3truths 1lie | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

3truths 1lie

There's no 'philosophy subject' at Secondary level in most schools in the UK, but history is an option, so when I was choosing degrees I didn't really know that I would've preferred it.

I knew I was good at history and I knew what it was.

Ah, yeah I see what you mean. In France philosophy is (or was, I'm not sure that it is anymore) a compulsory subject in the last year of secondary school. This allowed me to see that I had an affinity for it, but still, one year was not long enough to have complete certainty, so going for a degree in philosophy seemed like a bit of a gamble at the time. (And my parents advised against it, which did have an influence.)

I wasn't very good at history by the way, and I didn't even like it in secondary school. I went for a degree in English. It's only because I transferred to the Irish system in the third year with no option other than a double honours degree that I had to take up history as well. Technically I only studied history in my third year; the head of department at the time suggested I do some catch up courses but that was somehow waived, and I did end up getting a degree in both English and history. It's kinda strange, thinking back, because I studied no history in my first year and only a couple courses in my second (Erasmus) year in Ireland. My focus was English, as I was originally expecting that I would go back to France.

Oh, and then I skipped the masters too :tearsofjoy: I'm basically a historian who hardly studied history!

I don't think that's how intuition actually works. I may be wrong, but from my experience there's a lot of indicators that I use to sense if something is true/false. For example when they speak about something, whether they're nervous /look a little suspicious etc. And if its electonical, I look at maybe that person suddenly speaking or mentioning a certain topic which they dont usually talk about. Third common indicator is looking at the likelihood of what they say or probability, then I draw my conclusions. I don't think one may simply judge what is true/false just from face value.

But anyway, I'll guess according to probability of the statement "winning in chess and even competing with professionals, yet have never lost" the probability of that being true is very low. Thus I think that is the lie,but this is not intuition it's common sense.

I would say I like your reasoning for intuition I didn't go into depth in order to prevent the dissimulation as in how to detect a lie but yes intuition is many things your idea of determining it's meaning is not incorrect.. thanks for your insight..

Ooo this is fun but I suck at lying.

1. My grandfather was nominated for the Nobel Peace prize though he never won.
2. I don't have a driver's license.
3. My guilty pleasure is the smell of gasoline.
4. I got shot by a rubber bullet last week.
Hmmm .I would suspect 2 being incorrect. Although I'm torn on the past tense of( last week )in statement 4 . Hmmmm I will have to go with 2.

Well everything else was logically consistent - a 212lbs, 6' guy with size 12 feet is difficult to find fault with.
Yeah that's a damn fine Observation.
Hmmm I'm gonna have to try something else .. I got just the thing... Thanks Deleted member 16771 I will post another one in a few..

1.) I like to listen to metal music ..

2.) I don't like to listen to pop culture music.

3.)I like to listen to the sound of silence.

4.) I don't like to listen to rap music.

There you go...┐( ∵ )┌