Would you have a relationship with another INFJ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Would you have a relationship with another INFJ?

Would I have a relationship with another INFJ?
I doubt that I've met one, and if I do The last thing I would do is avoid them.. 'someone like me? EXCITING!' But in the long run, I don't think I'll be able to handle it, I'm gonna go berserk. It's the reason why I hang out with the loudest people in class, they make me sane.

it wouldnt stop me from being with someone i felt a connection to! i think it could definitely be great!

but if things went really wrong it could become kind of like when theres a derelict house full of cats, and the cats dont really form a pack or care for each other, they just get all feral and mangy and gross and territorial without humans looking after them properly. cats can be such lovely animals, but in the wrong situation things can go bad. thats absolute worst case scenario though i think.

Reactions: Scientia
it wouldnt stop me from being with someone i felt a connection to! i think it could definitely be great!

but if things went really wrong it could become kind of like when theres a derelict house full of cats, and the cats dont really form a pack or care for each other, they just get all feral and mangy and gross and territorial without humans looking after them properly. cats can be such lovely animals, but in the wrong situation things can go bad. thats absolute worst case scenario though i think.

This forum is freakishly obsessed with cats. Only here would an mbti same type relationship thread devolve into a cat simile! Get a hold of yourselves.

It's because you INFJs secretly know that cats rule everything, and as such, you must show respect and pay homage else risk an assassination in the dead of night with fur and claws flying everywhere. :D

I've been contemplating this and the reason that I'm not sure if being with an INFJ would be the best thing for me is because I think that I need someone that helps me bring out some aspects of me that are weak.

I became close friend with an ESFP because he helped me stand up for myself more and have more fun in my life, probably the two things I need to work on the most. If I were with somebody too similar to me we might actually just end up encouraging each other's weaknesses.

I would definitely consider being in a relationship with an INFJ. I'm just not sure that it is as ideal as it may seem.

I've been contemplating this and the reason that I'm not sure if being with an INFJ would be the best thing for me is because I think that I need someone that helps me bring out some aspects of me that are weak.

I became close friend with an ESFP because he helped me stand up for myself more and have more fun in my life, probably the two things I need to work on the most. If I were with somebody too similar to me we might actually just end up encouraging each other's weaknesses.

I would definitely consider being in a relationship with an INFJ. I'm just not sure that it is as ideal as it may seem.

same. i need someone to help ground me. could be another infj... on the other hand, could not be. :)

same. i need someone to help ground me. could be another infj... on the other hand, could not be. :)

yes, grounding, I definitely need grounding

INFJs should take any recessive traits linked to the NiFe gene into consideration before mating with each other.

If not married and younger, yes.

If age mattered...

Last edited:
I've met other INFJs and never been interested romantically.

Also I am almost ALWAYS attracted to Perceivers. I need to be the only intense stubborn bossy-pants. They need to be laid back and submissive. ;)
(not meant to be referencing anything sexual....lol)

Dear God, no. I need to remain somewhat a mystery in relationships, and an INFJ would not facilitate that need.

My last one failed because he could not address conflict. He'd push it under the bush and too much resentment built up. I'm certainly not the bossy type, but when something is legitimately wrong and it cannot be addressed (and it affects me too)...No. Just no. I want open and honest communication, I want to be able to resolve conflict like adults - conflict is not personal, just sometimes crap needs to be taken care of. Letting it build up just makes more problems. I'm not mean about conflict either, I just address problems as they are, because isn't the point of addressing conflict getting right to the problem?

I recently took an official MBTI test and it said I was INTJ. I guess I should be looking for an assertive ENFP huh? Or maybe another INTJ.

relationships are not bound or defined by type, but by individual. Two "INFJs" can have a great relationship, because the two respective individuals work well together, two other "INFJs" can have an unhealthy relationship because they cannot.

Reactions: hush
I'm not interested in a romantic relationship, but if I were, sure. Actually, I think I'd do better with someone more like me.

Reactions: MrSquared
I'm in a relationship with an INFJ man. We're both very much in love. It has been the single most intense, passionate, and turbulent relationship of my life, and I wouldn't (couldn't?) have it any other way. It's not for everyone, and a lot of patience is required from both people, but the depth, trust, and intimacy that results (and grows) is like nothing else I've ever experienced with a man. He has said the same things about how he feels about me as a woman. Storms and rainbows...sometimes at the same time.

I think it would be amazing and difficult at the same time. If communication styles are not compatible, though, it could end badly.

I would.
I think that another INFJ would be a good partner, but I've never met another INFJ in person so I can't honestly tell.
As for the INFJ's being a bit bossy, I do not see that as such a bad trait. It's good if someone can hold their own and has their own will as long as they aren't oppressive in doing so.
You don't want to hear: I don't mind/Whatever you want/I'm ok with anything you choose. for every question you ask of a girl right ? cause that would be a doll, not a partner.
And I don't know about you lot but I seek a partner.

But I also do not think that there is not a type that I would specifically choose to avoid for relationships either.

I do prefer other introverts (but not exclusively so) in general, but I do need them to open up a little to me.
Cause I also want depth, trust and intimacy. If you cannot have and give that mutually in a relationship then why bother?

Reactions: Scientia
Only thing fearful to me about being with another INFJ is becoming slothful because we're so accepting of each other!
I don't fear lack of extroversion because we would both have Fe, so that comes in handy!
But I wouldn't be able to get away with things that much because the other INFJ would see into my soul and motivations! ( but it does beat having to explain yourself all the time.)

I don't know. All I know is:
He better be a team player
He better be able to cuddle
Have the same beliefs/values
Has to be cute
And has to be an Aquarius

That's not too much to ask for!