What's your favorite aspect of yourself? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your favorite aspect of yourself?

The fact that I am very awesome and very humble. Do you really expect me to take this thread seriously? Isn't it simply a way to pat our selves on the back?

Why can't we speak positively about ourselves? Media likes to keep us feeling shit about the way we look and feel. So I'm all for remembering what makes me wonderful :)

Reactions: BritNi and Gaze
My ability to understand and forgive excessively. :(

I can't say that I like one particular thing, because everything that is good also comes with a side of darkness. I probably should or could like them, but most of the time I don't.

This polarity in mind, there is something thing I could like about myself: I care (too much). Not that others don't, but when I get into a bad place, it starts to feel that way as I'm cut off from empathy. And even when I do feel, it can take bad turns. Therefore, I cannot like it.

I cannot pace myself when I want to learn something. But I know there are things you only learn with time. Also, anything that I learn needs time to manifest in the long term memory. And if it only works with things I want to learn, it leaves other responsibilities off track. I can't like it either.

My intuition. I am often (not always) right about things, especially people. Yet I don't like it and crave to be proven wrong. This gets me into a bad spot sometimes when I find out that I was right after all.

I'd like to believe I am truthful. But that doesn't mean that when I say something true it is the right time for this truth to be heard or understood. I think that might cut me off sometimes, to tell truths that others aren't ready for or don't want to hear.

None of those are favourite aspects about myself, but I might grow to like them enough that one might become.

The capacity within myself to love people more deeply than anyone has ever loved me. It can get very painful, but after the heartbreak, I'm proud of myself and actively work to never close that aspect of myself up.

I am a really hot potato

My combination of kindness, empathy, intuition and ability to love someone fiercely.

I am a really hot potato

giphy.gif

My combination of kindness, empathy, intuition and ability to love someone fiercely.

Aaw, I can completely relate to that.

I apologise if this is too personal but do you feel like you have ever met anyone in your life who has matched or exceeded your level of all the above? I had someone who came very close indeed and it seemed like an absolute miracle haha.