3truths 1lie | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

3truths 1lie

• Hello I'm doing this thread to see the ability to tell truth from lie in writing form. There are different techniques the human can figure out deception/truth.
I don't think that's how intuition actually works. I may be wrong, but from my experience there's a lot of indicators that I use to sense if something is true/false. For example when they speak about something, whether they're nervous /look a little suspicious etc. And if its electonical, I look at maybe that person suddenly speaking or mentioning a certain topic which they dont usually talk about. Third common indicator is looking at the likelihood of what they say or probability, then I draw my conclusions. I don't think one may simply judge what is true/false just from face value.

But anyway, I'll guess according to probability of the statement "winning in chess and even competing with professionals, yet have never lost" the probability of that being true is very low. Thus I think that is the lie,but this is not intuition it's common sense.

1. almost tore my pinky off, still got the scar
2. scorched my face with a shitload of fire
3. dared a cop drunk and got layed the fuck down
4. crashed going down a mountain on skateboard, still got the scar

@hithere yea i stole your template, hope you don't mind :p :innocent:

3? ^-^

Hmmm I'm not very good at this either!
Is 1 the lie?
nope.. 4 is the lie.. it was just a hill :p if you can even call it that.. but it was very steep and night time shots of absinthe no view of what was ahead.. I got dared.. still got the scar and the one from 3..

did you survive your mishaps without too much bodily harm?

Last edited:
@Ren where did you study philosophy?

I never studied philosophy academically, in a formal sense. Sometimes I tell people that I did a PhD in philosophy because it's complicated to explain what history of ideas means (and also because my thesis is very philosophical). But technically speaking, I don't have a degree in philosophy per say.

I'm entirely 'self-educated'—books, online articles etc.

I never studied philosophy academically, in a formal sense. Sometimes I tell people that I did a PhD in philosophy because it's complicated to explain what history of ideas means (and also because my thesis is very philosophical). But technically speaking, I don't have a degree in philosophy per say.

I'm entirely 'self-educated'—books, online articles etc.
Ah... That's what I thought you meant, that you never studied philosophy formally.

Do you wish you had done a degree in philosophy rather than history?

Sometimes, but more often I just wonder what I would be like these days, in terms of philosophical commitments, if I had taken that route. I don't really experience regret very often. Partly because I really like working on open monism :)

but the routes from secondary school aren't as strong.

What do you mean by this? I'm not sure I understand.