[INFJ] - Would you describe yourself rather as chaotic or organised? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Would you describe yourself rather as chaotic or organised?

Are you rather

• chaotic

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • organised

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
It depends on the subject matter.
I'm organized about anything that needs to be organized.
I'm chaotic where I find benefit in freedom.

My idea of a perfect vacation is to go somewhere and explore freely, with only loose plans. My idea of a fun day is having the freedom to do whatever I want. My art studio is a mess. I make room so others can be comfortable being themselves around me.

I organize chores and errands so I can get the most done in the least amount of time. My house is clean and neat. I file all my paperwork. My perfumes are organized by type. (-So is my make-up.) My towels and blankets are all folded and in their own closets. I have labeled flat files for all my artwork.

I like the idea of being organised but I've not managed it yet. All I did was tidy my desk and move some clothes from a chair to the floor and I needed a break which involved a few cups of coffee and twice as many cigarettes. But, hey, I'm not using cups as ashtrays anymore!

Organized.

When I was in undergrad I'd have a schedule. I'd follow it unless I couldn't get to sleep or had a task which dragged on into the next day. I'd attack my assignments and do them quickly. Yeah, I'd fuck tests pretty hard. Another thing I'd do was wake up early. It wasn't until my last semester that I really relaxed.

I have reasons for why I do things. I like concentrating my effort in life. For me life is total war and I will make any sacrifice for complete victory.

obama_peace.jpg

I try very hard to not make messes to begin with because when I allow it to happen it pretty much stays that way for a good while.
My intent is organization. My execution is semi-chaotic.

@Sandie33

Kaboom!

View attachment 47476

Francis Bacon in his art studio. It's kind of horrifying to me, but he was brilliant, so....
How does your garden grow? :p
@Asa
Yes, mine is not quite as dastardly...lol, but, I tell myself I know where everything is! I think :blush: He was brilliant...I never did get the theory behind Cubism though until I started quilting.

Mostly chaotic, both within and without. There is always something. But I'm not devoid of organisation, and there are situations that I always keep pretty neat.

Therefore I'm to rather equal parts chaotic and organised. Things of permanence are organised and most of the rest is just not yet conceptualised and thus chaotic.

Just like many have already said, it's the intention :D. My art stuff or area looks like abandoned apartment. But funny enough I like being organized. I'm good at organizing computer files and outlining thoughts. I can organize and outline an essay or article. So yeah, I guess it depends. I like the thought of being organized but I'm not good at organizing physical space. May need to ask my assistant (me) to consult Marie Kondo. :D

I always make messes but I get all twitchy and irritated if my environment isn’t orderly, lolol. So I spend a lot of time cleaning up after myself..
This is most evident when it comes to clothes! I try on different outfits and leave clothes laying around :grin:

I try very hard to not make messes to begin with because when I allow it to happen it pretty much stays that way for a good while.
My intent is organization. My execution is semi-chaotic.

Yep, like @neko, this is a great description for me, too.

You know what? I have no idea how to answer this.

Mentally I can be quite systematic. Things go in lists, tables or other structures.

My environment is built like a work of mathematical harmony; all the appliances are set up perfectly, in cool ways. Hidden cables, all that. Everything has a place.

However, I am absolutely unfazed if things get messy for a while. Actually that's not quite true - I'll be about 10% fazed, which will gradually tick up the longer I leave it. I am a periodic tidier and cleaner. I have a limit of mess, and when I reach that limit, the slate will be wiped clean in a kind of Blitzreinigen (no apologies for that pseudo-German); until I reach that limit, though, I will be mostly unmoved.

It is like a work of grand architecture: here, the golden ratio, there a glorious arch.

Yeah? But it's covered in pigeon shit.

Yes, yes it is.

@Deleted member 16771 - that sounds a lot like my house. Both my SO and I are similar. Is your INFJ SO similar?
Hmm, she's interested in the design, aesthetic and shape of a space in the same way, but is much more concerned with 'clean and tidy'. She can't really bear untidiness, though you'd never know because she isn't 'in your face' about it. She cleans up and organises things to de-stress sometimes, and might rearrange a room I think to give that sense of 'a fresh start' (which I do too).

When I tidy up properly, I enjoy it for the sense of accomplishment and perfection, but she really enjoys it a whole lot more. Sometimes she's like a tidy elf; I'll leave the room briefly, only to return and notice that things look different, but she somehow hasn't moved, or I'll realise later that my undershirts have been folded... She actually enjoys washing up after dinner more than cooking, which is ideal for me because I like cooking but washing up is a chore (except polishing and oiling the wok... I like that for some reason).

What type is your SO, Asa?

Hmm, she's interested in the design, aesthetic and shape of a space in the same way, but is much more concerned with 'clean and tidy'. She can't really bear untidiness, though you'd never know because she isn't 'in your face' about it. She cleans up and organises things to de-stress sometimes, and might rearrange a room I think to give that sense of 'a fresh start' (which I do too).

When I tidy up properly, I enjoy it for the sense of accomplishment and perfection, but she really enjoys it a whole lot more. Sometimes she's like a tidy elf; I'll leave the room briefly, only to return and notice that things look different, but she somehow hasn't moved, or I'll realise later that my undershirts have been folded... She actually enjoys washing up after dinner more than cooking, which is ideal for me because I like cooking but washing up is a chore (except polishing and oiling the wok... I like that for some reason).

What type is your SO, Asa?
a tidy elf :tearsofjoy: