10 Unlikely Signs Your Relationship Is Normal- how do you idealists respond to this? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

10 Unlikely Signs Your Relationship Is Normal- how do you idealists respond to this?

I would agree with most of what you have quoted above. But when a person is mature enough to realize that love is a "decision" that is made to love the person that they are with, in order to make it work, they will need to find the "right" person that has realized these things too and is willing to work at it just as hard as they are. There's no "I" in teamwork :)

Agreed 100%. I think more often than not; especially at my stage in life, relationships fail for this reason. People grow and mature at different levels. It doesn't make them bad or wrong, it just is different but it can cause a relationship to fail. For example; I might be too boring for a lot of girls my age just because I don't like going out and doing things all the time. I like my life simple and comfortable and from my experience thus far, girls my age want a little more excitement. I don't see anything wrong with that either, it's just not me. They want adventure while they are still young enough to experience it. So naturally we are a little bit at different and it could be argued that they are more mature than I am because of this. So it varies.

Last edited:
You know, I absolutely hate articles like this. They remind me of the sort of trash you'd read in a Cosmo magazine that 'standardizes' what you should do in the bedroom or in a relationship. Oh honey, you caught me reading your private emails? Don't get upset. This is what normal couples do. A breach of trust like this is perfectly common, no matter what you think. Look, Cosmo says so!

A relationship is between two individuals and you can't throw a blanket 'normal' over everything just because something is common. What you do and what you expect from a relationship shouldn't be compared to what everyone else does. If you personally think its fine, then okay. But if you don't, you shouldn't be made to feel like you're somehow abnormal or that you have higher expectations than anyone else.

You know, I absolutely hate articles like this. They remind me of the sort of trash you'd read in a Cosmo magazine that 'standardizes' what you should do in the bedroom or in a relationship. Oh honey, you caught me reading your private emails? Don't get upset. This is what normal couples do. A breach of trust like this is perfectly common, no matter what you think. Look, Cosmo says so!

Pretty much.

Most of the time these people are just under pressure to come up with a fluff piece to fill some space and the easiest way to do it is one of these always-so-popular 'rules' lists. For some reason, there's something about lists that makes people seem more like experts.

The worst ones are the 'top ten reasons you should never date anyone/break up with your boyfriend right NOW' lists-- I'm convinced one of the reasons they're so popular is because insecure guys like me just can't resist the masochistic thrill of reading them and feeling inadequate before getting outraged.