2nd Amendment - what's the point? | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

2nd Amendment - what's the point?

I consider myself moderate on the issue. Everyone I know who owns a gun (or guns) is responsible about owning them. There have been no incidents that I am aware of with them that would give me pause.

Of course there was this friend of mine's dad, who was a retired DC judge and Green Beret veteran who came down with dementia in his seventies and died in a shoot out with the police.

I consider myself moderate on the issue. Everyone I know who owns a gun (or guns) is responsible about owning them. There have been no incidents that I am aware of with them that would give me pause.

I can't count the number of times I've seen someone say this. It's never good enough though.

Why is it necessary to think something? Is it not sufficient to know?

I think it is interesting how the human organism knows things until it thinks.

I think it is interesting how the human organism knows things until it thinks.

A fine observation.

Find any good answers to your initial inquiry amongst these eight pages?

Reactions: the
A fine observation.

Find any good answers to your initial inquiry amongst these eight pages?

no, however I'm convinced there is some nuance that I am unable to communicate here....

no, however I'm convinced there is some nuance that I am unable to communicate here....

You clarified it in that post where you mentioned shooting politicians, I think.

At this point, though, I do believe this has simply turned into "The Gun Thread."

Most coups have inner governmental aid, both homegrown and from afar.

it comes down to responsibility. not enough people want to be responsible anymore though it seems.

How much is enough. Someone sick enough to murder people somewhere they are gathered should not be in public. He should be somewhere he can live out his fantasy world(hospital/alone time in jail). As long as I don't infringe on the rights of others, am I responsible?

Reactions: Siimplicity
I hope and pray nobody reading this ever needs to be insulted. As a responsible gun owner, I feel insulted thinking an almost entire generation can be brainwashed.

Reading these thoughts disgusts me. Look at what they've done, Olly! One out of how many responsible gun owners did something stupid today. One out of how many drivers did something stupid today. One out of how many victims has it out for them all?

I hope and pray nobody reading this ever needs to be insulted. As a responsible gun owner, I feel insulted thinking an almost entire generation can be brainwashed.

Reading these thoughts disgusts me. Look at what they've done, Olly! One out of how many responsible gun owners did something stupid today. One out of how many drivers did something stupid today. One out of how many victims has it out for them all?

How, exactly, is your disgust serving you good sir?

How, exactly, is your disgust serving you good sir?

How do you feel when kids trample on insects and laugh about it?

Interesting comparison. I will leave you to your feelings. You are free to feel whatever you like - please try to be civil though, and not make a vague generalization insulting an entire generation.

I know that you strongly feel what you believe in, but we can still be respectful.

Being embarrassingly indignant isn't constructive or helpful in the slightest.

Using the concern for the lives and well-being of others to dismiss the same feelings towards other's arguments is just gross hypocrisy and negligence. You can make a better effort than that.

The only post on this stupid thread worth reading.

This says a lot about your own posts. Thanks for not participating.

This says a lot about your own posts. Thanks for not participating.

Says nothing about my posts, and you just revealed that you love to talk about the man and not the issue. This wouldn't be the first time you've tried to evaluate my posts in a statement which, quite frankly, clutches at thin straws. I am not participating in a shit-throwing festival.

Says nothing about my posts, and you just revealed that you love to talk about the man and not the issue. This wouldn't be the first time you've tried to evaluate my posts in a statement which, quite frankly, clutches at thin straws. I am not participating in a shit-throwing festival.

You literally just "threw shit" at everyone in this thread except for Pleiades.

You clarified it in that post where you mentioned shooting politicians, I think.

At this point, though, I do believe this has simply turned into "The Gun Thread."

That's fine, they've been programmed to only speak about one aspect when the words "second amendment" are invoked. They can't grasp the concept that the 2nd Am. was put in place to remove a corrupt government yet you will be imprisoned for exercising that right - those things are mutually exclusive. And then how do you remedy this problem? I'm not sure they see it as a problem though.

Reactions: hush
The only post on this stupid thread worth reading.

You just spoke about every person in this thread with one swipe of your broad brush, instead of speaking on the issue. Try again.