When and how will the world end? | INFJ Forum

When and how will the world end?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Some believe it will be in 2012, as the Mayan Calendar, Nostradamus, and the Biblical Code all seemed to suggest. Others think it will be when we enter the 3rd World War and nuclear holocaust devastates the earth. Some feel that our biological engineering will lead to a virus that will wipe out human existence. Others think an asteroid or comet will streak across our sky and treat us to the same show that the dinosaurs witnesses millions of years ago. The possibilities seem endless, so what do you imagine is the most likely scenario? Do you think the world will end in your life time? Or do you think humans will always outsmart their fate?

i don't think humans will outsmart too much, much less fate

according to news, no matter where you look or what you subscribe to, there is too much violence, laws, restrictions upon restrictions against restrictions, and laws to counter other laws to suppress this right or that right, to more violence, bloodshed, and to top it off, war. so it could be that we would have a WWIII or some experiment gone wrong and a deadly virus wipes out much of the world

we could very well be the end itself, destroying ourselves to gain what we dream... peace...

but it is interesting stuff about the Mayan calender and the alignment of the planets and such

The end of the world as we know it will be a direct result of mans trying to save himself, from the end of the world as we know it, man will destroy himself in a futile attempt to try to save himself.

No real reasoning behind this so don't bother asking, I just fancy a lady named irony, despite the cold bitch that she is known to be.

I agree with posters so far. Humans have been known to be very impatient folk always scared of death and wanting to do everything in a single lifetime. Chances are things will screw up.

Motor Jax said:
i don't think humans will outsmart too much, much less fate
I think some humans could outsmart fate. But the majority will fuck it up for everyone.

We will probably self destruct as a race, but I don't think we are taking the planet with us. Every living thing dies in its own time, and Earth will die when its her time. I expect her life cycle to be far longer than we can imagine, even if we have weakend her immune system.

Satya said:
Some believe it will be in 2012, as the Mayan Calendar, Nostradamus, and the Biblical Code all seemed to suggest. Others think it will be when we enter the 3rd World War and nuclear holocaust devastates the earth. Some feel that our biological engineering will lead to a virus that will wipe out human existence. Others think an asteroid or comet will streak across our sky and treat us to the same show that the dinosaurs witnesses millions of years ago. The possibilities seem endless, so what do you imagine is the most likely scenario? Do you think the world will end in your life time? Or do you think humans will always outsmart their fate?

The probability of as asteroid coming anywhere near Earth in the range of possible danger is 1 is 500 million in 10 000 years. This information was a study done by NASA scientists in a report I read online not too long ago, so you can feel safe now :)

And as for the rest, I suppose it is a result of indoctrination from various sources speculating that the world might end soon, culminating in a sense of fear and sheer superstition. Why do you worry anyway? If a time like that does come, we will no longer exist to feel any suffering or grievances.

The above mentioned sources are only passing on messages from heresay. There is, in fact, no logical way of calculating the time when the world will end. Nuclear holocausts and an unstoppable virus are found only in the scripts of film directors from Hollywood, and it is not to be taken so seriously. Are you perhaps thinking that the fact that we're living is just too darn amazing, beating the odds of a global massacre designed by a supernatural creator?

We humans are, and will always be, smart enough to find a way. Should there be signs of an imminent danger, or hints of a nuclear warfare, do you not believe that the politicians will know how ludicrous they are in entering such battles? The only countries by far that owns nuclear weapons are the USA, Russian, Cuba, (speculatively) North Korea and China. Even the UK lacks such weaponry.

Sorry, I've digressed. My main point is that such theories about the world ending soon are usually just symbols of fear in the hearts of weak people, and primarily those who refutes logic. Such exaggerations are passed on and accepted by people all over, hence this seeming community that agrees and even reinforces this idiotic belief.

IMO, intelligence will probably be extinct faster than we will.

The United States, Russia, United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea (which has had a successful test), and Israel have nuclear weapons. A total of nine countries. And of course, Syria and Iran are accused of being in the development of nuclear weapon technology.

Effectively the world ends when you die. So it is a different time for everyone.

Serket said:
Effectively the world ends when you die. So it is a different time for everyone.

And they call me an empiricist.

Its resurrect a dead thread day!
The world will end from a gamma-ray burst of an exploding distant star. Everything on the surface will be cooked bleaching the earth of most life. Its possible some biological life might survive deep under ground. Bacteria or the like.