your ultimate bedroom

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
what is your fantasy bedroom like?

mine would have a big bed with the most comfortable mattress, queen size cause i am a big queen, with a headboard that i could comfortably lean my head back against if i were sitting up in bed, and a foot that i could throw my clothes over if i wanted to. it would be made out of timber because i like polished timber and also the floors would be polished timber boards with a couple of nice mats. bedside tables with chrome art deco lamps or something like that on them. i'd have one of those sofas at the end of my bed that is so fancy that it's got a special name for just exactly what type of sofa it is. there'd be a big bright window but with heavy drapes or blinds that i could shut out the sun if i wanted to sleep in and it would be one of those windows with seats in it. my linens would all be different shades of white with different textures on them. i'd have a walk in wardrobe with a dressing table in it and at the other end of the wardrobe i'd have my ensuite with a bathtub in it, and the bathtub would have spa jets. my ensuite would all be white tiles. i'd have a stereo in my bathroom so i could listen to music or the radio when i was taking a bath or shaving. in the cupboard under the basin or behind the mirror (depending on what type of basin and mirror i decided to have) i'd have power points so i could charge my shaver or toothbrush when i wanted to without having to look at a million power cords running all over the place.

what would yours be like, post pictures you find on the internet if you feel like it.

and ps i'd have electric blankets cause they're so cosy!

but btw of course don't be limited by my tame vision. have your fantasy bedroom on a raft in the middle of the ocean if you want. i'm interested in what people think up.

I'd have a room whose walls are lined with dust-proof bookshelves.

build-inwall-unit-800x800.jpg*

It'd have a sitting area for studying languages (preferably with one of those awesome circle-chairs which feels like a nest when you're all snug inside),

394289_90_papsan_otto_cushion.jpg*

and windows with widely-spaced shelves in them, all of which faced the morning sun, so that I could put plants on them.

Soft-Lite_Garden_Vue_Window.jpg*

Hardwood floors, or jute rugs- maybe both, but in different areas?

I'd keep the bed I have now- it's a fantastic bed and I like it a lot.

vintagebedroombooks.jpg*

And that's about it, really.

*(A note: All of these pictures were shamelessly pulled from a google images search. None of them are mine.)

A clearing in the middle of a forest with only sky and verdant canopies as my ceiling. <3 Hey, you said "fantasy." :3

A_Clearing_by_owen_c.jpg

[MENTION=4672]udremeei[/MENTION]

Books! Ah, if I could just have a room entirely composed of books (well, I guess that'd be a library). But even more than a library! Books upon books! Walls composed of books! A place filled with vast quantities of tomes where my imagination could run wild. Kinda like this:
library_of_everythink_by_a_human_works.jpg

I also love windowsills I can sit on, so one of those would be lovely

Domain_of_the_lost_souls_by_TheTragicTruth_Of_Me.jpg

The artwork/photography being by the spiffy deviantart artists owen-c, TheTragicTruth-Of-Me, and a-human-works, FYI (I love giving shout-outs to artists, writers, etc. whenevs I can, peeps don't get enough recognition these days).

Reactions: udremeei
I love the idea of having a windowsill to sit in. I should edit my post to add that, huh?

And also, re: you image with the 'books upon books!'- you think you'd be able to find everything in there? :D I'm so scatterbrained that a setup like that would be fun at first and then really irritating later.

I loved your idea with the open-canopy thing. ...To be able to see the stars at night like that, *sigh*...

And also, re: you image with the 'books upon books!'- you think you'd be able to find everything in there? :D I'm so scatterbrained that a setup like that would be fun at first and then really irritating later.

The more pandemonium the better. Just think of it as... *cough* organized chaos. :bounce:

Plus, much of whatcha see in the pic are the worlds in the books coming alive through her imagination, so the majority of that chaos would be (somewhat) safely stored in my noggin. Hooo, it's a mess up in there. :m187:

free-spirit-sphere-eryn-2.jpg

free-spirit-sphere-tree-house.jpg

I think these are somewhere in B.C. I like how they're off the ground, so there's less chance of being attacked by a niffer.

View attachment 8535

View attachment 8536

I think these are somewhere in B.C. I like how they're off the ground, so there's less chance of being attacked by a niffer.

I saw that house in something or another I watched somewhere or another! Had other similar ones in it, too. I'd forgotten about it, omgolly, that would be the perfect place to live. Wish I could move into one right now. <3 <3 <3

You're never safe from a niffer. No matter how much you sacrifice to save your skin, no matter how far, nor fast you run, or how skillfully you hide, a [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] will find you. *nods solemnly*

Reactions: Sloe Djinn
hush, Black Sheep: Have either of you ever heard of Tumbleweed houses?

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/lusby/

O_O O.M.F.G. I could get drunk on my own porch anywhere I can drive! *drops out of school within seconds of reading this*

"What's that? I'm not in my car OCCIFUR! I'm minding my own business in the privacy of my home, which just so happens to be on the shoulder of this interstate, and I'll thank you to get off my property!"

Reactions: hush
bedroom-designs-feng-shui-technique.jpg

Ray-Kappe-Luxury-Bedroom-Design.jpg
although the large bed platform would be annoying to bump my shins into - would have to change that

bed,books,bookshelves,interior,design,lyf,with,books,bedroom-9cded7d55d2f0f276e256897faecc67a_h.jpg

this one for the fact that I love books and art

and the ones below for the view i want from my bedroom, which is Monterrey!!!
Monterrey.jpg
silla.jpg

monterrey%20mexico%20copy.ashx

Last edited:
Reactions: Nixie
Bear fur everything.

...a happy, well wife.

Indoor atrium with mature pine trees, birch and sea-pool with phosphorescent fish.