WZS Worldwide Zombie Survivalists | INFJ Forum

WZS Worldwide Zombie Survivalists

S

Shai Gar

I am doing up a three page application form for WZS in a similar manner to the D&D 4E char sheet.

Anyone have any ideas?

At the moment I have a page each for; personal, bugout bag, vehicle.

Last Dundeons and Dragons game I played was Advanced 2nd edition. So don't really know what their newer character sheets look like.

Also never heard of WZS, is this something original you are working on or a group you are trying to become affiliated with due to your love of the coming Zombie Apocalypse?

I was trying to think of something that might help you creatively, but I reckon I need a little bit more information as to what you are trying to accomplish Shai. Are you trying to make real life type characters utilizing that particular role playing system's rule set? Or is that just a framework you are generating a character sheet from?

Will this be used in an actual tabletop RPG or is this just an exercise for your imagination and entertainment?

Just throw some info at me man, hopefully I can process and come up with some ideas for yah.

This is for an application form that you keep updated for both yourself and others in the international society. A status form for your zompoc readiness.

Personal information page takes into account height, weight, maybe a suggested daily calorie intake per day, viable skillset for the apocalypse, general data on physical endurance, and location for networking with other Zpoc survivalist enthusiasts?

Bugout bag page taking into consideration weight and necessity of items in correlation with skillset?

Vehicle page list make, model, mpg, fuel type, then last maintenance information for oil change, brakes, tire rotation and balance, engine tuneup, and general wear left on tires?

I knew there was stuff I missed. Vehicle information stuff...

Could you write a list? I'll upload what I already have

This is just an example, I'm no auto mechanic but these are things I know to watch out for to keep my truck running.

Make: Ford
Model: 2000 F150 V8 Crew Cab
MPG: 22 conservative guess
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Tank size: I should know this but atm ?
Distance capable on full tank: 350-400? I fill up at a quarter tank and have put 300 miles on odometer by this point with highway travel.
Passenger Capacity: Driver + 3 adults comfortably, two more adults can be squeezed in. This is all in cab.
Cargo Capacity: I think the bed is rated around 2000 lbs, heavy emphasis on think. No cover, but does contain four tie down points bolted to the frame of the bed.

Maintenance
Engine: 1500 miles left for oil change, tune up four years ago
Brakes: ? Pretty solid but last had them checked around four years ago.
Tires: Front brand new, rear almost bald and need replacing.
Spare: Solid but old full sized.

Owners Manual: Pristine Condition in glove box.

Most of this information can be accessed from the owners manual obviously, its just pissing down rain atm and I don't feel like going outside.

Might have to play around with that skills list a little, add General Science, Physics, Chemistry, Math, Medical Science and maybe some others.

Attachments

• WZS_000.jpg
    WZS_000.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 2
  • WZS_001.jpg
    WZS_001.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 2
  • WZS_002.jpg
    WZS_002.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1
  • WZS_Skills_00.jpg
    WZS_Skills_00.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1
  • WZS_Skills_01.jpg
    WZS_Skills_01.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm a DM and I own both the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. This sounds awesome!! Let me see what you've got, I might be able to add stuff.

I might add local stronghold areas, "safe" zones with rations and/or weapons that the character maintains/discovers.

Emotional stability is also an important factor in a zombie apocalypse, might add any important disorders or traumatizing events.

I am writing my own zombie survival guide. Max brooks is bullshit. Noone serious about the zompoc would even consider reading it.

I think Mr. Brooks did allright all things considering, at least made for a very fun read and spurred some ideas. I told him that his reliance on the .22 cal wasn't a good idea as I felt it may not consistently stop a zombie in one hit. I also mentioned that his dismissal of the 12 gauge shotgun was rather ludicrous as it is much better suited for a quick one shot kill over a .22 while you are trying to deal with a situation expediently. He took the criticism in stride so he's still allright in my book. This was at his lecture at UAB back in October.

Anyone who considers the ramifications of survival in the Zombie Apocalypse knows that being stuck on foot carrying all your gear is the last ditch scenario. I personally favor a nice hammer or club capable of caving in a human skull in one fast blow and a suit of lamellar armour produced from thick PvC. Brain bucket needs to fit well and have a good face shield to protect you from blood spray. Shotgun is the oh shit there are too many and I gotta get the fuck outta here safety blanket.

What I couldn't stand is the pathetic "Solumnan Virus". He's assuming that Zombies are real, and they they come about in that very specific manner. Utter trite.

Zombies are not real, the idea of Zombie Survivalism is Survival at all costs, in the worst of all possible scenarios. His scenario gave a piece of piss description of a zombie, and therefore his conclusions on how to survive were all useless. He also favoured too many stupid weapons over superior weaponry, although I agree with a .22 pistol as a backup primary.

Zombies have to always be assumed as the worst possible case; immortal undead ragers that can track by scent like a dog, and are stronger and faster than a human.

What I couldn't stand is the pathetic "Solumnan Virus". He's assuming that Zombies are real, and they they come about in that very specific manner. Utter trite.

Zombies are not real, the idea of Zombie Survivalism is Survival at all costs, in the worst of all possible scenarios. His scenario gave a piece of piss description of a zombie, and therefore his conclusions on how to survive were all useless. He also favoured too many stupid weapons over superior weaponry, although I agree with a .22 pistol as a backup primary.

Zombies have to always be assumed as the worst possible case; immortal undead ragers that can track by scent like a dog, and are stronger and faster than a human.

In which case we are properly fucked. I understand you viewing this as the worst case scenario. In my opinion if we are dealing with the undead zombie then over time its speed will diminish, perhaps a human freshly turned might exhibit faster speed and strength than normal but eventually those muscles and tendons will degrade. The frightening part about the zombie to me is that it does not feel pain, it will relentlessly pursue you, and it will never get tired. This particular writer Max Brooks speaks as if he actually believes what he has written in a comedic method similar to his father's movies. I treat all his material as such and find them to be quite entertaining.

I completely disagree. His realistic Zombies were beyond awesome to me. I get totally taken out of the story if I see shit like running zombies, zombies with super strength, zombies who act like they have human emotions, etc. Zombies are already OP if there are vast hordes of them.

and btw:
I FART in your general direction!

Hush you, or I'll bite your ankles off.

I agree that he's a comedy writer, but his book is written like a survival guide. When you make a guide, you have to make it so it works.

Hush you, or I'll bite your ankles off.

I agree that he's a comedy writer, but his book is written like a survival guide. When you make a guide, you have to make it so it works.
This better not be about the shoalin spade. That was the most awesome weapon I've ever heard of. I want one to hang on my wall. I though the guide was just fine. It explicitly stated that if you wanted wilderness survival tips, get a wilderness guide, cause this was all about Zombies.. you silly kkkknnnnnigget!