What's in the mirror? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's in the mirror?

Restlessness

Umm... it's hard to follow what [MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION] posted...:eek:hwell:

Like sumone said I usually try to put some makeup on my face so others don't go Aaagghhh :eek:when they see me. :wink:

What others do not see are the expressions in my eyes when I'm looking at me - that place in me that's not all caught up with the exterior world views. If someone were to suddenly appear behind me and see what I see they'd see eyes sparkling back full of fun mixed with love. Sorta playful, sexy, loving, and deeply caring. Almost no one gets to see that any more.:eek:hwell:

I avoid mirrors and photographs. The image does not look like my idea of me. It's disconcerting.

I'm not a fan of mirrors either & ESPECIALLY not photographs.
However, for some reason I am constantly playing a game with myself - I want to know what I look like when I am looking at someone I find attractive. So I close my eyes and imagine I am looking at them & how I felt and how big my pupils must have been. And then I open my eyes and it's just me there and I never see 'the look'. Silly, eh? Kind of like a kid wanting to see if the light goes off in the fridge when the door is closed, but you have to open it to check so you never quite catch it in time!
Otherwise, if it has to be me in the mirror then I find I can tolerate myself if the lights in the room are dimmed. My eyes appear much darker and some other flaws seem to be harder to see. Unfortunately, the world is a 'lights on' kind of place! :smile:

Reactions: not sure and Kgal
I avoid mirrors and photographs. The image does not look like my idea of me. It's disconcerting.

+1. When I look in the mirror, i don't see the person I am, only the person that people see.

Last edited:
Imperfections that only I can see and the insecurity they make me feel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXimYVNf5C8&feature=fvsr"]YouTube - Eating Disorder commercial for midterm[/ame]

april.jpg

xcqfwz.jpg

wishes.jpg

Reactions: Gaze
I see who I am along with who I want to be.

But mostly, I see curves and more curves

There's something strange about my eyes. Not sure what it is, maybe some emotion not even I know is there. It's disconcerting so I don't like to do it.

Plus, I keep expecting to see a ghost or something.

In all honesty I hate looking into mirrors. Ever since I was little I've avoided looking into mirrors. I get all creeped out, but I've never really thought about it until now. I think it's because I'm afraid of what I'll see.

When I look in mirrors I see someone I don't recognize. The reflection staring back at me has never felt like me. It's a person I don't know, in a body that isn't mine. When I look in a mirror I feel trapped within the physical bounds of a body that has never been mine.

I don't feel like the person everyone else sees. I'm not as good as everyone sees me as, and I think it's my reflection that scares me. It's like my reflection is taunting me. It's the person people think I am, and the person I can never be.
+1

I also see many flaws that supposedly no one else sees. [?]

sounds like for most of us, the mirror has two faces. . . one facing in, and one facing out.

I see a goodlooking man with a devilish twinkle in his eye.

Is there a name for this? To call it a phobia seems extreme.

idk, i was thinking "blurred vision" but it doesn't fit. Maybe image distortion display (IDD). :D

idk, i was thinking "blurred vision" but it doesn't fit. Maybe image distortion display (IDD). :D

It reminds me somewhat of Phantom Leg Syndrome where an amputee's brain still signals that the leg is there although it's not. My reflection looks almost like me but not. There is enough difference between my mind's image and the reflection to trigger thoughts of looking at a stranger. It's not constant though. Comes and goes.

It reminds me somewhat of Phantom Leg Syndrome where an amputee's brain still signals that the leg is there although it's not. My reflection looks almost like me but not. There is enough difference between my mind's image and the reflection to trigger thoughts of looking at a stranger. It's not constant though. Comes and goes.

makes sense - it's feel as if there's continued inconsistency. Maybe a "mind-image differential rift" or MID rift for short. now i'm just making stuff up. :D:D