Why do younger men seek older women? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Why do younger men seek older women?

Honestly, I've dated guys who were over 40 and they were less mature than the guys in their mid-late 20s. Perhaps there was a reason these guys were single after 40 (Peter Pan syndrome? Momma's boys?) or it was just bad luck but I find that I have more in common with guys who are, say, 7 years younger than me that those who are over 40.

I think my mom put it best when I told her that I had broken up with yet another man over age 40. She said to me "Artemisia, men of that age have already been through all the romantic emotions. They come with emotional baggage. Younger men don't have that sort of baggage". I think she is wise.

Perhaps some older men have baggage but in truth, many younger men do as well. Do you exclusively date younger men now, or would you consider a well-adjusted gentleman of your own age?

Perhaps some older men have baggage but in truth, many younger men do as well. Do you exclusively date younger men now, or would you consider a well-adjusted gentleman of your own age?

Younger men may have baggage, but it's much rarer compared to older men. I am 33 and look younger which may explain why I attract guys in their 20s. Would I date a well-adjusted gentleman over 40? Yes, why not. But it would take a while for me to trust him.

[MENTION=11526]Artemisia[/MENTION] - I think anything is okay as long as both people are in the relationship for good reasons. Thanks for your perspective. Enjoy life with your younger man. He is a lucky guy.

Or what about those women who get tired of hearing about topics they don't care about but still humor their date by listening and when they share their own views, are talked over, or expected to simply give lip service to whatever their date is saying? There's always three sides to every coin.
That has happened to me, but I wouldn't bother spending time with someone like that now thankfully.

Reactions: Gaze