Your perceptions/experiences of INTJ's | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your perceptions/experiences of INTJ's

That's what makes you INFJ :)

I would like to know how you come to the conclusion that INTJs are sociopaths. I'm interested how you're INTP reasoning works here.

Hahaha, we don't know EVERYTHING, though some INTJ's might like you to believe so. An INTJ is usually VERY knowledgeable about a very narrow focus of things, ask one about something which isn't their field and if they're being honest, they'll tell you they haven't got a clue most likely.

So, INFJ's consider what they feel to be what they know? Interesting, similar to how an INTJ considers what they think to be what they know.

Yes... they are VERY knowledgeable about what they know...and I respect that aspect of them. The problem comes in when they don't respect any one else's knowledge EVEN if the INTJ knows very little about it. It's as if they don't trust anyone with knowledge at all - unless they knew it/thought of it first. You can tell them the sky is blue...but until they verify for themselves the sky is blue...they won't trust you.

Which is interesting....because as you say...INTJ's do use their intuition....their gut feeling to arrive at the brilliant conclusions they draw. Yet you could never tell them they do. You're the first I've ever met who recognized the ability and it's quite exciting to see in an INTJ. :)

Yes...INFJs "feel" what they know. It's more of a "knowing" rather than a feeling, though. [shrugs] We use a lot of senses to pull in data including sensing emotions in other people in our assessment of any situation or system.

Although to be fair I have been known to be quite stubborn and insistent on what I know.
Hahahahaha.... it takes one to know one - eh?

[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] assuming I can claim t be an intj I would say thats accurate. I wouldnt trust someone else because I couldnt be sure they thought about something the right way taking into consideration all aspects of facets or the questioned thing. However if I came to know the person and saw that they thought correctly about things as I do, I would be more willing to consider the possibility their judgment did not need to be questioned all the time.

Reactions: Kgal
[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] assuming I can claim t be an intj I would say thats accurate. I wouldnt trust someone else because I couldnt be sure they thought about something the right way taking into consideration all aspects of facets or the questioned thing. However if I came to know the person and saw that they thought correctly about things as I do, I would be more willing to consider the possibility their judgment did not need to be questioned all the time.
I suspect it's important to note the difference between desiring more information than a persons word on the topic, and actively disputing other peoples perspectives constantly even when you don't know. Usually when I am not sure on a topic, and someone sounds like they might know, I usually say I have no knowledge on the topic so I can't comment one way or the other. However this is not to mean I can't give an opinion based on other information (philosophy/psychology reasoning if applicable) if they so ask.
This coming from an INFJ with a developed Ti secondary function. ;)
Is this what you mean by your statement?

I love INTJs. They're infinitely fascinating, especially when you can tap the wellsprings of their minds. Perhaps a tad frigid in regards to human emotion at times, but that's okay. They mean well.

Sorry for any crass generalisations; just relating my experience!

I belong to a networking group that has an older gentleman who I am sure is an INTJ. Him and I get along great. We seem to have a 'meeting of the minds' quite often and understand things in a way that seems to go over the other people in the group's heads. He's quite funny in a very dry way and very very smart. He does come off in a somewhat condescending way as the only one that 'actually knows what's going on'. I don't mind that at all because he does it in a funny way and he usually does know more than the others. He's a pretty good guy and has helped out a lot of people that I know including myself. At the same time nobody would describe as having a 'warm' personality.

im not very good at typing people but there is a man in one of my classes who i think is an intj. i find that his intelligence is sharp, penetrating, and discriminating, and that he has a sense of humour to match. he has worked extensively in IT and i get the feeling that he relates to computers much better than he does to people. he presents a cold and robotic persona that i think some people in the class find overwhelmingly offputting, but i can tell that he is in many ways a sensitive and thoughtful individual.

Reactions: cvp12gh5
[video=youtube;uEcx-S69bWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEcx-S69bWE[/video]

just for lulz

Reactions: Tin Man
The one confirmed INTJ I know, I worked with for the last year and a half in the same watch section so we spent 48 hours a week with eachother. We got along great and are fb friends so we can keep in touch. We often ended up in very deep abstract conversations that the other people we worked with either didn't care about or could not comprehend. I really enjoyed the fact that he was as straight forward and blunt as I tend to be. He also had very remarkable insights into human interaction and society at large. He does come off as cold and distant to some extent emotionally but has great social skills and a great sense of humor. He doesn't let many people get close to him. I suppose we are the same in that regard. I was the only person in our command he ever invited over to his home to meet his wife and kids. That was about two weeks before he left to go overseas. So it kind of tells you how protective he is over his family. He is a great guy and an awesome friend.

Reactions: Kgal
My best friend is an INTJ. I was actually mistyped as INTJ for a long time and it was the contrast in our thinking and behavior that clued me in to that.

I honestly can't stand him a lot of the time. He can be so condescending and rude. And yet, I still call him when I need to talk. I don't really get it.

I don't know if this is a type thing or just him, but I am way more tolerant of other people's opinions, even if they are *cough* uninformed. I try to respect people and see where they are coming from. He is completely intolerant of ignorance. I just try to understand it.

I appreciate his analysis of everything, his deep thinking. Sometimes I enjoy talking about random philosophical things, but usually I'm trying to work when he wants to have a deep conversation about the state of the world and we both end up annoyed. He also has a tendency to go on the attack when annoyed or grumpy, and I take that sort of thing personally. I would never say hurtful things to people (on purpose - although I apparently do so without realizing sometimes) when angry.

That's all I have, I'm not sure I know any other INTJs well.

My best friend is an INTJ. I was actually mistyped as INTJ for a long time and it was the contrast in our thinking and behavior that clued me in to that.

I honestly can't stand him a lot of the time. He can be so condescending and rude. And yet, I still call him when I need to talk. I don't really get it.

I don't know if this is a type thing or just him, but I am way more tolerant of other people's opinions, even if they are *cough* uninformed. I try to respect people and see where they are coming from. He is completely intolerant of ignorance. I just try to understand it.

I appreciate his analysis of everything, his deep thinking. Sometimes I enjoy talking about random philosophical things, but usually I'm trying to work when he wants to have a deep conversation about the state of the world and we both end up annoyed. He also has a tendency to go on the attack when annoyed or grumpy, and I take that sort of thing personally. I would never say hurtful things to people (on purpose - although I apparently do so without realizing sometimes) when angry.

That's all I have, I'm not sure I know any other INTJs well.

That's a touching story, my experience is actually pretty similar, as you can obviously hear am saying that I relate lemme know if you interested in what sense?