Acer Aspire and Linux | INFJ Forum

Acer Aspire and Linux

S

Shai Gar

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!

I'm trying to get my computer operational, and this stupid fucking thing won't let me install Ubuntu 7.10 onto an Acer Aspire M1610
I need a new computer that'll accept linux. I've no damn idea why this network card isn't accepted.

haha wow thanks for the warning. I have a friend with an Acer and he's having some trouble with vista... lol I was considering offering to install Ubuntu for him. I feel like I dodged a bullet there now.

I just got an Acer Aspire One for my 18th birthday! It was $240 USD on Newegg, and I'm currently installing Windows XP (from a USB drive).

It's pretty awesome, except the SSD write speed is soooooo slow...............

I have an Acer Aspire 5920 running Vista SP1 and Wubi 8.x Ubuntu. Runs pretty good, recognized the WiFi card and
video display on boot. At least this way I am not messing with the NTLDR/windows loader-I can just uninstall Wubi from within Windows-I can think of a few times I have pooched Linux and the Windows came tumbling down with it.
Would be perfect if I could find a way to make WINE play nice with my favorite Windows toys.

Last edited:
Oh, and DSL and Puppy Linux, micro versions of linux-are hard drive installable with many drivers older computers need. Not sure if thats what is being asked about....

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!

I'm trying to get my computer operational, and this stupid fucking thing won't let me install Ubuntu 7.10 onto an Acer Aspire M1610
I need a new computer that'll accept linux. I've no damn idea why this network card isn't accepted.
I FOUND YOUR PROBLEM! =d

the SSD write speed is soooooo slow...............

I just fixed it! I found a software called ramdisk that lets you use RAM like a hard drive. As long as I use hibernate instead of shutting the netbook down, the files remain.