Your Past Lives | INFJ Forum

Your Past Lives

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
Do you believe in past lives?

If so, which gender were you more often?

What are some of the places and times that you lived?

What kind of people have you been?

Do you have any other clear memories or impressions?

If you have any past life memories or impressions, what is your earliest?

Have you ever met someone in this life that you remember from a past life?

Reactions: Kmal
Do you believe in past lives?

I'm still not convinced, am inclined to not believe in them, but I've had some rather overwhelming experiences.

If so, which gender were you more often?

If there is such a thing as past lives, I was female much more often than male. It has been difficult for me to be male, and having to adapt to the gender expectations has made me bitter. Most of my friends are female, and I understand them much better than my male friends. And yes, I'm heterosexual in case anyone was wondering, though I've often felt androgynous, or even like a lesbian in a male body. Unfortunately, the world won't let me simply be who I am and meet my expectations/needs at the same time.

What are some of the places and times that you lived?

If the impressions and memories that I've had are real, then there are a lot of them. This is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to past lives. If this is real and not some associative effect from being empathic and picking up on perhaps psychometric vibes and the memories contained in places or things, then I am a very old soul.

What kind of people have you been?

Very few of my memories were clear enough to make an assumption based on anything other than my associations.

Do you have any other clear memories or impressions?

I've had some that were terribly vivid. Quick impressions, scenes, memories. Most of them are a flood of memories that hit me when I'm introduced to something. For example, the first time I ever touched a 'real' samurai sword (that dated to the late 1600s in Japan and had seen combat) I got a flood of very detailed memories about the period and culture that I later found out to be very accurate. Past life? Psychometry? Some sort of quantum something or other? Who knows?

I also have some memories of being a jazz musician in the 1930s or something. I get scenes from a house I have never visted in this life and a perspective that I don't currently have - when I hear certain pieces of music. They are vivid, and this is odd.

If you have any past life memories or impressions, what is your earliest?

As best as I can tell, the earliest is Minoan. I had clear memories of being there before I ever knew such a place existed, or had ever seen the architecture, etc.

Have you ever met someone in this life that you remember from a past life?

I have several friends who seem like I'd known them very intimately before I ever met them.

However, I have one friend who whenever we touch each other, I often get these very clear images of being an English woman somewhere between the 1600s and 1800s, and her being this man named Robert. One night it hit so strong that I started talking with this woman's voice as if I were her talking to this Robert guy, and my friend freaked out because hearing that voice sparked a memory of being that guy and being with the woman I was. He was a bastard, by the way, and I ended up hating him. Assuming this is true and not some sort of wierd psychological side effect from who knows what.

that's insane. i was JUST gonna post this thread earlier because I feel them so often and enjoy the feeling.

i remember a couple of places that i think i was at: i get the feeling one was in seattle area, one was in the town i grew up in in my current life, and one was where i'm at currently near the swamps in louisiana, or mississippi. there are others of which i have no idea where they were at. very, very interesting however.

i think i was a similar person i am now. i get these visions, that are not from this life, but they're like memories, and its a different vista of life (you get me?)-- a different perspective, i suppose. it seems so grandiose, from my current seat. i must meditate on this more, because this is an amazing synchronicity.

I believe very much in them. . I hav a very vivid memory of being killed in WWII. . was on a sandy hill. . with sparse grasses blowing in the wind. close to a beach head. some island in the Pacific. . .I was coming over a hill and was shot just as I reached the top. .

that's insane. i was JUST gonna post this thread earlier because I feel them so often and enjoy the feeling.

i must meditate on this more, because this is an amazing synchronicity.

This is one of the reasons why I'm more inclined to think there is no such thing as past lives so much as psychic phenomena of being connected to everyone else.

Like, it's not past lives we're seeing, but just lives, and since we're all connected, sometimes those are vivid, but because we're all unique, sometimes we align more with some energies than others.

I suppose the end result is the same though.

Last edited:
@VH i think the spirit, or soul, is eternal. i'm not even sure what that is-- the collective unconscious? collective conscious? the connection to everyone you mentioned is what it is, i think. i think the connection to everyone else, though, spans through time, past, present, and future-- the infinity mystics speak about.

I don't really know the nature of these connections, but I do know that in my studies over the years I have run across historical material that seems to resonate so very deeply and seems so inwardly familar that I feel almost tethered to these situations, people, cultures in some way. It is very strong. I just enjoy the connection and use everything it gives me to enrich my life today.

I don't really know the nature of these connections, but I do know that in my studies over the years I have run across historical material that seems to resonate so very deeply and seems so inwardly familar that I feel almost tethered to these situations, people, cultures in some way. It is very strong. I just enjoy the connection and use everything it gives me to enrich my life today.

I have this in both directions. Some of these resonate deeply in a good way and some make me unnaturally uncomfortable just thinking about them.

yeah, i have some fleeting memories of being absolutely euphoric, through natural means (strong distinction there). it's almost like chasing the dragon.

I have this in both directions. Some of these resonate deeply in a good way and some make me unnaturally uncomfortable just thinking about them.
That is very interesting...I had not considered this!

Everything I have experienced of this nature has been very good and ennobling.

I believe very much in them. . I hav a very vivid memory of being killed in WWII. . was on a sandy hill. . with sparse grasses blowing in the wind. close to a beach head. some island in the Pacific. . .I was coming over a hill and was shot just as I reached the top. .

I dreamed once I was part of the D-Day Invasion on Omaha Beach... I ran to the top of one of the hills through a hole in the barbed wire. Then two German soldiers got me coming up from the horizon. I think they came from the trenches. I remember falling or something, and then one of them stabbed me in the stomach with his bayonet.