Would ever want to live in space? | INFJ Forum

Would ever want to live in space?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Would you ever want to live in space? Why?

Last edited:
As a space pirate. Why? Because space pirate.

[video=youtube;o-tXVvubOwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-tXVvubOwI[/video]

Im in space right now riding a habitable spaceship moving at thousands mph.

Thinking of a moon or mars based establishment fully dependant on receiving life sustaining supplies from a government. ..it seems like almost all of a particular inclined political mindset would think this type of establishment to be their envisioned utopia.

I cant think of a better endeavor than to move said politically inclined to these locations at the soonest possible time.

Having said that yes I think I would like to live in space on my own ship.

No-oooo-oooo-ooo!

Space sounds terrible. Extremely cold, no oxygen and no climate. Even if all of those things were there, why leave Earth? We haven't destroyed it yet!

No, the whole idea of it makes me scared. :m162:

Well, it's hard to say; I've never lived in space before, so I don't know if I'd enjoy it.

What I do know is that I find space to be lovely and infinitely fascinating and intriguing, and the idea of being able to at least explore it exciting.

Space has captured the attention of my heart and my mind ever since I was a wee lass (there's SO MUCH out there!), so yes, I'd say I'd at least like to explore it.

Now all I gotta do is convince NASA that I'm a worthy candidate.

Does NASA do resumes? I imagine it's a lengthy process. I guess I'd just print out a copy of this and hand it to them:

fun-cat-picture-caught-the-red-dot.jpg

With current technology? lol fuck no.
Star Trek technology? sure, but I wouldn't want to do that super long term. You'll need to reconnect with life as we're used to on Earth. It would be cool to have my own small ship, and I travel to different planets and attractions.

I like to stargaze, but I doubt that I could ever enjoy living in a space station.

No, no, and triple no. Two words: Spaceflight osteopenia.

That being said, I would be thrilled at the possibility of actually visiting space, though.

We already live in space.

Don't believe me?

Wait till it gets dark, then look up

With current technology, yes but as long as it is less than a year at any given time. With science fiction type technology, absolutely. I would save up every dime and buy myself a ship and become a merchant vessel. If pasts lives are real, I could have definitely seen myself as the explorer or wild west type. A complete lack of structure and the opportunity to create something suites me.

I don't believe I could handle living in space. All that endless velvety blackness. Is there a word for the opposite of claustrophobia? The inestimable riches of earth--sky, clouds, wind, trees, color, life, flora and fauna and seasons and the waxing and waning of day and night--all seem humanly and psychologically necessary for us. We were made for this place, and we couldn't readily adjust to living in tin cans or squarely faced with an unfathomable black abyss.

But I've always wanted to visit various points in space. Other stars, planets, nebulae... I wouldn't know where to begin.

Distances and travel times are too great in comparison to our sense of the passage of time (and our lifespan).

If it was more like sci-fi with warp-drive and hyper-space, etc. It might be interesting.

If it would mean traveling speeds as seen in sci-fi like starwars, yea. I'd totally travel among-st the stars.