2nd dates | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

2nd dates

Exactly why? If the girl likes him she won't mind him asking her out again immediately. But she may say no if he does the whole "I must wait x number of days before I should ask." Dating games just lead to unnecessary doubt in a process where there shouldn't be any. If he likes the girl there is no harm in showing it, as long as he's not stalking her 24\7 or proposing on the 3rd date, she will probably appreciate it.

couldn't agree more

asking for a second date is largely about going with the flow of the moment.

however when in doubt 2 days before calling for a second date is sort of the default last i checked.

though the default is a safe bet when you're unsure, i would suggest trying to sense the mood on your first date.

if you had one of those rare nights with this person where you really "click" maybe getting in touch a little sooner would be fitting.

if you want to wait the 2 days and you come across them in person before hand, its cool just be yourself and relax. have fun in their company, and keep things light. let the conversation flow naturally, after all if you had a good first date and there was chemestry then the topic of a 2nd date is more likely to come up as it will be on your mind and on hers.

either way sometimes it pays to be a bit forward, just say something like "hey i was wondering if you wanted to go out again sometime next week."

oh and keep in mind to have fun with this experiance, and be yourself. its pretty amazing when you find someone genuine and its great when you find someone that knows how to value that trait in others. thats something to think about hmm :) lol

best of luck!

Like my fine feathered friend was referring to, for comfort and space reasons.

If it goes well, then yes you should definitely ask her out again.

well, to address most of the comments, yeah i think I'll ask her out again after I send her back if all goes well. esp before I leave the country for 2 months :/ couldnt have came at a worse time :/

worse still we originally planned to go out next tues but now something last min cropped up on my side and shes not sure when else shes free :( gotta wait for her reply now :/ anxiously waiting

so hopeful
you haven't had enough disappointments to jade you

so hopeful
you haven't had enough disappointments to jade you

HAHAHAH yeah man. thats true actually hahah
ahh well, thats life i suppose. already a little jaded haha

If the first date goes well, then just do it. I've never been good at all the "traditional" dating thing. I'm quirky as hell, and that just works for me. How'd you ask her for the first date? That should tell you how to ask for the second.

If she liked you enough to give you a shot, assuming all goes well, she's going to give you a second date.

If the first date goes well, then just do it. I've never been good at all the "traditional" dating thing. I'm quirky as hell, and that just works for me. How'd you ask her for the first date? That should tell you how to ask for the second.

If she liked you enough to give you a shot, assuming all goes well, she's going to give you a second date.

HGAHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats a funny story. like I said. i've known her for quite awhile and failed at asking her out b4 but theres still some feeling. she ALWAYS manages to get that out haha

anyway, I was half drunk, had about 3 hours of sleep and my brain halfway to dreamland and I smsed her asking her out for a movie HAHAHAHAHA turned off my phone and went to bed. next morn she replied asking me if i was dunk when i sent that cos she was with me when i was drinking and said yes. I laughed out loud HAHAHAHA

And she still said yes to going? Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about! And about the whole waiting thing, only do it if it is natural for you. Last time I was dating someone, I met her at a show one night, invited her over to hang out with some friends, we talked until 3am, I got her number somewhere in the night, and as soon as she left I sent her a text that said "Screw waiting, I want to keep talking with you." and it worked. It's pretty trite to say, but just be you and it will probably work out alright.

Reactions: Bird
And she still said yes to going? Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about! And about the whole waiting thing, only do it if it is natural for you. Last time I was dating someone, I met her at a show one night, invited her over to hang out with some friends, we talked until 3am, I got her number somewhere in the night, and as soon as she left I sent her a text that said "Screw waiting, I want to keep talking with you." and it worked. It's pretty trite to say, but just be you and it will probably work out alright.

Okay, this is probably the best advice.

Figure it out by yourself.