you are INFJ? this analysis might make you reconsider... | INFJ Forum

you are INFJ? this analysis might make you reconsider...

Andy Quellenlicht

Regular Poster
Jul 20, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4 sp
imo, there are many INFPs who consider themselves INFJs. and the book from lenore thomson makes the distinction of INFJ and INFP very clear. after reading this, it's difficult to mix it up. it's the chapters 17 and 21 in the following attach.

View attachment Lenore Thomson, Personality Type, Test, Basics, INTJ, INFJ, ISFP, INFP.pdf

an entire website is dedicated to the interpretation of this book!
http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/

(it's the same as in the thread "INFJ Typology, but there are more readers here)

Last edited:
Before looking at excerpt: I think I'm INFP

Ok post a whole book online instead of giving us your highlights of why you agree and find the info valuable in the first place...

Reactions: the
I actually think I might be for real though.

I thought I could be....if it wasn't for my sister(who's much more knowledgeable at MBTI and cognitive functions) assuring me, that I'm definitely INFJ. We get along great, I just "wish" she wasn't so quite sometimes.

I care about other people's feelings.

Is your dominant N, S, F or T? Does this flow into the internal or external? Adaption or direction? Which from the other pair of N, S, F and T?

That's a sufficient analysis right there.

I am dominant in intuition, it flows internally and is directive. It interacts directly with Feeling. Therefore I am INFJ.

I could then include how the other functions factor in to give the complete picture, all of which is consistent with the above.

I actually think I might be [an INTJ] for real though.

You think your Intuition flows in T rather than F? I never noticed any deviations from myself, so I don't think that is correct.

You may well be seeing aspects of your Type which MBTI's model doesn't cover (Ni > Fe > Ti > Se is correct, but is only a small part of the picture), and this has confused you into believing that the T may actually be ahead of the F. Ask yourself though: at your most introverted, are you emotive or non-emotive, and likewise at your most extroverted? If you emote as you introvert, and become more logical as you extrovert, then maybe you really are. But be careful: the intuition of an INFJ is both introverted and emotive, but sorting out what is what is easy once you see it all (afterall, the differences are distinct and qualitative as well as quantitative).

Last edited:
Ok post a whole book online instead of giving us your highlights of why you agree and find the info valuable in the first place...
I know right

Reactions: acd
You think your Intuition flows in T rather than F? I never noticed any deviations from myself, so I don't think that is correct.

You may well be seeing aspects of your Type which MBTI's model doesn't cover (Ni > Fe > Ti > Se is correct, but is only a small part of the picture), and this has confused you into believing that the T may actually be ahead of the F. Ask yourself though: at your most introverted, are you emotive or non-emotive, and likewise at your most extroverted? If you emote as you introvert, and become more logical as you extrovert, then maybe you really are. But be careful: the intuition of an INFJ is both introverted and emotive, but sorting out what is what is easy once you see it all (afterall, the differences are distinct and qualitative as well as quantitative).

I haven't really thought a whole lot about the theory of it lately but I'm going through one of those reconfiguring phases right now where I'm shifting my views and perceptions around. I've just noticed with my views on politics and other things changing, I've been rationalizing them a little differently than usual. And it just makes me think I might lean towards T.

But after doing a bit of poking on the INTJ forum an hour ago on this subject, I think I've just been using Ti a lot more lately. I have been very shut it so that could have something to do with it. No seeing people means giving Fe a rest and pry accessing Ti more.

Idk, I go through and question my type like every couple months or so and I always end back on INFJ.

I've taken the actual MBTI on two occasions, and various similar shorter versions so many times that I don't think the results should count anymore, as I can spot which questions will give what outcome. On all occasions I have tested as INFJ except one: the exceptional test made a distinction between your actual type and your aspired type -- I came out as INFP in actuality, but ENFJ is what I wish were. It was an interesting twist. In addition to the replicability of my test results, I'd have to say that the first time I read the description of an INFJ in Keirsey's "Please Understand Me" it was like WOW! It was the first time any description actually fit what I felt was my core self. I mean, I read my astrology stuff and just laugh. Year of the Ox? Bwahahahah what a joke. But this, THIS captured my essense.

I've taken the actual MBTI on two occasions, and various similar shorter versions so many times that I don't think the results should count anymore, as I can spot which questions will give what outcome. On all occasions I have tested as INFJ except one: the exceptional test made a distinction between your actual type and your aspired type -- I came out as INFP in actuality, but ENFJ is what I wish were. It was an interesting twist. In addition to the replicability of my test results, I'd have to say that the first time I read the description of an INFJ in Keirsey's "Please Understand Me" it was like WOW! It was the first time any description actually fit what I felt was my core self. I mean, I read my astrology stuff and just laugh. Year of the Ox? Bwahahahah what a joke. But this, THIS captured my essense.

Same here. I've taken the actual MTBI and countless shorter versions. I've scored INFJ all times except once I got ENFJ.

I've stopped taking them. . everytime I do they come back that same. . INFJ. . .there are times. . oh, well. . you are what you are. .

to me this book from thomson is interesting from a to z. that's why i posted the whole thing. imo, one does not really know the MBTI until one has assimilated the essentials of this book.

one very important thing thomson writes about ist the distinction between introverted and extraverted intuition - it's quite different. once one has grasped this, the confusion of INFP and INFJ becomes rare. i think these two types are miles away (their kind of intuition is different, and Ni-first is totally different from Fi-first). So the NF-label from myers-briggs, which both types share, is sometimes far fetched, but still true, imo.

i recommend reading and studying the whole book. then, discussions take place on quite another level (sounds arrogant, i know, but once you've read it, you might agree) and tests become, what they are: a teaser ;-).

Last edited:
Reactions: jn56uytrx
This is a good book. I squeeze in excerpts where I can. I thought it was interesting how she described Fi in Chapter 22 or 23. The fundamental human experience. Yeah, so, I'll continue reading.

Thank you OP!!! I've tested myself multiple times over the years and always ALWAYS test as INFJ. I have always thought I am an extreme INFJ but I just took the test again after reading the link and again got INFJ, however, my T score was 6 and my F score was 7 so I'm almost a borderline INTJ which makes sense to me as, although a definite Feeler and INFJ, at times I swing to much more logical thinking and I've been told I come across as "cold." Anyone else like this or can shed some light on those who are INFJ/INTJ?

i very often come accross as being cerebral. remember that the feeling-function does not mean 'feeling' in the standard sense of the word. it means: judging with reference to persons (myself or others) and not with reference to not-person related sequences like logic, numbers, deegrees of probability etc.

the high T score has to do with socialization: we learn to behave with a Te-judging, because it's impartial, because it's "objective", because school relies on it.

the best test become aware if it's more Te or Fe, is to observe the following: do we hesitate to state our opinion because other people will probably disapprove what we say? do we tend to feel hurt, when others show us their disapproval? do we tend to meet expectations more than we pursue the way of reason? etc.

as cerebral as i can be, i always have a big eye watching the others reactions (= his or her judgement) and adjusting to it (often on a subtle level). INTJs are typically e5s. they are much less impressed by the reactions of others.