^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you are INFJ, you're probably idealistic. Even if you're not INFJ, most people would probably agree that the world needs to be a better place, whatever better is. So how do we make the world a better place? Well, Ghandi said:

If you are INFJ, you're probably idealistic. Even if you're not INFJ, most people would probably agree that the world needs to be a better place, whatever better is. So how do we make the world a better place? Well, Ghandi said:

I always live my life by Ghandiji's words.

I never tell other people how to live.
If I think the world needs more honesty, I become completely honest.
If I think the world needs more love, I give love.
If I think the world needs more compassion, I give compassion.
If I think the world needs more loyalty, I am loyal.
Etc.

That's how I live.

The only thing that I can see improving the world is for people to think for themselves, and this can't be forced on anyone.
I am with you here, Dragon.
I am excessively idealistic and am in no wise content with the way our human affairs are run. I am not interested in any type of revolution that involves a show of force. I'm not into people blowing up private property to prove a point and nonsense like that.

If there is going to be lasting change, it is going to come from people waking up and becoming aware of our situation--becoming aware of their chains. When the collective conscious changes, there will be lasting change.

It's like my gf said just earlier this evening; "we just need another great flood."

As for my personal struggle, I just make every attempt to not worsen anything, and when possible improve things in a way which is copacetic to the majority.

Last edited:
I don't have the energy, or drive to change the world, on a large scale at least. I feel much more drawn to changing the world by helping people on the small scale that I know personally. I have adversion to most groups and the idea of being part of a 'cause' repells me.

Do I want the world to change? Of course, who doesn't. However, I am not the person to do that. It takes a very special and unique person to step up and make a difference. I will do my part by working "behind the scenes" if you will.

Do you want to improve the world?
I don't think it can be done.

The world is sacred.
It can't be improved.
If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it.
If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it.

There is a time for being ahead,
a time for being behind;
a time for being in motion,
a time for being at rest;
a time for being vigorous,
a time for being exhausted;
a time for being safe,
a time for being in danger.

The Master sees things as they are,
without trying to control them.
She lets them go their own way,
and resides at the center of the circle.

-Chapter 29, Tao Te Ching

So that leaves me to Gandhi(one of my rolemodels), he believes in fighting evil and promoting peace with non-violence. He was put into prison several times for holding onto his beliefs and disobeying corrupt laws that were imposed from the English to the Indian and African nations. He got many supporters without actually acting violently to make his point valid. That's how I plan to change the world Dragon: by controlling my own actions and change what I can change without dragging others to do my will. One of the ways I can change is to be true to myself, helping mother Earth that has given me everything I need to live and of course help those people that actually need of my assistance and let live those who do not. As for corruption and evil in the rest of the world there's not too much I can do besides protecting those who are affected by such things.

So yes, changing the world in the eyes of an idealist seems very nice and wonderful but in reality, it's just fictitious to think that you can change the way the whole world thinks even though your vision of a better future can be guaranteed. We just have to learn that not many want change and those who do want change are just looking to help themselves not society in general.

That's my thought on this.

Do you think that everyone who wants change is looking to help themselves?

I always live my life by Ghandiji's words.

I never tell other people how to live.
If I think the world needs more honesty, I become completely honest.
If I think the world needs more love, I give love.
If I think the world needs more compassion, I give compassion.
If I think the world needs more loyalty, I am loyal.
Etc.

That's how I live.

What do you do when you have a conflict?

I am with you here, Dragon.
I am excessively idealistic and am in no wise content with the way our human affairs are run. I am not interested in any type of revolution that involves a show of force. I'm not into people blowing up private property to prove a point and nonsense like that.

If there is going to be lasting change, it is going to come from people waking up and becoming aware of our situation--becoming aware of their chains. When the collective conscious changes, there will be lasting change.

My thought is that most people are not at luxury to be aware of the issues facing us. What we need is more fortunate people, though obviously that is impossible.

It's like my gf said just earlier this evening; "we just need another great flood."

As for my personal struggle, I just make every attempt to not worsen anything, and when possible improve things in a way which is copacetic to the majority.

At this rate, I think we'll get a great flood, but I also think that it wont change how people think and act.

I don't have the energy, or drive to change the world, on a large scale at least. I feel much more drawn to changing the world by helping people on the small scale that I know personally. I have adversion to most groups and the idea of being part of a 'cause' repells me.

Do I want the world to change? Of course, who doesn't. However, I am not the person to do that. It takes a very special and unique person to step up and make a difference. I will do my part by working "behind the scenes" if you will.

Why does being part of a cause repel you?

Do you want to improve the world?
I don't think it can be done.

The world is sacred.
It can't be improved.
If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it.
If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it.

There is a time for being ahead,
a time for being behind;
a time for being in motion,
a time for being at rest;
a time for being vigorous,
a time for being exhausted;
a time for being safe,
a time for being in danger.

The Master sees things as they are,
without trying to control them.
She lets them go their own way,
and resides at the center of the circle.

-Chapter 29, Tao Te Ching

So you're saying the world is fine as it is and we shouldn't take any action at all? That seems overly attached to the "without action" half of "action without action" or Wu Wei; it would be called Wu Wo.

Why does being part of a cause repel you?

I am very individualistic. If I am part of a group it is either on a small scale, and or I am up top from an administrative perspective, that way I know exactly what is going on, and I am in the loop with things. I truly just have an adversion to causes in general, something about them turns me off and I don't want to be part of them. I know they do good things, but it just isn't for me.