Zombie apocalypse! | INFJ Forum

Zombie apocalypse!

dogman6126

Community Member
May 9, 2014
MBTI
ENFJ-wasINFJ
Ok, so here's a thought experiment. A zombie apocalypse has started. We are talking about Dawn of the Dead style zombies. Generally slow, but can run. Can be killed fairly easily. Headshot or multiple shots until you knick something critical. No extraordinary hearing or smell, but attracted by sounds or smells of interest. Generally travels in packs. Assume that the military cannot be relied upon to save you, however don't assume that the military is out of operation.
Please base all responses appropriate to your unique circumstances. And I would also suggest that anyone else try to throw wrenches in each other's plans. Who here would survive?

Lets make the start be that you hear someone/something banging on your door at around 7:00 p.m. your time. You go to the door, but don't open it because you realize what it is. What do you do. Go :pop2:

Last edited:
Imaginary zombie targets. Hmmmm.

Last edited:
I will do a quick first part, but then I got to go to bed.

Ok so it's banging on my door. I live basically in the middle of no where, so there would not be many. At most, it would be 10 zombies, and that's if all of them in our area was at my house. Therefore, it's more likely it would be 2 or 3 around my house. First I would grab the gun my dad just bought (it's a bullpup rifle, so fun to shoot :D ) and secure my house (lock doors, put chairs in front of doors that are easier to break, etc. Then I would call people to warn them and see whose ok. My parents and I (three of us), two would stay in the house to make sure it stays secure, while either me or my dad goes on the roof (probably my dad) with his scoped AR to eliminate all threats. With the immediate threat gone, we start working on the next step....

That's all I'll say for now :). Tomorrow, I will talk about the next stage, which is gathering close friends or family in the area as well as fortifying my house......

I live in an apartment complex on the 4th floor, so escape without helicopter support is not possible. So I would first bar my door, then go to my computer, and check for internet. If it's still on, I would find other survivors in the area and plead for their rescue. Given that the skills I have to contribute are psychological support for other survivors, chances that people with guns would prioritize my survival seems slim. then again, this is Portland OR, so I may have a chance. From there, I would go with what the people with guns tell me to do (without disregarding my morals), and do the best I can for the community.

If the internet fails, I would grab my HAM radio receiver, and scan for chatter on that. however, I would have no ability to reply, so I could only hope that something good happens very nearby. I know that I could manage roof access with relative ease (relative here means figuring out how to break a pad lock), and so that would be my best escape route. Otherwise, I'm sprinting for somewhere.

What a fun scenario. It's a little different for me at the moment than for most on here. Here goes~

I am with the military and in Europe. I would have to watch out for my windows. There's like four windows and I now live in the first floor. The door however is metal and I doubt any zombies could break it down. The walls are really hard too. It's not America XD
I have the option of barricading myself inside if I can find some boards and nails. I have a huge duffel bag of food that won't parish. This is if the base is already overrun.

Otherwise I would have to go to work and kill some zombies with an m16... Though assuming this is sudden and the military is taken by total surprise... We are a small and remote non combat oriented base. I would meet up with my most trusted friend who lives down the street. We would take the food, boxes of MREs, medical supplies, weapons, etc and find a safe place to stay. I would add we'd go and rescue the girl I love, but it's 45 minutes away... And it's completely over between us. I guess I might still go save her if I can get in touch with her and she wants me to save her. Gosh I'm such a doormat XD

Me and my friend would eventually have to venture out and see what is left of the world. Learn if our families are still alive on the other side of the world. Now we are on the current season of the "Walking Dead Germany."

Stuck in Europe during the zombie apocalypse we have the option of driving to a bigger base and seeing how conditions are there but we aren't exactly obligated. Our command doesn't extend that far and there's no orders specifying we should go and support another base if ours has fallen in this unprecedented situation.

We probably would drive to the much more secure special forces base and seek sanctuary there. But who knows. There's just so many options! Maybe I'd meet some awesome girl along the way and swear to protect her with my life? Or maybe my friend would get killed while trying to protect me from the zombies and I'd be left on my own 0_o

I might add more to this if my imagination allows~

Will people shun me if I say, zombies are REAL? But in the drug induce version kind-of-people. XP

I'm having a go.

First, I'll go to the kitchen drawer and make myself armed. Check everyone's safe. Make sure I'm wearing bubble wraps (has anyone bitten throw them?). I'd also check online if there was a safe evacuation place where we all surviving human should go, or where is the nearest military base is. Also, I should check if my good friends are alright, so I'd make an operation myself or with a companion I can count on and go through the neighbourhood discreetly (if it isn't infested with zombies already (which I should've known from observing at the roof)) and rescue as many friends and families I can (or probably just the ones I really like). I might to do well with a yacht too. I think I should also teach some people to defend themselves (but Im afraid I'm too lazy), so I think I should grab some artillery. Or maybe I should experiment a zombie! Keep one and observe how they response to things and how I can go through a crowd without them noticing. Okay, I'm dead already. Unless I'm a good improvisor (which I am) and at the same time WILL stick to a plan (it's only sometimes) I'll be fine and lucky out of it all.

Game over.

Ok, so here's a thought experiment. A zombie apocalypse has started. We are talking about Dawn of the Dead style zombies. Generally slow, but can run. Can be killed fairly easily. Headshot or multiple shots until you knick something critical. No extraordinary hearing or smell, but attracted by sounds or smells of interest. Generally travels in packs. Assume that the military cannot be relied upon to save you, however don't assume that the military is out of operation.
Please base all responses appropriate to your unique circumstances. And I would also suggest that anyone else try to throw wrenches in each other's plans. Who here would survive?

Lets make the start be that you hear someone/something banging on your door at around 7:00 p.m. your time. You go to the door, but don't open it because you realize what it is. What do you do. Go :pop2:

first of all hell yes! *cough* I mean ok fun topic...

I put on multiple layers of clothes, and gloves that I know will stop a bite.
I call my brother on his mobile phone and ask him how things are on his end and synchronize plans whilst I continue prepping on mine. And turn on my TV to CNN and RT on my PC (both are always on at this time) and my radio to the emergency channel to get a grip on the scale of things, if CNN is broadcasting BS as always, its more confirmation its just hours old. The fact I'm hearing of it by a zombie banging on my door though means it started in my street.

Grab what I need to dispatch some Z's, put on my BoB, quickly check how many boogies are outside (Cant be many) and leave for my BoL using whatever mote of transportation I deem safest in my situation.
I won't play hero. I won't stop. I won't go check in on my family. Nor would I help people along the way. I'll go straight to my BoL. Once there, Depending on what the global situation is, I will adjust my plans from there though every eventuality has already been considered and planned out. As soon as panic somewhat subsides cause most people r dead and before groups decide to go raiding, I'll clear out nearby resources that would be useful in addition to the resources I already have.

Ofc. plans all vary depending on who and how many make it to the BoL. Every hour survived though is an increase in survival chances.

-------------
Dogman
------------

A bunch of thugs, 6 of them, come to your house on day 1, they saw and heard your dad shooting Z's, you made yourselves a target for quick looting. they drive a truck un-announced straight into your living room at 4 AM everyone is still asleep. Thugs get out, don't even bother to close the car doors and rush up the stairs to blitz you. You and yours wake up from the noise. You only realize you hear car doors opening.You have not realized your perimeter is breached by the loud noise. You're slightly dazed from the sudden wake up. You realize there's multiple people running up the stairs by the time they're halfway up. The thugs are all upstairs within 60 seconds and kick down doors without waiting for each other They're already grouped.. their goal is to take whatever they want. they will not hesitate to kill and are armed to the teeth. Their fingers are already on the triggers. ;P

Before you make the argument that no1 would attack this way. If I was a raider in america, where people got wooden homes this is how i'd do it on Z-Day. I'd also do it this early on as a thug. People would likely still be dealing with the horrors of the walking corpses banging on their doors and the panicked phone calls and stories from family and friends. Day1 early morning is perfect for a raid.

Last edited:
Something is banging at my door? I shoot the shotgun through the door and then answer it.