Would you vote to control your boss' wages? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Would you vote to control your boss' wages?

I understand.

They're mistaken in thinking it is unfair though. It's entirely fair. For example a $10 tax is significant if you only have $10, but nothing if you have a billion. However if the tax is 10% then the burden is relatively equal.

Yes, a rich person can pay a lot more money. However with a correct tax bracket they will never end up more burdened that someone with less money - i.e. they will always be rich and will always be able to get more money because they only pay a high percent for their income which is over a certain amount.

Or in other words for example for the first 30k their earnings get taxed low, or nothing. For the earnings between 30k and 60k they're taxed at a working class level, for above 60k it's a middle class level tax, above 100k is upper middle class etc. etc. so basically they pay equal amounts to another person who earns that much in a given tax bracket.

However I do suppose things can work without that.

Edit:
Also logically you can compare it to structural pillars. You cannot expect a weak pillar and a robust pillar to carry the same weight - you don't mix sticks with steel girders to hold up a skyscraper.

You don't use an iron beam to hold up a two man tent, and you don't use balsa wood to hold up a giant tower. It makes no sense.

I get what you are saying about the fairness

This is why i think its unfair-
i think what often happens is that the rich evade their taxes, through both legal and illegal measures, and it is the middle class and working class that get stuck with bill. I am friends/acquaintances with a wide variety of people, from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Having listened to the views of the rich, i think it is unfair that they are penalised for having money. I dont necessarily care where they got their money from in the first place...chances are that it was unethical but that isnt my concern to judge them for their past...the point is that they have it now. They have every right to enjoy their money and shouldnt be expected to foot the bill of society, but they should be contributing fairly to the society that makes their money and lifestyle possible. I honestly think that if the tax rate was lower for them, less people would evade their taxes and there would be more in the pot. Ideally, people should be proud to pay taxes and contribute to their community. But so often the money we pay doesnt go where we want it. The middle class and working class are penalised for earning higher salaries, which makes it difficult for them to get past a certain glass ceiling of wealth and security. The poor, are normally subsidised so taxes arent an issue...but are subjected to hateful stigmas from many tax payers who feel that they work so that other families can eat.

I dont think that our current income tax system is working, or our current government, or the majority of popular business models. Our lifestyles are not sustainable, and there is still a lack of social mobility and access to resources, despite the abundance of money and resources we have in the world.

I dont think people should be taxed at a higher rate because they earn more money. But i do think that people should pay higher taxes on monopolising resources, causing pollution, and pointless consumerism...all the stuff mentioned earlier etc

I like the story of Robin Hood, but i think that if we play Robin Hood then we perpetuate the problem of stealing. Many (assuredly not all) of the wealthy are wealthy, in my opinion...because at some point they engaged in white collar stealing or basic thuggery, skulldugery, or profit at the expense of other people and the environment. If we steal from them, than they will evade this and hide their money, cutting it out of circulation and possibly helpful investment. They will also try to buy governent, monopolise even more resources, and create more waste. If we take the higher ground and ask for something that is more reasonable and fair (fair only according to what i would personally want to pay), then we break that cycle, and possibly reduce greed and further theft.

I think that people should earn what they want. No limits. Except ethics and sustainablity. No one is getting paid too much, in my opinion, but many people are not getting paid enough. And the money that is being collected is being extracted mainly from the middle and working class, at much pain to them sometimes, and the money is not going where many of us want it to go

ideally, we need more 'intentional' community, and more focus on thinking and living sustainably

They're taxed more because they make more money.

Rich people have NOTHING to complain about. They cannot be made to suffer through taxes. I mean look at it this way. If I gave you the option to take a million dollars taxed at 50%, a thousand dollars taxed at 10%, or a hundred dollars tax free, which would you rather take?

The way our tax system works, rich people STILL take home the most money no matter how high they're taxed. If the government wants money while causing minimal suffering then taxing the rich is the best way to do it because losing a large percent of millions is hardly an inconvenience.

Literally it is hard to have it any better if you're rich so they basically complain about nothing. Because they're spoiled. Due to being rich.

I really am trying not to end this conversation becaue most people who have posted on this subject are simply wrong and I can prove it. The problem is I am on my phone and it takes more thumb typing to do so than I would like.

Who defines what rich is? Who gets to say? I say if you make 30gs are year you are rich and should have the hell taxed out of you. Any difference of opinion on that?

I really am trying not to end this conversation becaue most people who have posted on this subject are simply wrong and I can prove it. The problem is I am on my phone and it takes more thumb typing to do so than I would like.

Who defines what rich is? Who gets to say? I say if you make 30gs are year you are rich and should have the hell taxed out of you. Any difference of opinion on that?

I don't believe anyone is that confused about the definition of "rich" moreover anyone who aspires it knows exactly what it is. It's not hard to look at the cost of living and figure out that after a certain point you're very much above it.

This sounds like something that would be said by a person who knows exactly what "rich" is and would like to be it. You and I both know that "30gs" is no where even close to being rich.

When you're poor, vote democrat. When you're rich, vote republican. If you're in between, flip a coin. There's not much of a difference between the two anyways.

Oh no it is an issue. I have found that so long as you are labeled what you want to be labeled "poor" your fine with other people being labeled as bieng rich and taxed more. Once you are labeled rich you have a problem with it. Its a matter of labels.

And yeah someone who makes 30 gs a year is rich compared to someone who makes 5.

There is no problem with the idea of Capitalism (I will only speak about the US since I don’t follow UK news that closely).
In theory it works, but that is a partial truth (Capitalism thrives on a class system).
The problem is we no longer have a free market, and so we have clearly devolved into an Oligarchy with the rich in power and subverting the democratic vote of the people.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/princeton-experts-say-us-no-longer-democracy
http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/is-america-an-oligarchy

Of course that’s only according to Princeton University and Northwestern University and other economists.

Take a look at this -

infographic_final_2.png

Now ask yourself when the last time you had a substantial wage increase? I’m not talking about $2-3 dollars…I’m talking about over $5 closer to $10.
When you factor in your living expenses…paying for your health insurance, buying groceries, paying the utility bills, student loans, etc., etc….how much does the average Joe take home as profit?
How close is that gap, between living within your means, and just surviving??

Many Americans find that gap overtaking them.
The average American has not seen a substantial raise since Reagan. (it actually began in 1974, but those were steps that lead up to the decline and flat rate we now all enjoy).
afl-cio-propaganda.jpg

This chart is pretty easy to understand…it shows the CEO pay in comparison to the average American worker. (BTW the statistic for the UK is 131 times the average worker so the US CEO takes home about 3 times that much.)

So the next time you wonder where the raises went….who got the bonuses…where did the savings from cutting your benefits go?
You should remember these charts. They are NOT going to give you more money by asking them….we have been asking them and playing by the rules for too long with NO results!
And now these same people who have gouged their own employees to line their pockets have securely gained control of our process of electing our officials by passing ‘Citizen’s United’ and the ‘McCutcheon’ decision allowing unlimited money in elections.
Money talks.
They are not going to give it to us freely…we are going to have to take it.
But if you enjoy just keeping your head afloat, then just keep ignoring it and being ignorant…I’m sure it will go away and everything will magically become fair.

No. Because if I want to be a boss, I want to make as much money as possible and I don't want people voting to take my earned wages away from me.

No. Because if I want to be a boss, I want to make as much money as possible and I don't want people voting to take my earned wages away from me.
And that is exactly why people don’t do anything about the wage gap.
They still believe that the American dream exists for them (although you are Canadian right? lol)…and that they too will be up there on the CEO pay chart.
They want us to believe that the harder you work the more you will be rewarded.
But that isn’t reality.
Some incredibly hard workers are dirt poor.
Some incredibly rich “workers” have interest gains in the millions per day.

Hard work can indeed pay off, but those opportunities to rise up out of obscurity into riches just doesn’t happen all that often…this is why when we talk about such people, we used adjectives like “miraculous” or “extraordinary” or “remarkable”.
The game is rigged, for the rich to win, on the backs of the rest of us.

3.jpg

Last edited:
Err... what I meant to say is that they should be taxed tbe same. Currently they arent, they are taxed more I the US.

I see. It varies significantly from state to state. A progressive income tax would be more fair (assuming the rich weren't able to dodge it with Cayman Island subsidiaries and such). In states like Texas, they don't have an income tax and instead tie all of their taxes to consumption (sales and property taxes), which disproportionately hurts poorer people since that effectively means a higher portion of their income must go to taxes than rich people. A flat 17% might be better, but we'd have to get people to accept the idea of income taxes in the first place.

And that is exactly why people don’t do anything about the wage gap.
They still believe that the American dream exists for them (although you are Canadian right? lol)…and that they too will be up there on the CEO pay chart.
They want us to believe that the harder you work the more you will be rewarded.
But that isn’t reality.
Some incredibly hard workers are dirt poor.
Some incredibly rich “workers” have interest gains in the millions per day.

Hard work can indeed pay off, but those opportunities to rise up out of obscurity into riches just doesn’t happen all that often…this is why when we talk about such people, we used adjectives like “miraculous” or “extraordinary” or “remarkable”.
The game is rigged, for the rich to win, on the backs of the rest of us.

3.jpg

This is what I ACTUALLY see from most people:

They want to bitch about how much CEO's make, or how much their supervisor makes, or how much they're not making but there is absolutely NOTHING remarkable about the naysayers. I have never seen these people go above and beyond in any situation. I have never seen them do much more than come in, do the minimum of what they are paid to do, and then go home. There is nothing about them that strikes me as CEO material or BOSS material and a lot of that is why they'll never rise above where they are. While yes, the system is not very favourable, people are just shitty at what they do and they do not bring anything innovative to the table. That is the problem.

Someone has to be at the top, and the person at the top has to add value in some way. Maybe they're charismatic and great at networking. Maybe they're not afraid to make hard decisions and cut costs and do things that affect the people that work for them. Maybe they're just a pretty face who looks good representing the company. Maybe they're a great sales person or they have at least some qualifiers that would grant them that position. A lot of people don't just START at the top except in rare cases and most people actually have zero ambition to be at the top, but they'd love to have the pay cheque handed to them.

The American Dream in whatever capacity it used to be is total bullshit. The American Dream still requires you to stay in a straight line and follow the model and to just act as a living representation of an idea that I don't think brings anyone any true satisfaction. People are trying to chase something they can't emulate.

I intend to invest well. I intend to work well. I intend to retire with millions on the bank and will make it happen. Some people lack the drive and the knowledge and the will to make changes in their lives to achieve what it is that they want. I don't feel sorry for that at all. I think it's pathetic.

This is what I ACTUALLY see from most people:

They want to bitch about how much CEO's make, or how much their supervisor makes, or how much they're not making but there is absolutely NOTHING remarkable about the naysayers. I have never seen these people go above and beyond in any situation. I have never seen them do much more than come in, do the minimum of what they are paid to do, and then go home. There is nothing about them that strikes me as CEO material or BOSS material and a lot of that is why they'll never rise above where they are. While yes, the system is not very favourable, people are just shitty at what they do and they do not bring anything innovative to the table. That is the problem.

Someone has to be at the top, and the person at the top has to add value in some way.

It's funny, but I have the absolute opposite experience. I have seen "leaders" who do not lead, but still earn a higher paycheck seemingly from 'momentum', not from adding value at the level of their pay. I've also seen incredibly dedicated individuals at lower levels who love their jobs and do them very well and *lead* when they are needed, and see no promotions, seemingly because of 'momentum'. This isn't the way it was meant to work...

I'm being as objective as possible. I personally am happy with my rate of pay, and feel like it is commensurate with my position. But I can't help but observe a system not working.

I don't know if a vote for salary is the solution to that, or maybe more of a vote to keep your job, similar to how democracy works. If a leader is adding value, it can be seen from all levels of a corporation. Further, maybe it makes sense for the pay ranges for different roles to be public. Then there's no wondering how many times a CEO earns vs. the customer service reps, etc, and if the CEO isn't earning that pay then they face to wrath of their colleagues. If there is pettiness involved, employees from all levels know if they lose a good leader then the company suffers as does their chances of security or advancement.

Maybe they're charismatic and great at networking. Maybe they're not afraid to make hard decisions and cut costs and do things that affect the people that work for them. Maybe they're just a pretty face who looks good representing the company. Maybe they're a great sales person or they have at least some qualifiers that would grant them that position. A lot of people don't just START at the top except in rare cases and most people actually have zero ambition to be at the top, but they'd love to have the pay cheque handed to them.

The American Dream in whatever capacity it used to be is total bullshit. The American Dream still requires you to stay in a straight line and follow the model and to just act as a living representation of an idea that I don't think brings anyone any true satisfaction. People are trying to chase something they can't emulate.

I intend to invest well. I intend to work well. I intend to retire with millions on the bank and will make it happen. Some people lack the drive and the knowledge and the will to make changes in their lives to achieve what it is that they want. I don't feel sorry for that at all. I think it's pathetic.

Fair enough. If your consideration equals payrate, then that's the way it works, from the top down. But just as you mentioned, "No. Because if I want to be a boss, I want to make as much money as possible and I don't want people voting to take my earned wages away from me." the same situation is set up from the bottom up. I respect your faith that your drive will leave you millions on the bank when you retire. I personally don't share that faith, but that doesn't mean I don't hope you succeed!

Reactions: Skarekrow
Meh, so long as it's not bonuses for being terrible at your job or some other ridiculous amount. OTH, it might provide incentive not to be awful but could also lead to silly job politics.

Oh no it is an issue. I have found that so long as you are labeled what you want to be labeled "poor" your fine with other people being labeled as bieng rich and taxed more. Once you are labeled rich you have a problem with it. Its a matter of labels.

And yeah someone who makes 30 gs a year is rich compared to someone who makes 5.

No they're not. Somebody who makes that is not rich compared to anyone. They are simply not entirely poor.

It's funny, but I have the absolute opposite experience. I have seen "leaders" who do not lead, but still earn a higher paycheck seemingly from 'momentum', not from adding value at the level of their pay. I've also seen incredibly dedicated individuals at lower levels who love their jobs and do them very well and *lead* when they are needed, and see no promotions, seemingly because of 'momentum'. This isn't the way it was meant to work...

I'm being as objective as possible. I personally am happy with my rate of pay, and feel like it is commensurate with my position. But I can't help but observe a system not working.

I don't know if a vote for salary is the solution to that, or maybe more of a vote to keep your job, similar to how democracy works. If a leader is adding value, it can be seen from all levels of a corporation. Further, maybe it makes sense for the pay ranges for different roles to be public. Then there's no wondering how many times a CEO earns vs. the customer service reps, etc, and if the CEO isn't earning that pay then they face to wrath of their colleagues. If there is pettiness involved, employees from all levels know if they lose a good leader then the company suffers as does their chances of security or advancement.

The Peter Principle claims that employees tend to get promoted when they are successful at their current position, and stop being promoted when they begin failing. This means they come to rest in positions where they're incompetent.

But anyway. There are only finite positions in the world and the idea that everyone can make it if they try hard enough is just hogwash. And besides, if we have to fight over success like dogs over a bone and the top dogs are viciously determined to keep their bones that they fought hard for and the underdogs are bitter and feel disenfranchised for trying to get ahead and being smacked down by competition at every turn, then what we end up with is a reinforcement of the hierarchy. The top dogs will kick your ass if you try to take their bone and the bottom dogs either keep their heads down, or they fight and maybe become successful, but most likely they become a cantankerous middle dog who pisses on everyone because they resent their current position.

Edit:
Long story short, people sweat petty stuff and will stab you in the back for greed.

Last edited:
“Kiss up, kick down” = bad news

November 22, 2012 by perceptivetips
Often well hidden, these employees (more often managers), will be secretly damaging to your business. Look carefully to assess if you have any ‘kiss up, kick down’ managers on your payroll. They abuse their power and their style is often intimidating or even bullying towards their employees. Their subordinates feel threatened and as such are fearful in losing their job so do not go above their manager. On the flip side, this manager paints a rosy picture for his/her boss to see. By supporting and keeping these kiss up, kick down managers, employees view the top tier leadership team as being part of this culture.

My experience with kiss up, kick down managers: Two of our clients had kiss up, kick down managers and I’ve also found this style where I play a volunteer role. Coincidentally, both client situations held Operations Manager positions. One, I identified when conducting an employee audit (it took some prodding and the President had a hard time buying in until I shared the evidence) and the other was identified after years of service. The impact by both was similar, i.e. employees were working scared, stayed within their safe parameters and obeyed as well as they could to not muddy the waters and to keep their jobs. The good employees left. The others shut down or did what they needed to keep their jobs. In both cases when these two managers were replaced, morale and productivity was significantly improved.

Identifying Kiss up, Kick down:

• A kiss up manager will make sure to boast about all he/she contributes and not hesitate to take credit for other people’s ideas
  • The kiss up manager will rarely challenge upwards
  • The kiss up manager will seldom promote from within and if they do it will be someone who will not threaten them or rock the boat
  • Their team doesn’t come forth with suggestions — why bother as the manager will take any good suggestions as his/her own anyway
  • The subordinates/victims are unlikely to approach the top tier with concerns as they presume the top tier is okay with what is happening and supports this style of management
  • The staff are not a happy and engaged team, hence do not thrive or work to their potential
  • During exit interviews, they will need to be probed to speak up as they may need a reference in the future
Do take regular walks throughout your company. Alternatively, employee audits can be very revealing — it’s amazing what you may learn. Exit interviews are crucial, preferably conducted by a third party.

The opposite, kick up and kiss down, is a much better way to go. Great leaders will kick the top tier leaders if they believe they are making decisions that will have a negative impact on their team. They will also be very effective in kissing down to get the best performance from their happy and engaged subordinates. I’ll speak more about the ‘kick up, kiss down’ style in a future blog.

http://perceptivetips.com/2012/11/22/kiss-up-kick-down-bad-news/

I get what you are saying about the fairness

This is why i think its unfair-
i think what often happens is that the rich evade their taxes, through both legal and illegal measures, and it is the middle class and working class that get stuck with bill. I am friends/acquaintances with a wide variety of people, from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Having listened to the views of the rich, i think it is unfair that they are penalised for having money. I dont necessarily care where they got their money from in the first place...chances are that it was unethical but that isnt my concern to judge them for their past...the point is that they have it now. They have every right to enjoy their money and shouldnt be expected to foot the bill of society, but they should be contributing fairly to the society that makes their money and lifestyle possible. I honestly think that if the tax rate was lower for them, less people would evade their taxes and there would be more in the pot. Ideally, people should be proud to pay taxes and contribute to their community. But so often the money we pay doesnt go where we want it. The middle class and working class are penalised for earning higher salaries, which makes it difficult for them to get past a certain glass ceiling of wealth and security. The poor, are normally subsidised so taxes arent an issue...but are subjected to hateful stigmas from many tax payers who feel that they work so that other families can eat.

I dont think that our current income tax system is working, or our current government, or the majority of popular business models. Our lifestyles are not sustainable, and there is still a lack of social mobility and access to resources, despite the abundance of money and resources we have in the world.

I dont think people should be taxed at a higher rate because they earn more money. But i do think that people should pay higher taxes on monopolising resources, causing pollution, and pointless consumerism...all the stuff mentioned earlier etc

I like the story of Robin Hood, but i think that if we play Robin Hood then we perpetuate the problem of stealing. Many (assuredly not all) of the wealthy are wealthy, in my opinion...because at some point they engaged in white collar stealing or basic thuggery, skulldugery, or profit at the expense of other people and the environment. If we steal from them, than they will evade this and hide their money, cutting it out of circulation and possibly helpful investment. They will also try to buy governent, monopolise even more resources, and create more waste. If we take the higher ground and ask for something that is more reasonable and fair (fair only according to what i would personally want to pay), then we break that cycle, and possibly reduce greed and further theft.

I think that people should earn what they want. No limits. Except ethics and sustainablity. No one is getting paid too much, in my opinion, but many people are not getting paid enough. And the money that is being collected is being extracted mainly from the middle and working class, at much pain to them sometimes, and the money is not going where many of us want it to go

ideally, we need more 'intentional' community, and more focus on thinking and living sustainably

Taxes aren't a punishment. They're a means of obtaining funds.

I agree that income tax is not ideal in a perfect world, but I do not see why someone with a lot of money should evade income tax. One would think that people with the LEAST money would have the MOST incentive to evade taxes, but this isn't the case. Oddly the ones who should be the least bothered about taxes seem to complain the most, which to me indicates that there's something else going on there. I think excessive money worship is a big problem so I don't feel it's necessarily good to let anyone have as much as they want.

I'd be more inclined to agree if people didn't act like losing a million is the end of the world when they have plenty more such that like rats jumping off a sinking ship they have to dump their cash into other countries to avoid the taxes. To me it looks like this:
4hqfxv.jpg

I mean seriously. There's no fire or sinking ship. They don't need to bail themselves out to survive. They quite literally can stand to lose some money. But if people who would actually have their lives threatened by losing any money complain about not getting ahead, they're suddenly the ones who are greedy and whiney and want to live off other people? That's BS.

If the rich didn't act like their money is the end of the world when it isn't then I'd be more inclined to say let them have it. But they do act like that, and that is just plain greed, and greed is damaging to the whole of society especially when it comes from people who are in power. So maybe ideally they shouldn't have their money taken away but yet since they're so obsessed with it to the point of near insanity - which creates a culture of money obsession that infects the middle and lower classes - maybe they should have their money taken away.

I don't entirely think that love of money is the root of all evil, but it's pretty darn close.

Taxes aren't a punishment. They're a means of obtaining funds.

I agree that income tax is not ideal in a perfect world, but I do not see why someone with a lot of money should evade income tax. One would think that people with the LEAST money would have the MOST incentive to evade taxes, but this isn't the case. Oddly the ones who should be the least bothered about taxes seem to complain the most, which to me indicates that there's something else going on there. I think excessive money worship is a big problem so I don't feel it's necessarily good to let anyone have as much as they want.

I'd be more inclined to agree if people didn't act like losing a million is the end of the world when they have plenty more such that like rats jumping off a sinking ship they have to dump their cash into other countries to avoid the taxes. To me it looks like this:
4hqfxv.jpg

I mean seriously. There's no fire or sinking ship. They don't need to bail themselves out to survive. They quite literally can stand to lose some money. But if people who would actually have their lives threatened by losing any money complain about not getting ahead, they're suddenly the ones who are greedy and whiney and want to live off other people? That's BS.

If the rich didn't act like their money is the end of the world when it isn't then I'd be more inclined to say let them have it. But they do act like that, and that is just plain greed, and greed is damaging to the whole of society especially when it comes from people who are in power. So maybe ideally they shouldn't have their money taken away but yet since they're so obsessed with it to the point of near insanity - which creates a culture of money obsession that infects the middle and lower classes - maybe they should have their money taken away.

I don't entirely think that love of money is the root of all evil, but it's pretty darn close.

We've gone off topic now, but i think what we are discussing is still relavant to the op

Yes- taxes are not a punishment. And i feel honoured to pay taxes to invest into my community....i just dont like where a lot of it goes....which is why i was so interested in politics for so long. Taxes would be easier and more enjoyable for people to swallow if people were more active citizens and had more responsibility and choice about where the money goes. Its like when you live in a sharehouse and you have a grocery budget- lets say we all put in $50 a week....ideally we should work out what we want to buy that week and why, and how that fits into whats happening this week, and who likes what, and who's allergic to what etc. And then if we buy groceries and someone finishes all the eggs in the first day....or someone invites their friends over for a piss up and drinks all the beer....or someone has bought a whole bunch of bread with gluten but someone else cant eat that gluten...someone else is one a special diet where they're only eating celery sticks etc....it gets annoying. And if we knew it was going to be like this every week and we still gave in our money to the budget without trying to communicate properly about it, take responsibility for where our money is going, resisting the process, or changing the outcome....it would be our own fault that we were unhappy that we are having pancakes for dinner when i fucking hate pancakes. And then it gets more complicated when some people are contributing more....lets say the members are contributing $80, $70, $50, $50, $20, $10, $0....the person paying the higher figure might become unfairly resentful towards the people paying the least and demand more concessions made to them. In a democratic household...the money contributed by each person shouldnt dictate how much choice that person has...but obviously in real terms this gets really messy and complicated.

Or its like tithing at church....money is paid in at 10% of income and more can be donated, and every now and again there will be a specific request to collect more money for a special interest. the church decides as a community which goals it wants to bring to fruition and how.

i think the reason why some people evade taxes is simply because they can, sometimes its because they are dodgy, some see it as just a game to have as much money as possible, some are genuinely greedy and fearful, some see it as a game to rip off the systems, and sometimes because they have a genuine caveat with the system.

I agree that those with the most seem to often be the ones that complain most. I think its because some people that have a lot can be more materially focused, are used to a certain standard of living, possibly more pretentious, need to keep up appearance and status, like to compete and keep up, can be more fear, security, and comfort orientated, more greedy, more 'this is mine' attitude, possesive, guarded, less connected with the majority of humanity, isolated, can have a sense of undemocratic entitlement, less empathatic, more ruthless, can be condscending and look down on those that have less, misunderstand the reason why other people have less, be less likely to understand environmental considerations on a person's success, not see stealing as stealing, perpertuate theft, be more autocratic, paranoid, judgemental, and believe that they have a lot to lose.
People that have less have less to lose, and can possibly more easily empathise with people in the same position as them, or with those that have less.
It is a lot easier to go from having less to more, or keeping the same standard, rather than from more to less.
People that have the least technically (not necessarily actually) have the most to gain from tax money.
People that contibute the most proprtonally have a lot to gain in ensuring they can live in a safe, harmonious, vibrant community with quality infastracture.

It is the same with charity too, people from the working classes on average donate a significantly greater proportion of their salary. I did an assignment on this topic a long time ago, and i think one of the reason this is so is because working class people are more connected to the everyday reality of the majority, and very wealthy people are disconnected and have extremely high and sometimes just weird life styles, living expenses, leisure time activities etc

Also, i dont know if someone that is wealthy, and possiby has always been wealthy...could understand a concept like survival...what if feels like to be genuinely hungry, or to worry incessantly about shelter and bills and your family, and provide clothing and shoes.....its just a completely different reality. Being broke is nothing like being poor
I have a couple of friends that have gone from dirt poor ro rich, and they are compassionate, giving, and supportive.
Some of the rich that have always been rich...they genuinely dont get what life can be like....and they can get defensive, angry, guilty, apathetic... when faced with the reality of other peoples lives

But not all rich people are the same or have the same values. Not all are greedy or selfish. Some are very giving and selfless. Some genuinely want other people to have what they have. No one really wants to sit in the bahamas all by themselves.

I think that the love of money is based on greed and insecurity, which is based on lack, which is rooted in fear. More love= less fear, less lack, less people focused on arbitary materialism etc.
Many wealthy people are in a perpetual state of lack. Some 'poor' people are abundant. Being abundant, feeling good in your own skin and environment, having good friends, a good relationship, social support, feeling gratitude and appreciative, being empowered and responsible, enjoying life, happiness... is not correlated with having a lot of money. More money can simply bandaid problems, and create more problems. It doesnt matter how much someone has in the bank if they feel lack within the self.

Fair enough. If your consideration equals payrate, then that's the way it works, from the top down. But just as you mentioned, "No. Because if I want to be a boss, I want to make as much money as possible and I don't want people voting to take my earned wages away from me." the same situation is set up from the bottom up. I respect your faith that your drive will leave you millions on the bank when you retire. I personally don't share that faith, but that doesn't mean I don't hope you succeed!

You have to consider the amount of leaders in relation to those who are led. The vast majority of people I have seen both in real life and online seem to have it in their minds that they're a victim of how the system is, but they are not maximizing their own potential to work that system. Anyone who doesn't have those extra special skills or networks or whatever and thinks they're going to get into a CEO position of a company they didn't start is probably delusional though getting there is not impossible. But financial success in life has a lot more to do with how we operate outside of the workplace and not as much to do with how much we get paid. I think this is where the biggest problem is. I have a manager right now who is a terrible leader but who gets paid a lot of money. She is retirement age and yet can't retire because she spends too much and thus has to continue to stay in her current position until she can afford to leave LOL.

I am fine with my own payrate, too. I shopped around for this job and was very specific about how much I wanted to make. I had interviews and job offers but I wasn't going to take anything that didn't fit my specific parameters. I was not going to lose my life to a long commute and I wasn't going to take less than I knew I was worth. Everyone at my job absolutely fucking loves me, my competence level is high, I am saving my department alone a shit ton of money each year through new strategies for how we do things, and I bring a lot of fresh ideas to the table. I should be getting promoted into our head office in a relatively short space of time which means a big pay raise for me and a lot of nice bells and whistles with it. But I don't intend to get "rich" off my paycheque alone. I intend to adopt a more frugal lifestyle, buy things that will last me a significant amount of time, drive my car until it costs more to repair than it does to buy a new one and when I do get a new one get the most efficient and cost effective car there is out there. All this while having ZERO debts, investing my money smartly over a long period of time and making sure I am building up my savings and assets while I am at it.

I think it's a bit short sighted to think anyone can simply just get paid more and live at the top end of the financial bracket when there are so many other ways outside of work that this can be done. I also intend to take my writing off the ground, freelance, get into things that I am passionate about on the side and make money off of that. Not only that, I am in a partnership that facilitates this kind of living and financial lifestyle. Even without investing we should be able to retire early and comfortably.

So this is what I mean when I think it's pathetic that people limit themselves to their current job and don't think outside the box in terms of how to help themselves and move forward financially. I think it's kind of sick to bank everything on a job... I don't want to work to live. I want to work to get myself into a position where I can sustain myself and then spend more of my time indulging my passions.

Here we have another display of humanity's maliciousness towards one another. Why in the world would you think it's okay to have control over another person's livelihood?

People want justice and fairness? Here's a solution: they should think up a way to have control over their own wages, to pay themselves what they think they deserve.

But no, they want to bring down the top dog, who's probably worked really hard (or really smart) to get there and who's probably taking on responsibilities that would make the average person lose sleep at night. All to make themselves feel good about their own failures and incompetencies in life, instead of elevating themselves.

Rationalize it all you want, but that's what this whole motion comes down to: humans being despicable.

Seek autonomy in your life, not tyranny over that of others.

Last edited:
Here we have another display of humanity's maliciousness towards one another. Why in the world would you think it's okay to have control over another person's livelihood?

The CEO has control over other peoples livlihood...why is that ok?

People want justice and fairness? Here's a solution: they should think up a way to have control over their own wages, to pay themselves what they think they deserve.

Yeah...get rid of CEO's and run workers cooperatives instead

Many CEO's are overpaid schmucks who sap off the labours of the people underneath them who are the actual dooers who get things done

But no, they want to bring down the top dog, who's probably worked really hard (or really smart) to get there and who's probably taking on responsibilities that would make the average person lose sleep at night.

I have to strongly disagree with this one!

I knew a lot of people at university and the ones that were from powerful families were often complete fucktards who just spent their time partying and doing crappy degrees and the guys form average families were often hard working and got good grades for good degrees, but the fucktards went on to get top job positions with massive bonus pay

It's called 'nepotism' or 'old school ties' and there's a lot of it

The guys at the top are often not there because they are the most talented they are often there because they are the best connected

Then there are those that have pushed their way to the top because they exhibit psychopathic traits like the banker in hong kong who was arrested recently for killing two women; these guys are promoted because they are willing to screw over the public for quick profits and that is why the british PM is now warning the world about what i have been saying here for years which is that the global economy is about to hit major problems again (except this time we haven't got the funds to bail it out): http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ns-of-new-global-economic-crisis-9864307.html

So the 'top dog' in our current society is often the most well connected or the most criminally insane

All to make themselves feel good about their own failures and incompetencies in life, instead of elevating themselves.

Rationalize it all you want, but that's what this whole motion comes down to: humans being despicable.

Many people are victims of the system

But i do believe people should begin to empower themsevles by starting their own companies and ideally these should be cooperatives; lets hope increased awareness sees more of that kind of activity but in the current system this is often an uphill battle because the system and the culture it has created to sustain itself is geared towards hierarchical corporations (because it is itself one)

Seek autonomy in your life, not tyranny over that of others.

yes but the people who you need to tell that most to is the CEO's except most will not listen because they are high on the psychopathy scale and are completely disconnected from their hearts

Last edited: