Would you drink a bulletproof coffee? | INFJ Forum

Would you drink a bulletproof coffee?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
There's a trend apparently sweeping the US, maybe just in paleo circles, for drinking a concoction which is two parts butter, one part oil and one part coffee.

I heard about it because apparently they use an Irish butter called Kerrymaid or Kerrygold or something like that.

Would you drink something like that? I'm not sure its healthy let alone anything else, the taste could or I imagine should be aways off. Kind of makes me wonder if its a prank campaign or something.

That is just about the grossest sounding thing evah. I won't even drink regular coffee or coffee in any form. But oil? Butter is all kinds of yummy when melty and on something good but drink it? Ewwwww

I dont think butter is as bad as we are told it is

I think margerine is bad for us

I eat organic butter and keep it out of the fridge so its spreadable

Why use a butter substitute when we have butter?

I think there are a couple of mentalities at play here. First, there's a huge disconnection between the governmental system and the people of America. It's as though we're all just dumb sheep, and the government is checking in with us just to see what our take is on things. But there's no real development of trust between the government and "the people", and there's a huge "spirit" (or mentality) of distrust on the people of America. It's largely based on the thought that since the government is so disconnected from us, they must be hiding something from us. Plus, we've seen enough crooked politicians - though great men will make great mistakes - that there's automatically a false sense of defense whenever a new one rises to place. I don't know. I'm just ranting now.

Oh, AND I think the average American person lives such a mediocre life brainwashed by Hollywood and the media that it's easy to get caught up in the idea that we may just be living out our own movies with the government as the villain of the plot. There's something intrinsic to human nature that makes us want to be protagonists, and whatever cause we pick up we just have to fight for. Maybe this is just one of those things.

I find butter to be a bit nasty and I rarely use it for anything, real nor fake. Sure as hell not in my coffee.

I'd drink it to try it, why not?

Reactions: the
Ill put cream in my coffee sometimes, sometimes honey. Mostly I drink it black so no, no I would not put butter in my coffee.

I dont think butter is as bad as we are told it is

I think margerine is bad for us

I eat organic butter and keep it out of the fridge so its spreadable

Why use a butter substitute when we have butter?

You're missing out.

I genuinely can't believe it's not butter. Every time.

You'll never know that feeling. I utterly, butterly pity you.

Also, yeah, Kerrygold is a brand here. I think that's real butter.
The drink sounds pretty vile. No thanks.
What's in the butterbeer they sell at Harry Potter attractions? Anyone know?

Reactions: muir
You're missing out.

I genuinely can't believe it's not butter. Every time.

You'll never know that feeling. I utterly, butterly pity you.

Also, yeah, Kerrygold is a brand here. I think that's real butter.
The drink sounds pretty vile. No thanks.
What's in the butterbeer they sell at Harry Potter attractions? Anyone know?

I just burst out laughing reading this. What is my deal? wowowow

I also second...what is in butterbeer?

Don't bother calling yourself an innovator if you won't try something new.

They drink something similar in Tibet - Butter tea. It already had to be one of the nastiest things I've heard of, right up there alongside Haggis, the addition of coffee just makes me want to gag that much more.

There's a trend apparently sweeping the US, maybe just in paleo circles, for drinking a concoction which is two parts butter, one part oil and one part coffee.

I heard about it because apparently they use an Irish butter called Kerrymaid or Kerrygold or something like that.

Would you drink something like that? I'm not sure its healthy let alone anything else, the taste could or I imagine should be aways off. Kind of makes me wonder if its a prank campaign or something.

It doesn't sound that bad to me xD. I'd be willing to try it *Brews coffee and puts butter in it*

just read about it. this is all marketing for some health food start up. I would avoid.

I had the butterbeer, and it tasted like a butterscotch slushee. It was delicious.

As far as butter in the coffee, I would try it, but it sounds gross. Then again, aren't
most of those flavored coffee creamers oil-based?

I think there are a couple of mentalities at play here. First, there's a huge disconnection between the governmental system and the people of America. It's as though we're all just dumb sheep, and the government is checking in with us just to see what our take is on things. But there's no real development of trust between the government and "the people", and there's a huge "spirit" (or mentality) of distrust on the people of America. It's largely based on the thought that since the government is so disconnected from us, they must be hiding something from us. Plus, we've seen enough crooked politicians - though great men will make great mistakes - that there's automatically a false sense of defense whenever a new one rises to place. I don't know. I'm just ranting now.

what the fuck are you talking about?
I thought this was about coffee

I had the butterbeer, and it tasted like a butterscotch slushee. It was delicious.

As far as butter in the coffee, I would try it, but it sounds gross. Then again, aren't
most of those flavored coffee creamers oil-based?

Just about everything organic has some oil in it, including the coffee itself.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's good to dump a tub of Crisco in one's coffee just to try something new.

Some times when we were kids we'd come up with some of the nastiest stuff we could think of and pretend it's delicious just to get somebody to try it.