Women Protesting Trump | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Women Protesting Trump

Women protested, wearing 'pussy power hats', because it felt like a punch in the gut to many women that so many Americans (including many women) voted for a man who bragged about 'grabbing them by the pussy' and uses derogatory and misogynistic language. He is a sexist pig http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

I am very proud of all the women who marched. There were well-organized and peaceful demonstrations all over the world.

https://www.womensmarch.com/principles/
"Unity Principles

We believe that Women’s Rights are Human Rights and Human Rights are Women’s Rights. We must create a society in which women - including Black women, Native women, poor women, immigrant women, disabled women, Muslim women, lesbian queer and trans women - are free and able to care for and nurture their families, however they are formed, in safe and healthy environments free from structural impediments.

ENDING VIOLENCE

Women deserve to live full and healthy lives, free of all forms of violence against our bodies. We believe in accountability and justice in cases of police brutality and ending racial profiling and targeting of communities of color. It is our moral imperative to dismantle the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system.

REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS

We believe in Reproductive Freedom. We do not accept any federal, state or local rollbacks, cuts or restrictions on our ability to access quality reproductive healthcare services, birth control, HIV/AIDS care and prevention, or medically accurate sexuality education. This means open access to safe, legal, affordable abortion and birth control for all people, regardless of income, location or education.

LGBTQIA RIGHTS

We firmly declare that LGBTQIA Rights are Human Rights and that it is our obligation to uplift, expand and protect the rights of our gay, lesbian, bi, queer, trans or gender non-conforming brothers, sisters and siblings. We must have the power to control our bodies and be free from gender norms, expectations and stereotypes.

WORKER’S RIGHTS

We believe in an economy powered by transparency, accountability, security and equity. All women should be paid equitably, with access to affordable childcare, sick days, healthcare, paid family leave, and healthy work environments. All workers – including domestic and farm workers, undocumented and migrant workers - must have the right to organize and fight for a living minimum wage.

CIVIL RIGHTS

We believe Civil Rights are our birthright, including voting rights, freedom to worship without fear of intimidation or harassment, freedom of speech, and protections for all citizens regardless of race, gender, age or disability. We believe it is time for an all-inclusive Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

DISABILITY RIGHTS

We believe that all women’s issues are issues faced by women with disabilities and Deaf women. As mothers, sisters, daughters, and contributing members of this great nation, we seek to break barriers to access, inclusion, independence, and the full enjoyment of citizenship at home and around the world. We strive to be fully included in and contribute to all aspects of American life, economy, and culture.

IMMIGRANT RIGHTS

Rooted in the promise of America’s call for huddled masses yearning to breathe free, we believe in immigrant and refugee rights regardless of status or country of origin. We believe migration is a human right and that no human being is illegal.

ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE

We believe that every person and every community in our nation has the right to clean water, clean air, and access to and enjoyment of public lands. We believe that our environment and our climate must be protected, and that our land and natural resources cannot be exploited for corporate gain or greed - especially at the risk of public safety and health."

It doesn't appear to be an anti-trump event. I've been duped by the media coverage.

Women protested, wearing 'pussy power hats', because it felt like a punch in the gut to many women that so many Americans (including many women) voted for a man who bragged about 'grabbing them by the pussy' and uses derogatory and misogynistic language. He is a sexist pig http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

I am very proud of all the women who marched. There were well-organized and peaceful demonstrations all over the world.
If you look at the actual literature for the women's march, it isn't an anti Trump rally. There's nothing in their agenda to presume that there isn't a mixture of pro and anti Trump people in the rallies. Msm skewing strikes again.

It doesn't appear to be an anti-trump event. I've been duped by the media coverage.

It is anti-Trump because he threatens all the rights listed.

Well...its a good thing we have a wall on THAT border.
Oh wait...
You can laugh all you want, but that is a very ferocious and massive crowd of Canadian I'd rather not have on my doorstep if I were Trudeau.

Forget China. Madison was right: it's the Canadians you should fear.

Abortion changes women's lives, by giving them freedom from their bodies and any potential willingness of others to control them through their uterus. It gives them independence and power over their own direction and ability to express themselves in society, and to choose the work by which they will contribute to society. Human rights are very much about individual freedoms, so that individuals are able to freely contribute their voices to a more diverse society. So yes, I think abortion is necessary to human rights, and to deprive women of abortion is a violation of human rights.

Reactions: the and invisible
No, you are wrong. I have been following discussions in private women's groups about this. I actually know what I'm talking about.
We're not discussing private women's groups. This is about the large organised march, which the media is characterising as an anti-Trump demonstration.

Reading their materials about the rally may help you form some relevant points.

Reactions: La Sagna
We're not discussing private women's groups. This is about the large organised march, which the media is characterising as an anti-Trump demonstration.

I also assumed it was anti Trump because though it doesn't explicitly call itself the Anti-Trump March, it is happening in response to his inauguration. And the principles of the March are directly at odds with his agenda. If you look up the Pussy Hat Project it is in response to Trump's "Grab her by her pussy" remark and treatment of women. It's a nice thought that pro and anti Trump protestors could ever join to protest something together though.

I have read it. The groups I'm talking about are run by many of the women who were demonstrating today. But, obviously you would know more then them :astonished:

Reactions: invisible
I also assumed it was anti Trump because though it doesn't explicitly call itself the Anti-Trump March, it is happening in response to his inauguration. And the principles of the March are directly at odds with his agenda. If you look up the Pussy Hat Project it is in response to Trump's "Grab her by her pussy" remark and treatment of women. It's a nice thought that pro and anti Trump protestors could ever join to protest something together though.
I'll never meet him, but I'd encourage him (protest) that he should disavow his previous attitudes to women more strongly than he has... and perhaps either step aside from commenting about women's issues, or support some existing women's support groups. This doesn't mean I don't support his intentions for educational, economic, employment, and formalised immigration outcomes.

I think he wants to do good things, but needs to compromise some of his focus towards compensating for the difficulties changes can create for many people.

Reactions: acd
I have read it. The groups I'm talking about are run by many of the women who were demonstrating today. But, obviously you would know more then them :astonished:
The organisers of the march seem to be wise enough to have made the event about some issues that are important to them, instead of pointlessly descending into personal attacks/abusive rhetoric, nor into partisan posturing. That a broad movement can take in narrow agendas isn't unusual in the least.

The march was of a broader vision than the petty lashing out you are trying to colour it with. Why you wish to dump a pointless steaming turd of petty-mindedness on this women's march is a little beyond me.

A bunch of groups protesting....with no unified message.
Well, your standard liberal cry fest.
What's sad I think is that out of everyone, women really do have the most to complain about regarding Trump. Small though it may be, Trump is responsible for his own words in this regard.
It is difficult to take any opposition groups seriously though when they support B.S. fodder like "Trump is racist!" And absolutely no proof to show for it. It's just one big special snowflake cry fest.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
A bunch of groups protesting....with no unified message.
Well, your standard liberal cry fest.
What's sad I think is that out of everyone, women really do have the most to complain about regarding Trump. Small though it may be, Trump is responsible for his own words in this regard.
It is difficult to take any opposition groups seriously though when they support B.S. fodder like "Trump is racist!" And absolutely no proof to show for it. It's just one big special snowflake cry fest.
Over enthusiasm spilling into nonsensical denouncement is both completely lacking in discipline, and undermines any valid points that may have been mixed in with the hysteria.

Trump isn't liberal women's most effective enemy... they themselves are. If women's issues take a dive into the absurdities collection, it will have been entirely the achievement of women themselves and no one else.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
Over enthusiasm spilling into nonsensical denouncement is both completely lacking in discipline, and undermines any valid points that may have been mixed in with the hysteria.

Trump isn't liberal women's most effective enemy... they themselves are. If women's issues take a dive into the absurdities collection, it will have been entirely the achievement of women themselves and no one else.
A surgical scalpel like this is welcome by those who wish to have the clouds of cataracts removed from their eyes. For those who wish to hide though such as the ostrich, clarity like this is to be shunned and fought at all cost.
Otherwise, the real danger comes into focus. At which point they realize they have been staring into a mirror the whole time.