Women Protesting Trump | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Women Protesting Trump

You don't know what an argument is you fucking moron.

63129164.jpg

@JJJA
Oh and he is eliminating tax credits that helped single parents survive since wages never increase here.

• Trump’s plan eliminates the head of household filing status, which provides a larger deduction than the single deduction. That could increase taxes for some single parents.
  • Large families also could pay more in taxes, because Trump’s plan, which raises the standard deduction, eliminates personal exemptions. That could increase taxes for some families with three or more children.
  • Trump’s plan cuts off his average $5,000 child care tax deduction at age 13, so families with older children likely would not have their tax bills cut by 30 percent or 35 percent. (that he claims)
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/trumps-tax-cut-claims/

I'd like someone here to name me a valid justification for protesting Trump's presidency on the basis of women's rights. Would anybody like to name an example of Trump threatening their rights as women?
You must not be paying attention.. Or maybe you're just playing daft because you like Trump and don't care about women's issues anyway. Since running as a Republican, he has opposed abortion and promised to appoint prolife Supreme Court justices to have Roe V Wade overturned.

Last edited:
You must not be paying attention.
After the election, it's going to take more than pink pussycat hats and indignation to get people to pay attention. The media might smooch up to events, but newsflash: this government is not effectively influenced by the media. (Pun intended).

Real issues, with coherent policy proposals are more significant to the government now, than whether someone boasts about having grabbed others by the pussy/balls/nose/etc.

Reactions: Sriracha
After the election, it's going to take more than pink pussycat hats and indignation to get people to pay attention. The media might smooch up to events, but newsflash: this government is not effectively influenced by the media. (Pun intended).

Real issues, with coherent policy proposals are more significant to the government now, than whether someone boasts about having grabbed others by the pussy/balls/nose/etc.
Come on Flavus, you know there's a lot more to it than that. If you don't give a shit about women's issues that's fine, but there's clearly more at stake than Trump having bragged about grabbing some pussy years ago.

My opinion that EVERYONE cares for is that disagreements can be discussed in a calm way. Otherwise if you can't do that, you've likely already lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sriracha and acd
Come on Flavus, you know there's a lot more to it than that. If you don't give a shit about women's issues that's fine, but there's clearly more at stake than Trump having bragged about grabbing some pussy years ago.
I acknowledge that "women's issues" is not a closed case. I am trivialising the trivial, not the more substantial points. The women's march website was sensible, although it didn't seem to have a sense of where things need to come in terms of national priorities.

I think non-gender specific policies probably need to take priority right now... it's not like the last decade has been stagnant on gender issues.

I acknowledge that "women's issues" is not a closed case. I am trivialising the trivial, not the more substantial points. The women's march website was sensible, although it didn't seem to have a sense of where things need to come in terms of national priorities.

I think non-gender specific policies probably need to take priority right now... it's not like the last decade has been stagnant on gender issues.
I agree that non gender specific policies should take priority. It would be great if Republicans could focus on other issues and drop the one about women's reproductive rights.

Reactions: Skarekrow
I agree that non gender specific policies should take priority. It would be great if Republicans could focus on other issues and drop the one about women's reproductive rights.
Perhaps they will, but I think it's something their voter base could not digest.

Sometimes a strategy of supporting a policy, but consigning it to impossibility is adopted. Trump has to make noise about it, I don't think he has a choice.

(I have my own opinions on the matter, in respect of whether due consideration has been given to whether fetuses should be conceded rights... but that's not how this topic is being framed).

Perhaps they will, but I think it's something their voter base could not digest.

Sometimes a strategy of supporting a policy, but consigning it to impossibility is adopted. Trump has to make noise about it, I don't think he has a choice.

(I have my own opinions on the matter, in respect of whether due consideration has been given to whether fetuses should be conceded rights... but that's not how this topic is being framed).
The right has co opted religion in the US. Trump did pander to the evangelicals by promising to overturn Roe v. Wade... And they in turn excused all of his moral shortcomings by comparing him to King David. I would hope it is an impossibility and just lip service. I don't like the idea of the Supreme Court overturning people's rights based on their religious convictions.

The right has co opted religion in the US. Trump did pander to the evangelicals by promising to overturn Roe v. Wade... And they in turn excused all of his moral shortcomings by comparing him to King David. I would hope it is an impossibility and just lip service. I don't like the idea of the Supreme Court overturning people's rights based on their religious convictions.
It's always nicer when the left co-opts religion... but that ship sailed and sunk in the 60's.

If the supreme court does a hard turn, I presume contraception will be a resurgent topic.

It's the only moral guide many people in power have.
We have a constitution that should serve as a guide. Not moral maybe, but it's a guide. Imposing ones religion on others is oppressive. I have a lot of respect for people who personally oppose abortion due to their religious convictions, but who understand that their religious convictions are not shared by everyone on this issue and so would not impose their views on others.

We have a constitution that should serve as a guide. Not moral maybe, but it's a guide. Imposing ones religion on others is oppressive. I have a lot of respect for people who personally oppose abortion due to their religious convictions, but who understand that their religious convictions are not shared by everyone on this issue and so would not impose their views on others.
It's a catch 22 situation, where no matter how things go, someone is imposed upon.

If abortion is not permitted, pro-choice women feel that their rights over their own bodies are being taken away. If abortion is allowed, the religious right feel that their right to stop killings is being taken away.

Both are very emotional issues for people, so there will always be passionately upset people regardless of how things turn out.

If abortion is not permitted, pro-choice women feel that their rights over their own bodies are being taken away. If abortion is allowed, the religious right feel that their right to stop killings is being taken away.

Both are very emotional issues for people, so there will always be passionately upset people regardless of how things turn out.
A right to stop killings? Unless it's sending soldiers into war and supporting the death penalty. It's not a right, it's a cherry picked religious conviction. They have a right to not get an abortion if they don't want to.

A right to stop killings? Unless it's sending soldiers into war and supporting the death penalty. It's not a right, it's a cherry picked religious conviction. They have a right to not get an abortion if they don't want to.
I don't understand the emotions people have about some issues, but I know that they are what they are, and are not subject to contrary considerations. The religious right can deal with killing combatants, or threats... but usually in defense of innocents.

It's like trying to get someone to like Brussels sprouts by telling them about their nutritional value... it doesn't change the dislike. The same kind of thing applies on this topic, but 100 x more intensely.