When you notice a person is openly evaluating you.. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

When you notice a person is openly evaluating you..

I am extremely skeptical of others. If someone is openly analyzing me, I will request their intention. If they are simply curious, I will ask what aspect of me made them curious. Many times though, I am not interested to indulge and so I do not. This behavior can sometimes be misinterpreted as me assuming they have nothing to offer or that I am better than them, but that is not the case at all. How do you ask?

The truth is that I perfer to observe, I do not like to be in the spotlight of anyone. If by chance someone has interests or a personality that resonates with mine, then I am confident that I will be shown that over time. Sometimes people do ask questions that perk my interest though, and so I get hooked. Understood.

Overall, I try not to put myself into situations where I am openly analyzed because I often am not interested in it at the time. When the cogs in my head are moving in one direction, it is hard to get them to stop. You will always be in a situation where you are openly analyzed, but by open people. Remember?

I have a hard time maintaining friendships due to this as well. People like me, and I am pleasant to be around, but I am not present (mentally) that often. Nature of the beast I guess.
Understood.

[o_q];222798 said:
I think it's blatant that intellectual attention is not the same as complete strangers looking at you.

I will start a new thread for ya... just had a thought.

Understood.

The way I would ask would depend quite a bit on who was asking me.

Good points, I suppose on this forum I am completely open to analysis, that is kind of the point. I share thoughts and feelings on this forum because it is my way of getting perspectives from people that, first of all, are willing to dig deeper and be patient enough to find and/or understand what I really mean.

Going off on a tangent here, but one of the best aspects of this forum, now that I realize it, is that there is an incredible amount of diversity. Yet the majority of the people here are open enough to offer analysis and take the time to help one another, which is a fascination in itself.

Last edited:
[o_q];222798 said:
I think it's blatant that intellectual attention is not the same as complete strangers looking at you.

Ooooh specification!

:m015::m015::m200::m200:

Specification and monkeys just seem to go hand-in-hand.

[o_q];222798 said:

ok. eff another thread, I'm already a forum question whore..

So what is the difference between your online interactions and your in-person interactions?

I'm sayin, cuz online I'm generally unaware of any attention unless the person is blatant. I usually engage the blatant people because most people won't engage me first. Otherwise, I'm in my own little world.

When interacting offline with other people, I'm mostly the same way.

So to clarify, interactions amongst people that you can touch and see and smell and lick if you choose to.

Last edited:
The way I would ask would depend quite a bit on who was asking me.

Good points, I suppose on this forum I am completely open to analysis, that is kind of the point. I share thoughts and feelings on this forum because it is my way of getting perspectives from people that, first of all, are willing to dig deeper and be patient enough to find and/or understand what I really mean.

Right. I would not share most of this with people I know offline or online. I post stuff I see on here on that Facebook shit and virtual crickets....

I like to always be examining those gray areas, and a lot of people are not willing to do it. It can be scary. I think that prevents me from getting angry a lot of times, when someone else would be angry. A person really has to be really trying hard to get me riled up. Sometimes, even though I am not truly a stoner, I find my mind is like this extreme expanse, and I need to fill it with..stuff...opposing views always bring me knowledge.

Going off on a tangent here, but one of the best aspects of this forum, now that I realize it, is that there is an incredible amount of diversity. Yet the majority of the people here are open enough to offer analysis and take the time to help one another, which is a fascination in itself.

Yeah ;) At least we get it, eh?

*conformity*

[o_q];222826 said:
Specification within a context where the specification is implied, is not usually required.

TP?

So what is the difference between your online interactions and your in-person interactions?
Wait.. You interact with people who are evaluating you?

I'm sayin, cuz online I'm generally unaware of any attention unless the person is blatant. I usually engage the blatant people because most people won't engage me first. Otherwise, I'm in my own little world.
No, I'm not like that. I'm sure you are the way you are for a reason that makes sense, as everyone is.

When interacting offline with other people, I'm mostly the same way.
Do you value that? And by any chance are you imposing these values upon me?

[o_q];222835 said:
Wait.. You interact with people who are evaluating you?

No, I'm not like that. I'm sure you are the way you are for a reason that makes sense, as everyone is.

Yes I do and am.

Do you value that? And by any chance are you imposing these values upon me?

There is no value placement. Just curiosity. So no imposing.

[o_q];222840 said:
Toilet paper within a bathroom where the toilet paper is implied, is not usually required.

false?

OR

huh?

False. Thanks

False. Thanks

invalidargument_2.jpg

[o_q];222915 said:
Who cares, my hair is a bird XD

*shrugs*

I lost whatever the fuck was going on long time ago.

I get pretty unnerved by people doing that. Not too many people do, but sometimes in bookshop cafes I see people watching me on and off.
I end up trying to keep an eye on them without really looking at them XD