Your Bathroom/Your Relationship | INFJ Forum

Your Bathroom/Your Relationship

PintoBean

Site Supporter
May 18, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
How comfortable are you sharing a bathroom with your significant other? Do you never share bathrooms at all? Is it sanctum santorum? Do you pee in front of your partner? Would you even consider pooing in front of your partner?

I don't mind sharing my bathroom with anyone, per say, but I am notoriously picky with keeping up a certain level of cleanliness. I'm not talking about leaving the cap off the toothpaste or anything, but if my partner or anyone I share a bathroom with is a slob, I will be unhappy and relocate to my own bathroom.

I generally keep my bathroom activities to myself. A bit of mystery and all that.

How comfortable are you sharing a bathroom with your significant other? Do you never share bathrooms at all? Is it sanctum santorum? Do you pee in front of your partner? Would you even consider pooing in front of your partner?

I used to be discreet, but I think being married for over a decade and throwing kids into the mix changed that for me. I poo and pee, pick my nose, pluck that one wild chin whisker, burp, fart, change a tampon, whatever.. all in front of my dearly beloved. And he does the same. It's really nice to be able to let your body do its human functions and feel completely comfortable with your significant other.

I used to be discreet, but I think being married for over a decade and throwing kids into the mix changed that for me. I poo and pee, pick my nose, pluck that one wild chin whisker, burp, fart, change a tampon, whatever.. all in front of my dearly beloved. And he does the same. It's really nice to be able to let your body do its human functions and feel completely comfortable with your significant other.

Thank you for your candor! I totally agree that we have to be comfortable in our bodies to have a comfortable relationship. My husband and I are nine years now, but there has been no pooing in front of each other so far. I still run the sink if he's in vicinity of my bathroom when that is going on. I also burn a lemon sugar cookie candle, so maybe he thinks my poop smells like a bakery. Or maybe he just thinks my bathroom smells like poo and cookies mixed together every time the sink mysteriously runs for a really long time.

Or maybe he just thinks my bathroom smells like poo and cookies mixed together every time the sink mysteriously runs for a really long time.
Priceless! Laughing ao hard!
LOL! LOL!

My SO is no holds barred. I'm more discrete.
My Mormor's close friend never let her husband see her without dentures (once she got them). I always liked that idea of maintaining some mystery and class. I feel very close to my husband because he has seen my inner-most feelings and thoughts, seen me when I am ill, and seen me when I'm a mess, so he's seen enough!
Yet, double-standard. I don't mind his complete open-door policy.

Thank you for your candor! I totally agree that we have to be comfortable in our bodies to have a comfortable relationship. My husband and I are nine years now, but there has been no pooing in front of each other so far. I still run the sink if he's in vicinity of my bathroom when that is going on. I also burn a lemon sugar cookie candle, so maybe he thinks my poop smells like a bakery. Or maybe he just thinks my bathroom smells like poo and cookies mixed together every time the sink mysteriously runs for a really long time.

Haha! Running the faucet.. yeah I used to do that too, lol. I think I threw that out the window early on in our marriage. It was when we were spooning and out of nowhere a fart escaped and he whispered in my ear, "You realize you just farted on my dick, right?" I was so embarrassed but couldn't keep from cracking up. Since then, slowly yet surely, we introduced each other to all the disgusting wonders our bodies are capable of.

And I promise I won't tell your secret. He probably brags to his co-workers that his wife's poo smells like sugar and vanilla. :p

Reactions: PintoBean
The real question is, does he still think lemon sugar cookies are delicious?

Reactions: PintoBean
...Yet, double-standard. I don't mind his complete open-door policy.

I really wish my husband had an open door policy. Reason being he goes in there for so long that there are sometimes just things I need to discuss and it would be much easier than shouting through the door.