MBTI
infj
Hello all,

Background on me:
29, Masters in Psychology - Marriage & Family Therapy emphasis
Bachelors in Business & Management
Associates Math/Science & Associates Humanities

Last job:
Marriage & Family Therapist Trainee (required to complete degree) - 2/13.

Previous work experience:
Some years in office administration assistance
Some experience in Human Resources

Married and 2 very young kids.

Net worth of about 1.2 million with 15k coming in each month from personal investments and family investments. Money is not a concern right now. But I would like to keep a polished resume, just in case money ever dries up (ya never know - the "J" coming out).

I need help deciding what to do now! I recently moved to Austin for the rich job market and the zero income tax and the desire to try something exciting and new. It is working out great. We are looking to buy a second home (first one in Austin). I currently am enjoying spending awesome time homeschooling our 4 year old with my wife and getting used to all the cool family things in Austin.

Any type of schooling or training I want is paid for, no questions asked (I just have to pass everything).

I enjoyed the whole therapist thing but found it to be not enough hands on work & not very exciting and quite bureaucratic I am a pretty techie guy, but probably won't be managing a database or writing programs anytime soon.

Any suggestions: Volunteering, teaching, getting tech training?

Thanks everyone.

Quite an impressive resume I must say. Perhaps you could go into tech. Maybe a suitable fit for you as you seem to be at your home a lot and so far you have nothing design wise in your list of prior endeavours, not to mention that web design is something that is pretty much never going to become an un needed skill.

What interested you about the field of Psychology and Marriage and Family Therapy to make you want to pursue a Masters Degree in it? What do you mean by "not enough hands on work" and "not very exciting"?

Counseling students on how to make 15k/ month. They will need that after stacking up on student loans.
Get a PhD. just for the hell of it..there's nothing marketable like higher education, right?

You're 29, worth over a million and you're asking US for advice?

Write your memoirs, there's nothing left to achieve besides more of the same.

I think deep down inside she'd like to charter a boat and offer to take the forum on a cruise. :D

I think that this is excellent advice and in my professional opinion the best possible way to spend some of that hard earned cash.

I think deep down inside she'd like to charter a boat and offer to take the forum on a cruise.

If it's a three hour tour count me out. I'm no good with anchors.

:m180:

Hello all,

Background on me:

Last job:

Net worth of about 1.2 million with 15k coming in each month from personal investments and family investments. Money is not a concern right now. But I would like to keep a polished resume, just in case money ever dries up (ya never know - the "J" coming out).

I need help deciding what to do now! I recently moved to Austin for the rich job market and the zero income tax and the desire to try something exciting and new. It is working out great. We are looking to buy a second home (first one in Austin). I currently am enjoying spending awesome time homeschooling our 4 year old with my wife and getting used to all the cool family things in Austin.

Any type of schooling or training I want is paid for, no questions asked (I just have to pass everything).

I enjoyed the whole therapist thing but found it to be not enough hands on work & not very exciting and quite bureaucratic I am a pretty techie guy, but probably won't be managing a database or writing programs anytime soon.

Thanks everyone.

Do something that is good for you and for mankind.

Hi,

From what I can see, it seems what would drive you would be something that is both 'hands on' and 'exciting'.

As a starting point, how about listing what pops into your mind when you think of those words?
It may be just adjectives (that will describe what that actually means to you) or it may be actual jobs you can think of that are exciting and hands on.

Hope this helps!

Catarina

Hello all,

Background on me:
29, Masters in Vibrational Therapy - Marriage emphasis
Bachelors in Shakespearean Flatulence with Minor in Theater
Associates in Animal Husbandry

Last job:
Hand (required to complete training course)

Some years fetching my dad's coffee
Some experience in cult leadership

Married to Russian mail order bride with and 2 very young children arriving shortly on the slow boat.

Hundred-aire with coupons coming in each month from personal investments. Money is not a concern right now. But I would like to keep a polished knob.

I need help deciding on how cool I should sound to my new online friends! I recently moved to Los Banos for the rich job market and awesome weather and the desire to design a desert hardscape. It is working out great. We are looking to buy a second trailer. I currently am enjoying spending awesome time circus training our 4 Capuchin monkeys with my wife and getting used to all the lounging in our fancy Doughboy.

Any type of self-mastubatory/ego-stroking is readily available (no questions asked).

I enjoyed the cult leader thing but found it to be not enough hands on work & not very exciting and quite bureaucratic I am a pretty techie guy when it comes to Ms. Pac Man and Tetris.

Any suggestions: leading the country, rapping, getting my own reality TV show on MTV?

P.S. Can I borrow a $100K? I'll get you back when I get my tax refund.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Hello all,

Background on me:

Last job:

Thanks everyone.

First I dont get it. Second, if you want suggestions, give me some of your money so I can invest it. Ill give you 50% of what I make in profit.