Which types are the most like INFJs? | INFJ Forum

Which types are the most like INFJs?

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
I've heard we are quite similar to INTJs and I suppose INFPs must be similar too, are there any surprising ones as far as cognitive functions go?

This may sound weird, but ENFP's. I tend to have a very wild, unpredictable, zany ENFP-ish side to me which shows up a lot in social situations. Obviously, INFJ's and ENFP's are totally different, but I definitely seem to have an ENFP alter-ego.

Just had a look at an ENFP profile, it's interesting because they have the same function order except that our introverted functions are extraverted for them and vice versa. So I can definitely see how if we temporarily swap which functions we extravert we could have that alter-ego. Is that why i'm so cheeky/talkative/playful when I'm around people I'm comfortable with? :p

My best friend is an ENFJ and he's extremely similar to me. I think his Ni is very developed though, and he needs solitary moments too. And My I isn't that strong either...

I'd say INTJs are probably the closest yeah...

SuperFob said:
This may sound weird, but ENFP's. I tend to have a very wild, unpredictable, zany ENFP-ish side to me which shows up a lot in social situations. Obviously, INFJ's and ENFP's are totally different, but I definitely seem to have an ENFP alter-ego.

That's interesting. I have the same thing (I love being like that because it goes with hyperactive, ecstatic moments often). I see it as being my artisan side...

In general though I'm definitely not close to an ENFP.

ENFJ. Although they are defiantly a lot more manipulative.

INTJ is similar in the intellectual sense.

Older INTPs seem a lot like INFJs, but much more laid back.

I've found the INTP to be most compatible "other."

I also think ENTJs take a similar approach to problem solving. The difference is, they want to be in charge, which can work out very well in an INFJ/ENTJ relationship. The INFJ usually doesn't want to be in charge of anything, but wants to have significant influence. ENTJs are generally open to this - they like to rule by getting ideas from others and usually give them credit for their input.