When you notice a person is openly evaluating you.. | INFJ Forum

When you notice a person is openly evaluating you..

WellNoWonder

Peace Through Action
Dec 10, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
what do you do?

I don't mean like drooling or ogling. Just evaluating with curiosity

I return the curiosity. Just because I'm curious why the person is curious about me.

No malice from my end at all....

I have done this many times. I just bow against them because i am thankful to them. They are going to know me and they are taking care of my quality.

So in response i become curious to know about them, to know what changes i needed to go forward for anything, anything which has been evaluated by that person. :)

It is good, but i must admit it is tough, too. Just imagine!

So in response i become curious to know about them, to know what changes i needed to go forward for anything, anything which has been evaluated by that person. :)

This resonates in my heart.

I get this a lot, but as I have said before I am told I am intimidating so with a look when I notice they are instantly intimidated and stop their analysis...

I get this a lot, but as I have said before I am told I am intimidating so with a look when I notice they are instantly intimidated and stop their analysis...

Well I'd be curious about you if I observed that happening...

Well I'd be curious about you if I observed that happening...
yes, I admit I am quite the people watcher. I get into the zone so to speak and I can feel myself being watched...then i turn my zoned green eyes on them and bam...trance broken...I dunno...all I wanted was to return the analysis...but something in my eyes always stops em...dont get it..

yes, I admit I am quite the people watcher. I get into the zone so to speak and I can feel myself being watched...then i turn my zoned green eyes on them and bam...trance broken...I dunno...all I wanted was to return the analysis...but something in my eyes always stops em...dont get it..

Ah, the "laser look". I do the same. I don't think I intimidate people like you do though.

Well, hell really, if the person is trying to get all up in your soul, what other reaction should be expected? I think if a person is ready to evaluate, he/she should be prepared to be evaluated also.

Ah, the "laser look". I do the same. I don't think I intimidate people like you do though.

Well, hell really, if the person is trying to get all up in your soul, what other reaction should be expected? I think if a person is ready to evaluate, he/she should be prepared to be evaluated also.
lol! laser look I LOVE THAT! HAHAH!!

its true...

lol! laser look I LOVE THAT! HAHAH!!

its true...

Absolutely. People don't get free passes into my soul.

[o_q];222761 said:
I stare back until they stop.

Why? Of course you knew I was going to ask you that so fess up INTP.

This has really happened to me only a few times....I find it amusing. First because they are interested at all, second because I know they will never get the full picture just by observing...not by a long shot.

In one situation like this I did, over a period of years, get to know one of these people beyond their initial curiosity. It started out on the commuter train...chatting almost every day, grabbing lunch downtown now and then. She was a museum curator....I figured here interest in odd objects had gotten the best of her. We got to be soul friends....her interest (curiosity) and our times of mutual sharing/discussion led to a very deep friendship.

Sadly, I don't see here any more...she had a job change. Oh well, that's life on the train!!

I am extremely skeptical of others. If someone is openly analyzing me, I will request their intention. If they are simply curious, I will ask what aspect of me made them curious. Many times though, I am not interested to indulge and so I do not. This behavior can sometimes be misinterpreted as me assuming they have nothing to offer or that I am better than them, but that is not the case at all.

The truth is that I perfer to observe, I do not like to be in the spotlight of anyone. If by chance someone has interests or a personality that resonates with mine, then I am confident that I will be shown that over time. Sometimes people do ask questions that perk my interest though, and so I get hooked.

Overall, I try not to put myself into situations where I am openly analyzed because I often am not interested in it at the time. When the cogs in my head are moving in one direction, it is hard to get them to stop.

I have a hard time maintaining friendships due to this as well. People like me, and I am pleasant to be around, but I am not present (mentally) that often. Nature of the beast I guess.

[o_q];222773 said:
Well, it depends (on a lot). But in general, I get a lot of attention, and sometimes it's too much.

Well...you want the attention don't you. So you get what you want then you're like stop paying me attention, I got what I wanted.. ??

This has really happened to me only a few times....I find it amusing. First because they are interested at all, second because I know they will never get the full picture just by observing...not by a long shot.

In one situation like this I did, over a period of years, get to know one of these people beyond their initial curiosity. It started out on the commuter train...chatting almost every day, grabbing lunch downtown now and then. She was a museum curator....I figured here interest in odd objects had gotten the best of her. We got to be soul friends....her interest (curiosity) and our times of mutual sharing/discussion led to a very deep friendship.

Sadly, I don't see here any more...she had a job change. Oh well, that's life on the train!!

I'm learning to just Ride With the Train....*rhythmic head-nodding*

[o_q];222783 said:
I do?

Also, your argument is similar to saying: I want sleep, therefore 100 hours of sleep is just as good as 1.

Dude.... lol.

I'm just going by what you said. I don't argue much. I discuss.