American thoughts on Europe? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

American thoughts on Europe?

I noticed people from Europe are more worldly overall. I guess that's a side effect of the EU and being able to travel practically around the world without worrying about visas and legal hassles for a some of countries there. Plus, in the US if you travel 500 miles, you get from New York to New Jersey... big f***ing deal, right? In Europe, traveling 500 miles can put you in an entirely different country!

If I drive 500 miles I can cross at least 4 european countries

The Joys of Europe

As a Scot, Europe only seems to have losses, it doesn't appear to have any benefits for us apart from easy passport use. At least it has better beer than on the other end of the water I suppose.

Let's Talk Co-incidence

American Approach to Middle-East Problems...

bombs/guns/aircraft carriers... Result: dictatorships and jihadist nonsense.

Alizee releases Jen ai marre in February 2003... Result: 2011 the Arab Spring...

Coincidence? I think not!

Yah, I've got my silly shoes on this afternoon.

I thought you're interested in economics?! What about the bigger market, reduced transaction costs?

The trade boundaries come down regardless of European membership.

When we view the Scottish economy you can see an industry mothballed in the 70s to build the City of London, an massive oil producer redistributed to fund said city and improvements to middle England, a fishing fleet scrapped for the benefit of France and Spain and a massive contagion of EU legislation permeating our common law statutes forcing the taxpayer to 'reimburse' prisoners and to stop laws being passed which are not only sensible but our right to pass.

If it weren't for EUinc or UKinc Scotland would be as wealthy as Norway. So no, as a Scot and as an Economist I don't have anything particularly nice to say about either of these asset and decency stripping organisations. Much like the peoples of the lands who inhabit them, the governments are predominantly a mixture of squanderers, socialites and thieves. Democracy does not give people the government they want. It gives them the government they deserve.

As far as I'm concerned they can both skedaddle.

Last edited: