Your Meditation Experiences | INFJ Forum

Your Meditation Experiences

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
I know that there are some here who meditate.

Please share some of the notable experiences you've had while meditating. What sorts of things surface from your mind and body into your consciousness? How has practicing meditation changed you? Have you ever gone on a retreat for meditation?

It's something that I've just started recently out of recommendation by my counselor. Most of the time when I do it, I feel a lot of pressure inside that seems like it wants to burst out, and I feel the need to cry. I cry and wish that I could be hugged. Or, I get extremely horny. Sometimes both simultanously. Sometimes I feel like singing. Those are the major reocurring feelings that I seem to be having.

Well, I've never tried actually... but I've heard mostly good things. Sorry for the off topic question, I'm just a bit curious...How long does "meditating" usually take?

Well, I've never tried actually... but I've heard mostly good things. Sorry for the off topic question, I'm just a bit curious...How long does "meditating" usually take?

Depends on how long it takes for you to focus and get something out of it. I would say minimum 20 minutes, but I often lose track of time when I do it. I don't think it really matters.

When I meditate, the first thing I do is balance my chakras, and I "see" the different colours flash as the white light comes in and travels through my body.

I use sound to carry the energy, and ground myself. And then for the remaining 15-20 mins, I am sitting still and quietly listening to the whispers in my ear.

If I get deep into thought, I will begin to pace furiously back and forth in an elongated oblong shaped pathway.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No really, the sound were vague, but almost--like that. (in my accent, btw, which is different from English; which...the above things probably sounded like someone is haunting me. NOOO)

The feeling is just like a very, very, VERY good night sleep. You know; fresh eye, happy feeling, clear mind.

But then again, I am not a certified nor trained in meditation >_>;

[MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION] (and anyone into meditation) try bikram yoga... im sure theres a studio in your area... its pretty much an active 90 minute meditation... and it will kick your ass physically and metaphysically... aim to go 4 days a row to start then at least 3 times a week.... i go 6 days a week... and i guarantee you will work through some deep rooted emotions and get in touch with your soul... not only that but it stimulates and regulates your internal organs and glands... kinda like a restart button for your body... so as you start you will go through an emotional rollercoaster...but this is good... about 3 weeks in i was as horny as fuck... but yeah... sadness....fear... all of the repressed emotions you've been carrying around deep in the fibers of your being will surface... some of the postures are extremely emotional ones and you may feel like your heart will burst.... in a good way.... it's seriously the best thing i ever did for myself... the best part is at the final posture... i've come out of my body... been visited by my higher self and spirit guide... but i'm more so inclined in that sense... and like anything you get what you put in and what you open your heart up to... bikram should pay me for this endorsement... *sigh*

I can't remember ever meditating, or reading about it.

I have a way of manipulating my senses though. I remember that my mother told me that I have somehow picked up a way of meditating on my own, when I described to her how I did it.

Taking up Walking Meditation...will report back with "experiences" soon.

I had never heard of that before. I walk a lot and I find that it is very relaxing and rejuvenating. Not to mention really good for my health. I checked that website out. Thanks for that. I'm going to try that.

I do yoga breathing meditation. It is intense. When I first started I could only do it for a couple of minutes - too many thoughts. Then as I kept on practicing I could sit there for 30 minutes just listening to my breath and feeling it fill up my lungs. It is a great way to quiet the mind but just like anything else it takes practice.

NeverAmI is the one who got me to start meditating.

Now, I can't do it without becoming deeply saddened which
takes away the whole point of meditating.

Reactions: wmbab1 and hush
@niffer (and anyone into meditation) try bikram yoga... im sure theres a studio in your area... its pretty much an active 90 minute meditation... and it will kick your ass physically and metaphysically... aim to go 4 days a row to start then at least 3 times a week.... i go 6 days a week... and i guarantee you will work through some deep rooted emotions and get in touch with your soul... not only that but it stimulates and regulates your internal organs and glands... kinda like a restart button for your body... so as you start you will go through an emotional rollercoaster...but this is good... about 3 weeks in i was as horny as fuck... but yeah... sadness....fear... all of the repressed emotions you've been carrying around deep in the fibers of your being will surface... some of the postures are extremely emotional ones and you may feel like your heart will burst.... in a good way.... it's seriously the best thing i ever did for myself... the best part is at the final posture... i've come out of my body... been visited by my higher self and spirit guide... but i'm more so inclined in that sense... and like anything you get what you put in and what you open your heart up to... bikram should pay me for this endorsement... *sigh*

I did that for a couple years. It was nice, but expensive. I know what you mean though.

I do, but the more stress in my life, the more difficult it becomes to meditate. Meditation is sitting, but when the shit hits the fan all around you, sitting doesn't exactly clean up all the shit. A Zen teacher I met even supported that and admitted that meditation doesn't actually solve a problem, sometimes you need to act. After a while, he would also tell his students who lived at the temple to "go out into the world" when he saw them become too absorbed in meditation.

I just started again recently after about a year of not and it was... nice. There's a certain slow-motion that takes place all around you when you finish. It's like you can actually feel your skin cells moving through the air molecules one by one.

Hmmm... so far I've noticed a "Deja-Vuish" feeling during my walks, with that deja vu comes a feeling of intense sadness, I won't lie... I cried a bit. I feel like I shouldn't exist in this form... like I've been here a long time. My body feels loose, light, but a bit uncomfortable... I'd like to be free. - I kind of feel compelled to just let go and fade out of existence (in this form anyway)... if such were possible.

I'm prone to hit low mental states on occasion... I may just be hitting one of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
Hmmm... so far I've noticed a "Deja-Vuish" feeling during my walks, with that deja vu comes a feeling of intense sadness, I won't lie... I cried a bit. I feel like I shouldn't exist in this form... like I've been here a long time. My body feels loose, light, but a bit uncomfortable... I'd like to be free. - I kind of feel compelled to just let go and fade out of existence (in this form anyway)... if such were possible.

I'm prone to hit low mental states on occasion... I may just be hitting one of those.

Cuddlez

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to be registering for a free 3 day meditation retreat that includes group walking meditations.

Reactions: Lerxst
What sorts of things surface from your mind and body into your consciousness? Well, nothing like you described except maybe arousal. Most of the time it is just boring, which is what it is supposed to be I guess. Other times it feels relaxing. Occasionally, I feel too anxious and can't stand doing it. The more I need to do it, the less able I am, and the less I need to do it, the easier it is to do it well. I usually do mindfulness meditation btw, although I have done other types and have done some group meditations. The group meditations were sometimes very weird, but I went with it anyway.

How has practicing meditation changed you? The point, as I understand it, is not for it to change you but to make you who you already are- to quit kidding yourself about not being yourself. That being said, I have seen people who devoted themselves to a Buddhist monastery for the summer and became much nicer, more compassionate people. I might have gotten a little bit of that, but I've never been very diligent in meditating. I think it does help though.

Have you ever gone on a retreat for meditation?

I've been wise enough to never go on one of the retreats. From what I read about them, they sound unpleasant unless you're ready for them. They're usually for people who are adept at meditating, but to me, waking up early and going to meditate would be a form of torture. Lol.

I've only meditated once, really. It was like a demo/free trial thing at this yoga place a few years ago. You could either sit or lay down, and because I was afraid my feet would fall asleep I opted to lay down. I don't remember it all now, but it was very relaxing. I remember there was something to do with chakras or whatever. When we were all done, I felt taller and floaty, and like if someone was pulling me up from the top of my head with a rope. In a good way.

Last night I was looking up meditation and stuff and I think I might try it on my own again. I tried last night but had a song stuck in my head that wouldn't go away...