What's your learning style? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your learning style?

What's your dominant learning style?

• Total voters
I record lectures on MP3. Then I read the literature and listen to the MP3. When I mark I always do it on the margin with a pencil, either a circle for keywords or a long vertical line for paragraphs. Saves a lot of time and it's quite good when you have to find certain keywords or passages.

MP3 sounds so convenient. I remember being in college and messing with those mini tapes and tape recorders.

My textbooks often looks like that. But your method sounds more neat and organized. Usually, I'll use a different color highlighter to color different sections or passages on a page. By the time I finish reading that page, almost the entire page is highlighted in different colors.
The only difference is that I tend to use the yellow and orange highlighters, more than I would use pink. I avoid darker colors. But it definitely helps when reading.
Here's some idea of what a page may look like for me:

highlighted_book_1.jpg

For textbooks I still use my coloring system:

- Yellow for important passages or words that signify the point of the paragraph
- Orange for definitions, lists of requirements, etc
- Turquoise for people, institutions
- Red for references
- Green for titles, words that show buildup of a paragraph like "first, then, last"

The one color per section is in my written notes, although I'm starting to skip the entire highlighting in textbooks part.
I will, at most, with pencil, circle things or use the morse code dot-dash method. Dot for a point, dash or line for an explanation of said point. I just read it all fast and then reread while I write stuff down, then I throw the book away.
It's gotta move forwards

[h=3]Style Scores[/h]
Visual
Social
Physical
Aural
Verbal
Solitary
Logical