Your Identity!! Excitings! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Your Identity!! Excitings!

What is life for you?

• Total voters
What are you morals, values?

My morals are mostly self-defined. I stick with the basic rule that you shouldn't hurt others, although I do tend to look at force as a viable choice in many situations. ( I don't believe in God, so I won't wait on it to deal judgment / save me. ) Beside of that I tend to act according of my emotions, and reject/ignore opposition if they aren't able to understand even the basic thoughts behind it. ( For ex when I adopted a dog - or else he would have been killed - and others wanted to change my mind simply because in their opinion it was financially a bad decision. )
My values could be called self-centered ( other think that I'm egoistical because of this at least... ), because I only believe in my own. I reject the thought of a God, I don't trust others enough to depend of them, so the only thing I have is myself for me. But it does work. ( Except my mood-changes. )
I don't steal, lie or kill others and I'm loyal to my partners, and I would want others to understand these basic principles too. ( Of course people who break these basic rules should pay for it, so to them these doesn't applies. )
I tend to values family not as much as others, although I want a family, and I do hope that I will be a good parent, thanks to my current stance I can't think about it like some holly being.

Do external factors influence who you are?

This really depends on that how I want to understand this question.
Others influence my stance in the society, and my life, but don't really affect my own personality. Except maybe that way, that I oppose many stereotypes and living-styles. This might have caused my own dissonance with my gender for example. And my view on life is affected by them too.
But because I tend to be rigid and stubborn when it comes to my own values, there isn't much place for influence on them... ( Although this rigidness was developed through the years thanks to them too... )

Are you dependent on other to some degree to uphold your identity?

Not really, although I do like to get input from others.

Do you, for example play certain roles? Do you consciously adopt certain characteristics that mark them as yourself?

Not consciously at least. Others affect my behavior only that way, that I know what I can talk about them, and what should I keep for myself. Although this mostly happens at personal subjects...

What defines you:

My career, my training, my morals and values and the way I treat others and myself.

What are you morals, values?

Wooooah there. Really want this list? Hmm. It's so big and complex it's actually difficult to put into words. I'd have to say a lot of different things that would give you your own overall interpretation.

1. I believe in treating people the way you would wanna be treated- but.. Don't let people treat you like shit! Stand up for yourself and what you believe to be the right thing. Be assertive and strong because what you want, people will gladly take away from you. People will treat you like shit, take advantage of you, hurt you, disrespect you and your things, look down on you. You need to develop the skills to not only be a great person but to fight all the evil cunts in the world, who prosper from others pain.

It's a harsh dichotomy between being a caring, empathetic, helpful, affirming, beacon of growth and good will- and being strong enough to stand up against the absolute opposite of all of that.

2. The right thing to do, is never easy. Therefore I always take the difficult choice because apathy reminds me (even in trivial contexts) that evil acts, thoughts and perspectives are close to all of us. Laziness, apathy and greed are so easy to fall into.

3. Selflessness. When in doubt, just take the pain and discomfort of losing something you might like in sake of a good nights sleep. Feel pain regularly, give up something now and then. Put someone else before you every now and then. Be humbled by others and yourself.

4. The only justifiable use of lethal force or action is in self defense or defense of others. Fuck capital punishment and it's morally contradictory, self-serving satisfaction.

5. Wait today, prosper tomorrow. Patience, perspective, intuition, thoughtfulness... it all keep the future in mind, stops you from making rash decisions and always makes you think about the moral and ethical consequences. Be it short or long term.

Do external factors influence who you are?

They influence everyone, at least from a young age. External factors basically have the biggest impact on who we are because as babies, as young human's we are so fragile. As i grew a strong sense of self? No. Only in that, the environmental tends to remind me of who I don't want to be.

Are you dependant on other to some degree to uphold your identity?

Not really, I've always felt alone and independent. My intent in life, ideals and values spring from within.

Do you, for example play certain roles? Do you consciously adopt certain characteristics that mark them as yourself?

I want to be the stoic warrior monk, I want to be the inspiring teacher, i want to be the understanding, empathetic friend, I want to be the guiding light of a movement or ideal. Each of these persona's could be explain by my cognitive process use I reckon and their compartmentalized usage in different aspects of my life.

Have you noticed some subconscious actions/thoughts of yourself that determine who you are? (Perhaps others told you, or you read something)

Yeah, a lot. Everyone has them, but N types maybe to a much higher degree? Can't be bothered to list them all though.

Can someone explain how their life is a mission? (Yea, I know that I made these choices but I did so not to only gather statistical data~ I also wanted to hear personal convictions and logic patterns to why someone would think that their life is X)

Really :0~ Although.... I never expected that so many people would pick "mission" as a choice 0.o. Strange.

mission for me is my life's purpose :)

I have to keep trying to find my mission in life. I have to understand what I live for. I know life is not just about me. It's more about sharing yourself to others and spreading the love to everyone :))