What's your dominant learning style?

• Total voters

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What's your learning style?

Do you relate to the descriptions of the learning styles?

How do you learn best?

http://www.learning-styles-online.com/inventory/questions.php?cookieset=y

The Seven Learning Styles

• Visual (spatial):You
    prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
  • Aural
    (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
  • Verbal (linguistic):
    You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
  • Physical
    (kinesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
  • Logical
    (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
  • Social
    (interpersonal): You prefer to learn in groups or with other people.
  • Solitary
    (intrapersonal): You prefer to work alone and use self-study

[h=3]Style Scores[/h]

Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical

These statements in the description seem to fit my learning style pretty well:
You heighten your learning by bouncing your thoughts off other people and
listening to how they respond. You prefer to work through issues, ideas and problems with a group. You thoroughly enjoy working with a 'clicking' or synergistic group of people.(Social)

You can concentrate well, focusing your thoughts and feelings on your current
topic. You are aware of your own thinking, and you may analyze the different
ways you think and feel. (Solitary)

You like playing on the meaning or sound of words, such as in tongue twisters,
rhymes, limericks and the like. (Verbal)

I tend to learn by demonstrations best. I'm skilled with my hands.......although lately I kind wish....ir try-na learn hands off, not working well, at all. I suppose practise makes perfect.

Reactions: Gaze
The scores are out of 20 for each style. A score of 20 indicates the style is used often.
[h=3]Style Scores[/h]
Visual
Social
Physical
Aural
Verbal
Solitary
Logical

Visual
Social
Physical
Aural
Verbal
Solitary
Logical

The scores are out of 20 for each style. A score of 20 indicates the style is used often.
[h=3]Style Scores[/h]
Visual
Social
Physical
Aural
Verbal
Solitary
Logical

Its strange. I learn best from pain. I suppose its quite normal.......fire burns.....we don't touch it.

I'll add a poll just because. :D

Its strange. I learn best from pain. I suppose its quite normal.......fire burns.....we don't touch it.

Yes. As a small child, my Mother sat the iron on the ironing board while I was watching and talking with her. She said, "Don't touch that: it's hot!" I immediately put my finger on it when she turned her back. Didn't much know what hot meant until then.

Style Scores
Visual 16

Social 11

Physical 12

Aural 15

Verbal 13

Solitary 16

Logical 12

I was hoping I'd get a cool specific result, but I appear to have a bit a bit of everything. I already knew I don't like learning when there's people around to interrupt me all. the. freaking. time.
- Aural, quite right. I guess. It feels like less work if I hear it. I totally have that anchoring stuff. When I feel down, I have this one song, it's a power metal song, then I'm like "I WILL EAT YOUR WORLD"

- Visual, hmhm, interesting. I've tried mindmaps but they didn't work out for me. I now have something I call Donmaps. It's like mindmaps on steroids, but instead of a web, they look more like a map of a region.
I used to do like others... When I need to learn something, and make a summary, underline the titles and stuff. But ever since I started using a different color for every major section, it's been working out much much better. I don't just put the title in a different color, I put the ENTIRE section in that colour. I'll start in J. Herbin Rouge Op

- Visual, hmhm, interesting. I've tried mindmaps but they didn't work out for me. I now have something I call Donmaps. It's like mindmaps on steroids, but instead of a web, they look more like a map of a region.
I used to do like others... When I need to learn something, and make a summary, underline the titles and stuff. But ever since I started using a different color for every major section, it's been working out much much better. I don't just put the title in a different color, I put the ENTIRE section in that colour. I'll start in J. Herbin Rouge Op

The test doesn't work for me, but I can tell you which:

Visual - Yes.
Aural - No.
Verbal - Yes.
Physical - Yes.
Logical - No.
Social - Yes.
Solitary - No.

Your results

Style Scores
Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical

My textbooks often looks like that. But your method sounds more neat and organized. Usually, I'll use a different color highlighter to color different sections or passages on a page. By the time I finish reading that page, almost the entire page is highlighted in different colors.
The only difference is that I tend to use the yellow and orange highlighters, more than I would use pink. I avoid darker colors. But it definitely helps when reading.
Here's some idea of what a page may look like for me:

highlighted_book_1.jpg

That's interesting. My mother is an INFP and her books also look like that! I never write or mark in my books. I prefer to take written notes. The act of writing something down is usually enough for me to memorize it so I typically think of my learning style as verbal-kinesthetic.

I record lectures on MP3. Then I read the literature and listen to the MP3. When I mark I always do it on the margin with a pencil, either a circle for keywords or a long vertical line for paragraphs. Saves a lot of time and it's quite good when you have to find certain keywords or passages.

I record lectures on MP3. Then I read the literature and listen to the MP3.

Does this usually work or help you when studying for a test and writing papers?

Does this usually work or help you when studying for a test and writing papers?

I use this method for exams and it works well for me. I don't think it's good for writing papers because when you're reading material you are also collecting quotable passages at the same time, which does not happen when you're listening to MP3. But for exams it's really good. A lecture is simply more compact and holistic, without all the details of a textbook.