Your views on CHRISTMAS | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Your views on CHRISTMAS

[MENTION=731]the[/MENTION]
Moreover trees and lights and Santa Claus and presents have nothing to do with Jesus at all. You don't need those to believe Jesus was born, but you can have them and yet NOT believe Jesus was born. Christmas tradition is a nonsensical mishmash of random sensational stuff, a lot of it pagan to begin with. When I say Christmas, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about Jesus birthday which is a separate idea to me.

I hate it when people say,"Why don't you like Christmas, it's Jesus' birthday!" Like that's the dumbest shit I have EVER heard!

SOME INFO FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Other Pagan Mumbo-Jumbo/christmas.htm

Christmas lights are to people as laser pointers are to derpy cats apparently.

Edit: there's two things I never understood since childhood. Fireworks and Christmas lights. I've been dragged out to see both many times and I never really liked it. But that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that I'm apparently not allowed to not like them. That there's some kind of wrong with me if I don't. That pisses me off and makes me not like them even more out of spite.

You're working with multi-colored fire and explosions how can you not like fireworks, it's like getting to direct your own Micheal Bay flick.

I hate it when people say,"Why don't you like Christmas, it's Jesus' birthday!" Like that's the dumbest shit I have EVER heard!

SOME INFO FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Other Pagan Mumbo-Jumbo/christmas.htm

That was really hard to read, it hurt honestly, but it lost all of it's credibility when it referenced Jeremiah 10. The kind of biblical eisegesis that turns a verse about the Asherah Pole(here's a couple of images for you) into a Christmas tree, that's the very definition of reading your own bias into the text.

Edit: after looking into that website I'm either sure that it's a joke site or that the if the creator of it really does believe what it spews, then he's batshit crazy.

Last edited: