Would you become a member of a political party to get a job? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Would you become a member of a political party to get a job?

Sure I would, whatever. I won't vote anyways, I'm too ignorant of the media to make a truly honest decision.

I see that [MENTION=2300]Siamese cat[/MENTION] resolved her dilemma. I think she made a good choice.

I now feel free to say that for years, people in my life have tried to convince me to join a political party for the potential benefits and supposedly what I could bring to it, which I believe is nothing. It won't ever happen for the following reason. When I was in uni, I met a guy who 13 years after the fact, was a psychological mess after witnessing his politician father being tortured to death with a clothes iron, in the name of politics. I despise politicians for their ruthlessness and unethical, inhuman behaviour. They may behave a little differently in each country but they never stop being brutes.

Reactions: Siamese cat
I would start working for either party tomorrow if I were to be able to help share my thoughts regarding world politics and such, though I think I could serve one party's views better. I fear some others may think I was rubbing against the grain, though they should at least give ear to what my spirit has to say to them. They have in the past, though not always: much to be expected. I would truthfully like to help. Insurance, retirement, and benefits sound good, too. I would seek to earn it. Can I count this as a job application to the gov? Didn't think so. Too bad, as I am serious.

So, it would make a difference regarding the job for me to be happy. I don't have to always be happy, though I have started seeking happiness the older I get.

Family is not an issue with me, as I am not young and have already paved that road.

@Siamese cat, would you move for the job at your age? Just curious.

I would like to add that exchanging words and thoughts with specific people in politics can be very rewarding, though I have never considered trying to use one of them to try and get a specific job. I would guess one's reason(s) for getting a little involved may say a lot to them in regards to anything you might want or say.

@bickelz

I'm not saying you are wrong or right about this, actually I think this is a matter of opinion really, but why do you think that joining a political party is less of a moral stretch than joining a religion?

And I think you are right, it has everything to do with what makes a person uncomfortable.

@SiameseCat Personally, yes I think it is more of a moral stretch to make someone join a religion than a political party because I think joining a religion has more extreme connotations that come with it, in my opinion. I feel like there is a guilt factor for not being there.

But that's just me. Others may think something completely different due to experiences. This also has a lot to do with my wanting to join a party.

Reactions: Siamese cat
I would start working for either party tomorrow if I were to be able to help share my thoughts regarding world politics and such, though I think I could serve one party's views better. I fear some others may think I was rubbing against the grain, though they should at least give ear to what my spirit has to say to them. They have in the past, though not always: much to be expected. I would truthfully like to help. Insurance, retirement, and benefits sound good, too. I would seek to earn it. Can I count this as a job application to the gov? Didn't think so. Too bad, as I am serious.

So, it would make a difference regarding the job for me to be happy. I don't have to always be happy, though I have started seeking happiness the older I get.

Family is not an issue with me, as I am not young and have already paved that road.

@Siamese cat, would you move for the job at your age? Just curious.

I would like to add that exchanging words and thoughts with specific people in politics can be very rewarding, though I have never considered trying to use one of them to try and get a specific job. I would guess one's reason(s) for getting a little involved may say a lot to them in regards to anything you might want or say.

[MENTION=680]just me[/MENTION]

I would probably move for a job at my age, though that would depend on the job and place I would have to move.

Why do you ask? Do you see some parallel between that and joining a party for a job?

Sorry for a late response.

@just me

I would probably move for a job at my age, though that would depend on the job and place I would have to move.

Why do you ask? Do you see some parallel between that and joining a party for a job?

Sorry for a late response.

Being older and settled down, I had to ask so I could weigh your response with my thoughts. Moving isn't out of the question for me, but would at least seem to be easier earlier in life. That, of course, could depend upon entirely too many variables. I was just curious.