Zeitgeist the movie

Candice_XX

Regular Poster
Dec 27, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
<3
Yesterday I saw a movie called "Zeitgeist: moving forward". It is the third release of a documentary-like series about religion, economy and politics. The people behind this are a group of scientists proposing alternatives to our way of living.
To the point:
Some time before there was a trailer on Greek TV about the movie, displayed on a highly viewed night show. At some point it was mentioned that the people relating to this movement thanked the producers of the show because the movie is usually deprived from mass media.

I am just wondering on the intrusion of independent productions. Since this forum is somehow global, have you ever heard about this movie? Is there a public opinion from your country about this movie? Do you have any comments?

Thank you!

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Hi Candace,

I watched the first film in the series about three years ago but haven't seen the rest of them yet. I don't know if many people around here are aware of the film or the impact it could have. I don't ever hear about it from other people around me, so I don't think it's an issue. Maybe down in the USA it has more fuel behind it, but here people are usually blissfully ignorant because we have it really easy.

Thanks for the reply. No I did not want to comment on ignorance, but I just wanted to check and confirm that our televisions are completely different. I want to get an idea of what is/what is not promoted up there!

I have seen the original Zeitgeist about 6 months ago. NOBODY I know had even heard of it except one friend in the military. It gets no media coverage here, which when you watch it, its like duhhh of course not. I wish very much it did, it really changed the way I think about a lot of things. And it really made me sad, because as much as parts of the world hate America, 99% of people here have no idea what's going on. It's complete ignorance, so I hope people are more tolerant of the unknowing citizens. I recently sent it to my college professor and have shared it with my friends and some family members. I really hope it gains more momentum. Nothing will change if nobody knows about it. :(

What is really great is the relief I felt about having student loans. The idea of having debt just ate at me, and now its like meh, okay. It has made me place much less emphasis on money, which I was raised to do. That's been pretty sweet :)

I saw the first video several years ago.

I found Zeitgeist online due to the that I watch a plethora of documentaries. Once I watched Orwell Rolls in His Grave I tended to see conspiracy documentaries everywhere. There is a name for that somewhere.

Since I studied philosophy in graduate school I have met many people who have watched it. I've met few people on the extremes, i.e. people who believe EVERYTHING it says or NOTHING it presents. Most people I know, including myself, appreciate the research and the attempt to share non-mainstream information with the masses.

chamomille said:
What is really great is the relief I felt about having student loans. The idea of having debt just ate at me, and now its like meh, okay. It has made me place much less emphasis on money, which I was raised to do. That's been pretty sweet :)

Haha yeah don't worry about money. I bet my whole fortune that at some point in the future they will be completely useless :)

[MENTION=3767]Jungian Trip[/MENTION] . Yes, you are right. In Greece people are prone to conspiracy theories, I do not like that. But on the other hand there are people specially in the west that can not have second thoughts and challenge anything. There's difference from being mad to being canny.
I have seen a documentary once about history, it said that we read history through "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" view. For example: Greece is a good country, The Ottoman Empire is the bad oppressor and the other ugly countries did not help our good cause without profit (giving loans). Macedonia is a victim country, Greece is a stubborn neighbour and the United Nations are all corrupted and do nothing about. And the USA is the greatest country in the world, communists/Muslims are a threat and people who try to project bad qualities on the foundations of the country are retarded. None of these sentences is true.
When I try to apply it in every occasion it is amazing what I do see, it helps me distinguish the conspiracy theories from the real conspiracies!

One other comment I can make is that accepting or rejecting everything is not necessarily an extreme, that depends on the content! Generally and philosophically speaking, there are absolute assumptions in every mind. The middle is not always correct. And I recall that there is a phrase you cannot escape "all in good measure" but if you follow it you 'll have to reject it sometimes.

Reactions: Chamomile