AM I an infj? isfj? p?? t??? | INFJ Forum

AM I an infj? isfj? p?? t???

peekaboo

Mar 16, 2015
MBTI
Introvert
Enneagram
9w8
hey so as you can tell ^^ i am very confused on my mbti and i'm not sure why, i'm really self doubting and need something like official confirmation to be sure (but since i'll never get that, i can at least try here!). i plan on filling out a questionnaire but first i will just give some background information... i'm sure of being an introvert, positive. i also know there are functions and look at them and understand them, but i'd rather go by letters just to be sure. i already have an idea of what functions i can relate to, but my self perception is much more likely to be skewed towards functions than letters, which are so much simpler, and i'm still having trouble with those.

-the biggest challenge for me to determine is S/N. i first tested as an N and never doubted that until recently because a couple people have been telling me i am an S. i also see myself as S sometimes. could i get some help with this?

-i'm kind of an F, but i like to keep this tentative for some reason. i can't be a TJ, but sometimes TP, eh... i do see myself as logical.... overall i view myself as a feeler, but i tested as INTP on the first test i took ever, so that's stuck with me, plus i am a reasonable person, which is why i like to keep this letter tentative. however as a child i was much more F, i am kind, friendly, love to help, value harmony etc. so i pick feeler (but very tentatively). maybe recently i've become hardened and i rarely cry, but i'm betting this could be a learned behavior as i've always valued emotions secretly

-P/J is also messy of course. *long paragraph beware* like i said i first tested as INTP, but my P was very weak and P&J were nearly tied. and since then it's been on and off. sometimes i go on wild P testing, sometimes J, usually close. here's where i think i could be a J, but a very lazy J, i'm confused. i procrastinate all the time. to the very last minute. i don't like to though, it's just that i get caught up doing things like this ;P and i do have an urgency about time, i don't like to do things last minute and do feel anxious. i also usually plan things in advance a lot. i haven't gone on a vacation all by myself yet, but i wanted to throw a new years party when i was like 10 and i made sure to plan everything myself, what events we would do, singing origami etc. in the order and all. i was always a very organized child, very neat, put my board game pieces back exactly how they were, never lost things, was responsible, my grandpa said when i went vacationing at their house and was ready to be picked up i had packed my suitcases 30 minutes early and was patiently waiting. this was all when i was a child of course, so it could be learned behavior from my parents too. as a teenager, it's like i have completely changed! i'm not completely disorganized, but i'm lazy, put things off to the last minute all the time, and i sometimes make last minute cancellations. i'm also very indecisive (but i still choose carefully), and like to keep my options open (but also like to come to closure). so i'm not sure. it could also be that as a teenager i can rely on other people to do things for me, so i become lazy. i suspect when i'm left alone to myself i become much more J about my own things, and uptight, but only if it's my own. for example i always kept my locker very clean, used an agenda, and generally i plan my actions in my head. one thing i have never related to P was the liking to start many projects, i love to finish, finish, finish. checking things off my agenda is fun, i cross out assignments when i have done them just because i like getting it off my mind. but that said, i am still lazy, indecisive, like to keep options open for awhile, procrastinate to the absolute last minute, losing sleep time, and don't like to plan too far ahead so... there you go

the reason i wrote so little for S/N is because it's so abstract, i don't understand that one well enough. even though i am so undecided on J/P, i feel like it's the simplest to understand. and again T/F i just really like to keep tentative for some reason... well i'd like to keep all the letters tentative. and i don't really have a huge grasping of it other than F=nice and T=tough minded, i don't really understand why i can't be logical in debates and arguments without also being kind and harmonic. ahh! sorry for writing so much, if you could help though

Last edited:
ok so here's a questionnaire, may not be necessary but i'll just do a quick one anyway

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
too open ended question. i think i went over it in the OP, so pretty much everything

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
this is a tough question because i haven't really thought about it. i think i would like a simple life, and kids to raise, something nice and comfortable. i would like success, something that drives me is competitive. secretly i want to be better than my peers, never fall behind. but beyond that i haven't really thought much about this. i also used to want to be a politician, so i'd have an actual impact on the world, and possibly change the way decisions are made and do something. but that's changed, so right now i'd say i really just would like to get settled and enjoy life a little bit. thinking about it too much makes me kind of nervous/anxious though :/

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
i'd honestly say times where i have been doing things, especially outside, energize me. but i hope this statement isn't mistaken for sensing...i spend a lot of time in front of the computer, and i think it is just human nature to feel better after getting away and being in nature for awhile instead of staring at a screen, anywhere near sunshine. so that definitely makes me better (but again i think everyone could relate to this)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
like i said before falling behind my peers, being a failure is one of them, losing, etc. i am afraid of. also when people do things better than i do. when people talk down to me sometimes...

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
other people's opinions. also facts weigh in a lot, but i like to consult other people for their advice as well before deciding. how i feel about it can be influenced, i'd say most of the time my goal is just to do the right thing which is hard to define. in most cases i want a balance of what is best for me and others, i hate feeling used. i also value facts a lot, but i may be misinterpreting this because i would consult with others and talk about the facts with them, and hopefully come to an overall decision... idk ono how i feel about it is also important, it really depends on the decision and my mood. this is a tough question!

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
when working on a project i'd say i like to get it done. i want to contribute something, i don't like feeling useless. for example i get annoyed if someone is doing all the work and just sending me to go do the errands for them. i like to help, but "control over the outcome" i'd say if i was in a group this may put a lot of pressure on me and i would not do a good job of handling it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
i don't really have a good memory of anything, lol. i guess times i've been to roller coaster parks, sleepovers, all of those are fun. i can barely remember them though.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
i find hands on learning is kind of useless, like seeing something in action "just to see it" when you are already told what's going to happen-how is that going to help you? i like to talk something out with another person, ask all my questions and understand it that way. i also hate memorizing, i prefer to understand

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
i like when i am physically organized, which is not all the time. when it comes to my life, i haven't really made much of an effort to be organized. so not very. but if i was on my own 100% no one else to help me (i'm more dependent right now) i might impose my own structure on myself.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
both of these answers sound pretty reasonable. if i get a new idea, i try to make sense out of it and understand it. whether this is seeing what effects it could have, thinking of its outcomes, or also using what i currently know and comparing them. overall, i like to incorporate the whole idea... i might also like to know the details of it, but not too many. i don't like learning new ideas though, because i have to understand it completely or i don't feel confident. something just needs to click in my mind. but once i understand it, i'm ok...

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
i find harmony by making sure everyone is ok with me, and people are getting along. i want to follow what i believe in and be myself as well, it makes me uncomfortable when i'm not sincere. but i care a lot about how others perceive me, so in this way i can change myself, but i really don't like doing it, it's more of a defense mechanism. actually i wrote about this when i was in middle school before, about how i always molded into everyone's expectations of me and acted, but have been making a conscious effort to stop doing this and be authentic.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
easy thinks before speaking. i like one on one communication more, less pressure. but i will jump in group discussions from time to time, it's just harder

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
know where i am jumping in before i do- definitely. also i think actions speak louder than words most of the time, because actions get things done. words are beautiful and can mean a lot, but in the end they still don't accomplish much. maybe my opinion on this might change, but for now the answer would be actions because they make real impacts on the world, whereas words will only touch me personally

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
hmmm probably go out. i can watch the show youtube~

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
i keep it contained, get closed off, and act differently. i don't lash out at people, but i'm more preoccupied, cranky, and less concerned with what is going on around me. i can get anxious

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
arrogance is huge, when they tell me what to do, look down on me, think they are superior, etc. hate all of these things. also dislike mean people, those who don't get others viewpoints, and more recently...people with strong "values" (?) sometimes i am debating with a person, and i am trying to be normal and reasonable, and then they might close off and get angry without wanting to talk about their beliefs. this annoys me a lot, because i like to talk about it and come to a conclusion, and i consider it rude, but i usually just go along with it. but yes people like that who don't consider others. (usually i try not to be self centered but i have been told once i think the world revolves around me lol) i don't try to, but i've also been told i can come across as pushy in my beliefs and try to influence other people to agree with me, really though i am just trying to talk about it logically

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
mbti, theories, gossip, maybe politics. also i guess i like discussing video games i'm interested in

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
my health, but recently i've been taking care of it and exercising a lot, so not that anymore. hmm i would have also put my appearance here but that's slowly changing. i don't know, this question is too hard >< i guess the main answer would be my sense of self. i don't have a good idea who i am, or my beliefs and views on the world, but this could be enneagram related

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
don't know, i could be wrong

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
go on the internet hehe. i might go outside too. it's my time...

p.s. when i take tests it doesn't help i can manipulate results, but in the beginning i did test as intp often, or infp, and still do. recently more J.
also i understand if i don't get any help here, it's really long and basically a shot in the dark :m129:

Last edited:
Reading both your intro and questionnaire I feel more inclined to go with Si than Ni. I think ISFJ could fit, but I don't think I'm the right person to help you on this.

Ok, first off, it's not going to help you to just look at the letters if you don't understand the implications of them. So, for the sake of this discussion, we're going to assume that you are an introvert. If you are an Introverted perciever (IXXP), your dominant function will be an introverted judging function (Ti or Fi). People like these tend to be extremely self critical of themselves and take longer to get something done (with the exception of the ISTP). Ti doms are constantly refining their logical interpretation of ever. Thought they have. It doesn't matter if it doesn't exactly make sense to other people, as long as it fits into their logical framework. If you are an Fi dominant, you would be most concerned with your personal value system and continuously assessing how things make you feel.

If you are an Introverted Judger (IXXJ), your leading function will be an Introverted percieving function. (Ni or Si) If you are Ni dominant, you're constantly coming up with ideas and conclusions tailored to your thoughts and impressions of people, but conclusions is the key word. You often find yourself lost in your head with working on coming to these conclusions, and it's a straighter path. Think of it as having a mental concept map, and all the concepts point to the center, your conclusion. What you do with said conclusion, would depend on your other functions.

Si works with your memories, experiences that you've internalized. It tends to be past~oriented because that's where it's perception is most comfortable. Si likes to ask, "What has worked in the past with this situation?". They're the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" kind of people. Si doms are also very aware of their bodies on a physiological levels, and their internal rhythms in general.

I hope this helps in your assessment.

P.S- attacthment to test results as a determination of your type, is one of the common signs of possible inferior Te, especially if you haven't logically tried to make sense of your results, yourself.

Ok, first off, it's not going to help you to just look at the letters if you don't understand the implications of them. So, for the sake of this discussion, we're going to assume that you are an introvert. If you are an Introverted perciever (IXXP), your dominant function will be an introverted judging function (Ti or Fi). People like these tend to be extremely self critical of themselves and take longer to get something done (with the exception of the ISTP). Ti doms are constantly refining their logical interpretation of ever. Thought they have. It doesn't matter if it doesn't exactly make sense to other people, as long as it fits into their logical framework. If you are an Fi dominant, you would be most concerned with your personal value system and continuously assessing how things make you feel.

If you are an Introverted Judger (IXXJ), your leading function will be an Introverted percieving function. (Ni or Si) If you are Ni dominant, you're constantly coming up with ideas and conclusions tailored to your thoughts and impressions of people, but conclusions is the key word. You often find yourself lost in your head with working on coming to these conclusions, and it's a straighter path. Think of it as having a mental concept map, and all the concepts point to the center, your conclusion. What you do with said conclusion, would depend on your other functions.

Si works with your memories, experiences that you've internalized. It tends to be past~oriented because that's where it's perception is most comfortable. Si likes to ask, "What has worked in the past with this situation?". They're the "If it aint broke, don't fix it" kind of people. Si doms are also very aware of their bodies on a physiological levels, and their internal rhythms in general.

I hope this helps in your assessment.

P.S- attacthment to test results as a determination of your type, is one of the common signs of possible inferior Te, especially if you haven't logically tried to make sense of your results, yourself.
Nah, I relate to both. It's too vague. I do pay attention to test results though, and try to be honest.... Anyway I would still like to confirm j and p, n or s, etc sorry

Nah, I relate to both. It's too vague. I do pay attention to test results though, and try to be honest.... Anyway I would still like to confirm j and p, n or s, etc sorry
Ok, you'll have a greater probability of mistyping looking at it in that manner, but suit yourself.

in any case, the 16types videos on Youtube might give you better understanding of what type you might be.

ISFP/INFP

If you have to ask, most likely you're not an SJ or TJ

ISFP/INFP

If you have to ask, most likely you're not an SJ or TJ
oh i know i am not a TJ for sure. i am pretty confident of being a feeler, but i have trouble showing it. i relate to sensing, which as i read about is pragmatic and factual. it says intuitives think about the future which i never do, i am much more pragmatic than visionary. the only problem is i don't relate to the SP temperament which says thrill seeking and spontaneous/bold, i want security and comfort and although i may think about it i don't do risky things, i'm cautious (i've never done drugs and don't really feel tempted to drink alcohol and if i did, i would monitor it carefully). i'm also not that much of a fun person to be around honestly :p

on the 16personalities test i've been getting ISFP, sometimes ISFJ and sometimes INFP. the 'S' is pretty low but the J/P is the lowest by far. idk.

it says intuitives think about the future which i never do, i am much more pragmatic than visionary.

Nothing came to my attention until I started interacting with other types. I only noticed that I fit the description of intuitive after taking a deeper look at myself. This trait was so deeply ingrained in my language and behavior that I simply did not exist without it. My writings were filled with future tense, extrapolation, and contextual insight. And this was often a source of discontent with writing assignments in school.

Pragmatism occupies a very scary and inhumane place that I revile as entirely evil. I often associate such views as pedantic or at worst anti-intellectual. You could try reading more about the topic here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatism

Serenity said:
Ok, first off, it's not going to help you to just look at the letters if you don't understand the implications of them. So, for the sake of this discussion, we're going to assume that you are an introvert. If you are an Introverted perciever (IXXP), your dominant function will be an introverted judging function (Ti or Fi).

Just fyi/in case you're interested, and for the general benefit of this thread's readers' information:

While the functions can be quite interesting, as it happens, the world of the models that the functions fit into is considerably controversial -- the idea that IPs (as defined by your scores on tests) are dominant introverted judgers doesn't fit with the data gathered by studies on both the MBTI and the five factor model of personality that the MBTI is said to correlate fairly well with. It's a hypothesis by Isabel Myers which is among the aspects of her theory that's pretty much disproved.

Now, one can ignore the tests and simply use INXP as code for TiNe or FiNe, but even that approach has problems, in that there is a split in the schools on what the attitude of the second function should be in an introvert: whether it should be opposite or the same. Many orthodox followers of Jung detail that it should be the same. Myers' hypothesis was opposite.

The tertiary's attitude is even less agreed upon. The proponents of the tertiary attitude being shared to the dominant are roughly Nardi, Grant, Berens, John Beebe, and a few others - it turns out even Isabel Myers originally hypothesized that the attitude of the tertiary should be the same as the attitude of the aux and inf, i.e. INFJs would actually have Te.

So, my approach has increasingly become to treat none of the models as right, and to figure out the person's attitudes for all the functions individually and/or figure out the role the functions play in someone's psyche without assuming an attitude.

peekaboo said:
and i don't really have a huge grasping of it other than F=nice and T=tough minded, i don't really understand why i can't be logical in debates and arguments without also being kind and harmonic. ahh! sorry for writing so much, if you could help though

The truth is F/T is a mixture of two things: the feeling and thinking functions of Jung and the Agreeableness dimension of the Five Factor model of personality. Or at least, that's two of its most major components. It's safe to say N/S is also a mixture of Five Factor's two commonly included (depending on which inventory you look at) Openness facets consisting of fantasy/imagination-orientation and intellect/idea-orientation.

It is, in principle, quite possible to be high on one and low on another -- for instance, be more of a thinking than a feeling type, but be more tenderhearted than tough. The idea of organizing the two into a broad personality dimension is that on average, the tendency to prefer feeling is positively related with being more human-oriented, tender, and so forth -- but it isn't positively related enough that you don't end up with nice, gentle people who prefer thinking to feeling, and not so nice, much darker people who prefer feeling to thinking.

It's similar to the idea that the more imaginative people are also often more excited about new ideas, but it's quite possible to be excited about new ideas but not so into fantasy. MBTI is organizing the two together under a common theme, which is roughly how down-to-earth you are vs how up and out there you are.

Similarly, T/F seems to be themed around human-orientation: the feeling function component is about general human value appraisals/feeling judgments/depth of sentiment, and the compassion component is about general regard for the fate of humanity - having sympathy for others, caring about human beings, and so forth.

When I say feeling function, I refer to the originator of the theory, Jung. You can view the MBTI as an instantiation of the Jungian theory that conforms to modern statistical personalty type testing research standards by seeking to produce a way of measuring a theme which involves both a level of conceptual and statistical coherence.

peekaboo said:
the biggest challenge for me to determine is S/N. i first tested as an N and never doubted that until recently because a couple people have been telling me i am an S. i also see myself as S sometimes. could i get some help with this?

It is entirely possible to be more in-the-middle than differentiated on a dimension. Both Jung and modern statistical research demonstrate this about personality dimensions.
Those who say it's impossible to be in the middle on say E/I are usually diehard MBTIers who ignore MBTI's significant study next to other models such as the five factor one, where the distributions of each scale are normal, not bimodal, hence an extensive clustering in the middle, AND Jung, who founded the functions theory, who states

Jung said:
There is, finally, a third group, and here it is hard to say whether the motivation comes chiefly from within or without. This group is the most numerous and includes the less differentiated normal man, who is considered normal either because he allows himself no excesses or because he has no need of them. The normal man is, by definition, influenced as much from within as from without. He constitutes the extensive middle group.

That said, the best way to decide S/N is to decide how you are on the idea/fact and imaginative/down-to-earth dichotomies.

It is entirely possible to be more in-the-middle than differentiated on a dimension. Both Jung and modern statistical research demonstrate this about personality dimensions.
Those who say it's impossible to be in the middle on say E/I are usually diehard MBTIers who ignore MBTI's significant study next to other models such as the five factor one, where the distributions of each scale are normal, not bimodal, hence an extensive clustering in the middle, AND Jung, who founded the functions theory, who states

That said, the best way to decide S/N is to decide how you are on the idea/fact and imaginative/down-to-earth dichotomies.
that's a good point about there being facets to each letter, but i think i'd have to take the step 2 mbti to see them. and with so many of the questions it asks you: imaginative vs. realistic? i have trouble deciding between what the question is asking; is it asking if i would rather be realistic or imaginative, how imaginative are they talking about, and what draws the line between imaginative and being goofy? when it says realistic i immediately think of xSTJ stereotypes, and when it says imaginative i think of xNFP, so then it seems like imaginative people are nicer which is why i would go with that, but i know imaginative=/=nice :/

You need to basically realize there's no hard and fast answer as to how imaginative is imaginative, how realistic is realistic -- part of the weakness of the MBTI is it presents what probably should be a continuous scale as a dichotomy. There IS no clear line between -- you can either be more one direction or more another. You could loosely set the "middle" to be the average person taking the MBTI, of course, but that's not very conceptually interesting as far as I can see, so it's only useful if you want a real "final answer."

Imaginative people definitely do not have to be nicer albeit it is natural for you to think so if you've run into the overly abrasive SJ types -- some tortured artists are intensely imaginative, but have no problem berating people they cross viciously.

Whereas there are some very realistic people who spend their lives nursing and taking care of people in down to earth ways, are sensitive to their feelings -- indeed, their down-to-earthness could even help them put more effort into tender acts of kindness than someone more concerned with lofty idealism (which some NF types are).

The Step 2 MBTI facets imho aren't very useful. I like the Five Factor Model much better in terms of dividing its dimensions into conceptually different facets -- the MBTI Step II facets seem to all kind of say the same thing. I really think the two main themes in MBTI which aren't officially called facets but might well be like separate themes, are the "thinking vs feeling" theme and the "toughness/detachment vs compassion/tenderness/caring" themes.
The larger theme encompassing theme is that MBTI F is about overall human orientation, it seems. The classic F just bleeds all the way being human, the classic T might be the person totally detached from human themes. Being caring is one aspect of this, but just one -- being a person of deep human sentiment is another, considering that more valuable than detached knowledge is equally a theme.

You could of course go with the best-fit holistic portrait, and Keirsey is pretty good for that. By holistic I mean, you might have trouble deciding a score for a given dimension standalone, but Keirsey writes of the 16 typical patterns recurring when you put all 4 preferences occur together, or 2 or so forth. The NT for instance is identified with a Rational orientation.
Keep in mind this won't agree precisely and exactly with the FFM or the MBTI, but it's close enough.

The other thing you can do is identify your Jungian functions, but I really recommend not sticking to any of the models prescribed, as they seem overly arbitrary about prescribing rules, and it's telling that the professionals can't even agree on what the rules should be -- honestly they just are taking leaps of faith based on experience at a certain point rather than addressing that their modeling paradigms are not converging on various points, and for good reason.

Last edited:
I think you are FJ. I'll leave the N/S open, because I don't have enough time now.

But first a note. Though the MBTI letters are presented as dichotomies, it makes much more sense to see them as continuums. On one side is 100% J and on the other side 100% P. A person is likely somewhere in between. For me I'm around 60/40 or 55/45 on all but the J/P scale. There I score 70 to 75% J. I identify with descriptions of INTJs, INFJs, ISTJs and ENTPs.
What I'm trying to say, you might just be in the middle on something.

I put my comments in bold.

hey so as you can tell ^^ i am very confused on my mbti and i'm not sure why, i'm really self doubting and need something like official confirmation to be sure (but since i'll never get that, i can at least try here!). i plan on filling out a questionnaire but first i will just give some background information... i'm sure of being an introvert, positive. i also know there are functions and look at them and understand them, but i'd rather go by letters just to be sure. i already have an idea of what functions i can relate to, but my self perception is much more likely to be skewed towards functions than letters, which are so much simpler, and i'm still having trouble with those.

-the biggest challenge for me to determine is S/N. i first tested as an N and never doubted that until recently because a couple people have been telling me i am an S. i also see myself as S sometimes. could i get some help with this?

-i'm kind of an F, but i like to keep this tentative for some reason. i can't be a TJ, but sometimes TP, eh... i do see myself as logical.... overall i view myself as a feeler, but i tested as INTP on the first test i took ever, so that's stuck with me, plus i am a reasonable person, which is why i like to keep this letter tentative. however as a child i was much more F, i am kind, friendly, love to help, value harmony etc. so i pick feeler (but very tentatively). maybe recently i've become hardened and i rarely cry, but i'm betting this could be a learned behavior as i've always valued emotions secretly
Men are likely to mistype themselves as T although they really are F. The entire description points to more feeling than thinking. That obivously doesn't mean you don't think. Feelers are also logical and thinkers are also kind. It's just the one you identify with more and from your text you definitely seem to be a Feeler.

-P/J is also messy of course. *long paragraph beware* like i said i first tested as INTP, but my P was very weak and P&J were nearly tied. and since then it's been on and off. sometimes i go on wild P testing, sometimes J, usually close. here's where i think i could be a J, but a very lazy J, i'm confused. i procrastinate all the time. to the very last minute. i don't like to though, it's just that i get caught up doing things like this ;P
I'm a definite J and I procrastinate a lot too. Sometimes for me it has to do with my perfectionism. If I do something it has to be perfect, so I end up not doing it.

and i do have an urgency about time, i don't like to do things last minute and do feel anxious. i also usually plan things in advance a lot. [Planning -> future -> N or J] i haven't gone on a vacation all by myself yet, but i wanted to throw a new years party when i was like 10 and i made sure to plan everything myself, what events we would do, singing origami etc. in the order and all. i was always a very organized child, very neat, put my board game pieces back exactly how they were, never lost things, was responsible, my grandpa said when i went vacationing at their house and was ready to be picked up i had packed my suitcases 30 minutes early and was patiently waiting. this was all when i was a child of course, so it could be learned behavior from my parents too. [Nah, I doubt it. Lots of J. Also I was kinda lazy as child already and still am.] as a teenager, it's like i have completely changed! i'm not completely disorganized, but i'm lazy, put things off to the last minute all the time, and i sometimes make last minute cancellations. i'm also very indecisive (but i still choose carefully), [Like I said. Planning perfectly before acting -> J] and like to keep my options open (but also like to come to closure). so i'm not sure. it could also be that as a teenager i can rely on other people to do things for me, so i become lazy. i suspect when i'm left alone to myself i become much more J about my own things, and uptight, but only if it's my own. for example i always kept my locker very clean, used an agenda, and generally i plan my actions in my head. one thing i have never related to P was the liking to start many projects, i love to finish, finish, finish. checking things off my agenda is fun, i cross out assignments when i have done them just because i like getting it off my mind. but that said, i am still lazy, indecisive, like to keep options open for awhile, procrastinate to the absolute last minute, losing sleep time, and don't like to plan too far ahead so... there you go
Not saying you are an über J, but I'd definitely say you are J over P.

the reason i wrote so little for S/N is because it's so abstract, i don't understand that one well enough. even though i am so undecided on J/P, i feel like it's the simplest to understand. and again T/F i just really like to keep tentative for some reason... well i'd like to keep all the letters tentative. and i don't really have a huge grasping of it other than F=nice and T=tough minded, i don't really understand why i can't be logical in debates and arguments without also being kind and harmonic. ahh! sorry for writing so much, if you could help though
About T/F. How do you fare in conflict? Awkward situations? Can you tell one of your friend easily that he smells really bad?
And again. We can be both. We can be logical and kind, direct and harmonic. Most of us just have a preference for one. A small percent of us doesn't have that preference, they're just 50/50.

So for now: IxFJ.

Notes on questionnaire:

2:SP

2/4: "competitive" -> T?

6: J

7/8: NNNNNN

10: Both elements of S and N. Click -> Ni.

11: Clearly FJ (Fe) over FP (Fi).

13: Know before do -> J. About "accomplishing" -> J.

16: Arrogance, looking down, don't consider etc etc are all things a Feeler would say if you ask me. "Conclusion" -> J.

Maybe I just interpreted your answers to fit my earlier conclusion, but I personally believe more in my earlier conclusion of IxFJ.
If I were to fill the X I'd go with S for now, but I'd say you're close to 50/50 on N/S.
Why S? To me you seem like a Sensor with Intuition traits and not like an Intuitive with Sensing traits.

About T/F. How do you fare in conflict? Awkward situations? Can you tell one of your friend easily that he smells really bad?
And again. We can be both. We can be logical and kind, direct and harmonic. Most of us just have a preference for one. A small percent of us doesn't have that preference, they're just 50/50.

So for now: IxFJ.
Conflict: get defensive, fight back or at least don't back down, and then afterwards I pretty much clam up and try to ignore the person, but I end up feeling very uncomfortable and left out and usually I just isolate myself/make it harder and more complicated than it has to be. that makes it harder to concentrate on doing other things and I become preoccupied with the conflict until it's over. but I try to hide that...

Awkward situations: oh I am really awkward lol. :p I guess in normal stranger interaction I'm bland/polite, but if it was a real awkward situation I would try to dance around it and move on, but it would probably still stay awkward... not good with those.

It depends on how close of a friend he is and which one. if it was one of my closest friends I would definitely be honest with them, since it's just helpful feedback. but I would feel bad or guilty if I was being too harsh afterwards since I can be more critical than other people. if it was a more distant friend who I'm not as close to I wouldn't...

Notes on questionnaire:

2:SP

2/4: "competitive" -> T?

6: J

7/8: NNNNNN

10: Both elements of S and N. Click -> Ni.

11: Clearly FJ (Fe) over FP (Fi).

13: Know before do -> J. About "accomplishing" -> J.

16: Arrogance, looking down, don't consider etc etc are all things a Feeler would say if you ask me. "Conclusion" -> J.

Maybe I just interpreted your answers to fit my earlier conclusion, but I personally believe more in my earlier conclusion of IxFJ.
If I were to fill the X I'd go with S for now, but I'd say you're close to 50/50 on N/S.
Why S? To me you seem like a Sensor with Intuition traits and not like an Intuitive with Sensing traits.
ok well I guess I can agree with you, milder J traits with the exception of time management/being on time and making decisions? but here's the really weird thing... I think I already mentioned how at home I am really lazy, irresponsible, and messy and let my mom do everything, including the decisions and tasks. but then when I had to go on an overnight trip to another place in the hotel room I was a lot more organized with my stuff and kept it all in the suitcase without messing anything up, kept my shoes near the door, didn't lose anything, brushed my teeth morning and night, etc. the complete opposite of my roommates who threw their stuff everywhere and did "whatever". but my actual suitcase was a mess, I just dumped all my clothes and things in there but they still stayed in there. I was also over prepared for the trip with lots of food, medicine, water bottles, money etc. and I was careful not to waste it. overall I do become responsible, but only when forced to on my own. do you think that is still a J/P indicator, even though my actual luggage case was chaotic?

yeah the reason I replied to this is also because I was thinking I could be S. some people say I give off a conservative vibe.