a challenge for our MBTI gurus | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

a challenge for our MBTI gurus

did you read the latest post of his?

Sorry NV, doesn't sound like me to me. It could very well be INTP. It's extremely detached, concise, and impersonal. The writing is precise enough, but it still has to be "translated" into my mind.
I think that is a function targeting the blog to assume knowledge of certain really detailed database theory.
To be honest, I find it quite difficult to read. Whereas I see myself as focusing on the ideas upon which events hinge and elaborating with numerous metaphors, this writer seems to write concise summaries of his actions and logical processes. Not that this precludes the author from being INTJ, it just precludes him from being me.
Maybe you don't have the experience to know that but using metaphors to explain things to other programmers will get you yelled at almost every time in the real world. If you want to write for other programmers, you have got to go for that ridiculously over the top NT style if you want them to read it.

That could explain it. I most certainly DON'T yet have the experience to know that. Pretty much every conversation I've had about programming has been with people at or below my level, or if with someone above my level it was about something I didn't fully understand yet. Hence the need to use metaphors in those circumstances.

I have asked him the following question. Whether it is possible to look at quantum physics in a more philosophical/spiritual way?

his answer is that he doesn't know enough of quantum physics and that without the necessairy knoweledge trying to create a philosophy or even spirituality would lead to little results. That quantum physics has little evidences and a lot of theories and that he is to much down to earth to connect spirituality to anything

man that is a bummer, I connect spirituality to everything

his philosphy seems to be mainly about morality/ethics and studying the fysiology of the brain to understand morality. What that may be. So basicely it seems he even approaches morality with logic

I have asked him the following question. Whether it is possible to look at quantum physics in a more philosophical/spiritual way?

his answer is that he doesn't know enough of quantum physics and that without the necessairy knoweledge trying to create a philosophy or even spirituality would lead to little results. That quantum physics has little evidences and a lot of theories and that he is to much down to earth to connect spirituality to anything
I don't see what spirituality has to do with quantum mechanics either.

Haha, I'm with Morgain. In a way.

well, I had a date with him this evening and

I know now everything there is to know about "how to program a microscope to focus automaticaly" :shocked:. It was that or cell phone software. So then microscopes are more in line with my job :D. He making software for microscopes while I use them in my job (lab) really seemed to be the only thing we have in common.

Allthough he really showed interest in my job (biology and biotechnology) somehow he managed every topic to turn out back on the microscope software development. And he smashed my dream/passion to become a creative designer and yes he has a point, there are so many wannabees in that niche of the market and I will never become rich by making websites for the neighbours, but if that is something I like to do??

when he first contacted me he wrote about my profile that he didn't know what item he liked the most. That I like to look farther than the conventional and try to experience a deeper level, that I would like to bring the things I feel to creation. In fact he mentioned all the "dreamy INFPish" treads that I had mentioned in my profile. But in the mean time he hasn't mentioned any of this during our date or has given me the opportunity to show that side of me to him (whenever I tried he turned the conversation back to software :D).
It seems that he only akwnowledged my thinking side while he admired my dreamy side on my profile. It seems so very much off that he even admired it because it is so much not like him, he is the most NTish guy I have ever met. Maybe that is the reason why? attraction of the opposites?

besides that, he must be really really really good in what he does. He has hardly a degree but has been able to save in 6 years more than twice the amount of money I am able to loan from the bank with my salary. It means he has saved enough money in 6 years to buy a nice big house in my country where houses are moderate expensive.
not that I'm looking for rich people!
I'm going to meet him again next week and we'll see what the conversation wil be about. If it is all software again than that is it for me, if there is an opening to other topics and if he shows more interests in me, than maybe :D Maybe it is a good challenge for me to learn to be my INFP selve in the company of the most NTish guy I have ever encountered? And he was attractive!

about the MBTI, INT for sure but I'm not certain about P or J. I think his conversation was very focussed on the topic, always building it up from the basic foundations so I could follow, so that would make me think INTJ :D

Last edited: