Would you have a relationship with another INFJ? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Would you have a relationship with another INFJ?

My Life With An INFJ
(A brief play in several words)

Scene: An indoor environment. Tables, chairs, lights. Soft, romantic music plays.

THEM: I'm an INFJ!
ME: Yes, I see.
THEM: I'm an INFJ!
ME: Uhuh.

FINIS

Reactions: acd
I don't think it is up to me. I'm only attracted to Sagittarius INTJs.
(Not intentionally.... it just is that way.)

Hypothetically, being w/ another INFJ would be so harmonious it would likely lead to our demise because we would forget the outside world and responsibilities while we sit in bed sharing our deepest, thoughts and appreciation for one another.... ad infinitum.

OR I'd become annoyed because my partner would never shut up about how he is so rare and unique... and I'd keep saying, "I do that, too." ad infinitum.

I once read that a study was done analyzing the types of a bunch of couples. They ranked satisfaction in a relationship based on type. The results didn't really surprise me. The #1 most satisfying match for a couple was between two infjs. So based on my views about relationships (that similarity is a key for compatibility and satisfaction within a relationship), I would definitely date a mature infj female. Although other types (like enfp) could definitely work as well. As an infj, I don't think I would be very compatible with someone who isn't an intuitive feeler. But I could be wrong.

OR I'd become annoyed because my partner would never shut up about how he is so rare and unique... and I'd keep saying, "I do that, too." ad infinitum.

But that sounds like the INTJ I was dating. It was all about him. INFJs love to listen and ask questions.

I think that sounds more like an INFP who thinks they're an INFJ. The majority of infjs I've spoken with don't mention that at all. maybe its because I'm an infj too ? but well that OR is not something I think you will encounter with someone who is an infj as well :p I also found that very few INFJ's do their part in carrying a conversation or maintaining contact, even though this is a common complaint they have in others as such, I think the time between two infjs will likely hold long moments of silence with the occasional avalanche of highly interesting questions, which will likely come predominantly from the more assertive infj of the two. but that's just conjecture on my part based on the majority of my experiences on talking with other infjs :p

As an infj, I don't think I would be very compatible with someone who isn't an intuitive feeler. But I could be wrong.
Hmm whilst I prefer intuitives too, I think sensors with a feeling function would be compatible with me as well. My best friend is an ISFP, and if I met a girl even remotely like him, I'd definitely be compatible.

INFJs love to listen and ask questions.
Yea, I do, but the majority of the INFJ's I speak with don't ask many questions :p I think it's a lot more listening than asking questions :p

No. INFJs smell.

Reactions: Artisan
I think that sounds more like an INFP who thinks they're an INFJ. The majority of infjs I've spoken with don't mention that at all. maybe its because I'm an infj too ? but well that OR is not something I think you will encounter with someone who is an infj as well :p I also found that very few INFJ's do their part in carrying a conversation or maintaining contact, even though this is a common complaint they have in others as such, I think the time between two infjs will likely hold long moments of silence with the occasional avalanche of highly interesting questions, which will likely come predominantly from the more assertive infj of the two. but that's just conjecture on my part based on the majority of my experiences on talking with other infjs :p

For the most part I agree with you. Most INFJs I know (self included) have a similar attitude, but when INFJs are going through "stuff" (heartbreak, disappointments, etc) and feeling more alone, they can get very, "I'm alone in this world! Nobody understand me!!!" especially with those they feel comfortable opening up to. But I've also heard the same phrases from INTJs and INFPs during their "down times".

As for conversations - Left to their own devices, I agree, but I think it depends on conditioning - the roles we've been forced to play in work and family. INFJs are good with people and can sometimes act extroverted, and we're sometimes forced to be that way more than we'd really choose, or as a means to an end. But yes, in my long-term relationship w/ my INTJ, we can go hours without speaking, and our conversations are usually about things we must discuss, deep topics, or a joke we're both thinking about (silently) at the same time, then one of us says it out loud, but we don't "chat".

Does that makes sense?

Reactions: Artisan
If he's able to keep the conversation going and interesting; then I guess I would. Even though we'd be the same type, it would have to click. I'd prefer it if he was more talkative than me, or just about the same but with the ability to get me out of my shell more. I don't think I've ever met another INFJ in real life- so I think it would be very interesting to meet a like-minded individual.

where you live?