Abortion | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

Abortion

I'm more interested in never having to make that choice.

Bullshit, life isn't miserable and full of suffering for everyone, what a pessimistic view.

Ok, maybe life isn't suffering in the sense that everyone is starving but be honest, it's not all pretty and pink out there. Beautiful, sure.

Many of the optimists that I know in person are naive and choose to avert their eyes from the suffering just to make themselves feel better. They may not be suffering but they are also lying to themselves.

Ok, maybe life isn't suffering in the sense that everyone is starving but be honest, it's not all pretty and pink out there. Beautiful, sure.

Many of the optimists that I know in person are naive and choose to avert their eyes from the suffering just to make themselves feel better. They may not be suffering but they are also lying to themselves.

That's fair I suppose but I don't think it's not a world worth being born in to.

It's noobody's business but the people involved. .I think back to what Jesus had to say about it. . .nothing

Reactions: acd and flower
At what point would you say life "officially" begins?

I feel like it begins with a relational bond/acceptance that gives one a natural and equal place in society (like a vital part of an organism). And that "life" has a gradual entrance and exit. Like when people get old, it's natural that their bond/ties to society become less attached. At some point, their surroundings has accepted that they are on their way "out" of life.

Technically, life begins with conception. Idealistically, life is _life_ no matter where it is on its journey. Rationally, human life can't be treated equally regardless of where it's at on it's lifespan, because reality/nature doesn't work like that.

Conclusion: human "life" has begun when death/spontaneous abortion is unnatural (passed the natural selection test, where 25%(?) will not make it).

I'm for abortion if it's taken place within this time period. Or further into the pregnancy, if there's detected severe prenatal defects that is known to cause incurable suffering after being born.

100% against. Im not sure when a fetus becomes “a life,” but I also would rather not play roulette with a human life.

But honestly, that never seems to be the real question with abortion. It would appear to me that the real question is, “how much do you value life?”

It's noobody's business but the people involved. .I think back to what Jesus had to say about it. . .nothing

Yes... we all know abortion was prevalent 2000 years ago... they had the facilities springing up all over Israel. He must have walked past 12 clinics just on his way to the temple.

Women should maintain their body autonomy and privacy. The government has no business policing women's reproduction. I can understand people saying they are concerned for the potential life of the fetus. But I think if women are to be equal members of society, their right to privacy and bodily autonomy should not be forfeit once an egg is fertilized.

All of the nutrition is also delivered via the mother's bloodstream, the fetus cannot digest food on its own.

Fuckin little vampires

Women should maintain their body autonomy and privacy. The government has no business policing women's reproduction. I can understand people saying they are concerned for the potential life of the fetus. But I think if women are to be equal members of society, their right to privacy and bodily autonomy should not be forfeit once an egg is fertilized.

I agree one hundred percent.

Reactions: flower and neko