UK right?)... Last 5 years was very hart... this is th 3rd break I try but the empathy trap always catch me... Last 24 hours was terrible....

Always the same... I'm the one to blame for everything... and I believe this... My daughters was influenced by that... she accepts no responsibility... there is no accountability from her in nothing that is wrong...

According to Elaine Aron, the researcher who coined the term "highly sensitive person", about 70% of HSP's are introverts and 30% are extraverts.

Of course the neurobiology of the HSP trait is vague at best, so who knows what's really going on at the molecular level.
Do you have the references to this? Kind of interested in the ratio.

Always the same... I'm the one to blame for everything... and I believe this... My daughters was influenced by that... she accepts no responsibility... there is no accountability from her in nothing that is wrong...
What's wrong man? You seem to be a chill person, open to some venting if you wan't.

Not INFJ (INTJ blabla), but I have HSP on high frequency sounds. If there is some loudness in the higher frequency spectrum (especially on concerts), it hurts a lot. Faster than other people have.

Do you have the references to this? Kind of interested in the ratio.

What's wrong man? You seem to be a chill person, open to some venting if you wan't.

Not INFJ (INTJ blabla), but I have HSP on high frequency sounds. If there is some loudness in the higher frequency spectrum (especially on concerts), it hurts a lot. Faster than other people have.

Hi Dragu! Thanks for the openess... I'm not chill at all, but in middle of the caos in my life I'm dealing with a lot of work and pressure in the office... So I couldn't dedicate time to forum today. I'm heading home now to talk with my wife (or ex, idk) to decide next steps on my life... Last night was very hard... I'll try to engage in a therapy with her, trying to preserve my daughters but idk even if it's a good idea...Maybe with a therapist, a 3rd person to support us, at least we have a not so hard end, or maybe she learn about her behavior...

Hi Dragu! Thanks for the openess... I'm not chill at all, but in middle of the caos in my life I'm dealing with a lot of work and pressure in the office... So I couldn't dedicate time to forum today. I'm heading home now to talk with my wife (or ex, idk) to decide next steps on my life... Last night was very hard... I'll try to engage in a therapy with her, trying to preserve my daughters but idk even if it's a good idea...Maybe with a therapist, a 3rd person to support us, at least we have a not so hard end, or maybe she learn about her behavior...

No problem man, seems you got a lot going on now, things like that happen in our lives. Relation therapy is a good step, find out the how's and why's on the situation.

It's very likely that a lot of people are mistyping themselves as HSP. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual ratio was lower than 20 percent.

Best of luck, Synergos :<3white: It's a rough patch you're going through, but you will make it through.

It's very likely that a lot of people are mistyping themselves as HSP. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual ratio was lower than 20 percent.

Best of luck, Synergos :<3white: It's a rough patch you're going through, but you will make it through.

Thank you @Ren! God has blessed me in each hard chapter of my life. Surely meeting these little INFJ family will bring some oasis to my desert! It's refreshing can share with so amazing people like you and all other I had met here!

• Your trait is normal. It is found in 15 to 20% of the population–too many to be a disorder, but not enough to be well understood by the majority of those around you. *Edit https://hsperson.com/
What I mean is that if the trait is normal, it doesn't make sense to call it Highly Sensitive Person. There's something I find very concerning about categorizing and medicalizing whatever falls outside the 68.2% 'optimal normal'.

The person part makes me cringe. Any condition should be considered something a person has not something a person is.

Last edited:
  • Your trait is normal. It is found in 15 to 20% of the population–too many to be a disorder, but not enough to be well understood by the majority of those around you.
What I mean is that if the trait is normal, it doesn't make sense to call it Highly Sensitive Person. There's something I find very concerning about categorizing and medicalizing whatever falls outside the 68.2% 'optimal normal'.

The person part makes me cringe. Any condition should be considered something a person has not something a person is.

You may call me crybaby if you wish. :p