What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now | Page 84 | INFJ Forum

What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Just a quick comment on JP.

His pivot to his current focus of engagement occurred because he is not stupid.

Which is to say, he followed the money.*

It might have seemed a particularly enticing way to go given his previous context and focus was academic, which hardly compares in terms of coin.

Cheers,
Ian

*I do not mean to say he sold out, or is whoring himself, or any other kind of slur. It is a simple statement of conjecture, and given similar opportunity, I’m not for a moment going to pretend that I wouldn’t do the same damned thing.

Reactions: Jexocuha
The video for me isn't really anything to do with JP directly. They use him as an example for a larger concept.
Though to your own point, he's simply accepted his rise to fame (debatable how much he initiated that process) and become more intent on further gains in that direction.
Seems kind of a natural process, given his choices and circumstances.

The video for me isn't really anything to do with JP directly. They use him as an example for a larger concept.
Understood. He was on my mind from another video.

I sometimes reply to things in a tangential way due to two reasons:

1. Ne
2. I am my Father’s son, and he was The King of Non-Sequitur (and almost certainly had undiagnosed ADHD).

An explanation to inform, not an excuse to disavow responsibility.

Regarding the video, people (online generators and to some degree otherwise) exist as human beings, as the source of conceptual material, as an archetype and embodiment of that material (often a misattribution or misunderstanding), as both backline pieces and pawns in the culture wars, and ultimately, as memes, where their humanity is stripped away for lulz, for tokenized currency, and for the purpose of agenda and sociopolitical weaponization.

I’m sure there are other modalities, most likely unsavory.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Wyote and Jexocuha

• Cool
Reactions: aeon
  • Haha
Video generated with Sora AI...

An explanation to inform, not an excuse to disavow responsibility.

I wasn't attempting to be combative nor was I disagreeing with your own points.
I only wished for you to hear mine.

Regarding the video, people (online generators and to some degree otherwise) exist as human beings, as the source of conceptual material, as an archetype and embodiment of that material (often a misattribution or misunderstanding), as both backline pieces and pawns in the culture wars, and ultimately, as memes, where their humanity is stripped away for lulz, for tokenized currency, and for the purpose of agenda and sociopolitical weaponization.

I’m sure there are other modalities, most likely unsavory.

I wasn't viewing it from such a despotic lens, but I respect your points here

I wasn't attempting to be combative nor was I disagreeing with your own points.
I only wished for you to hear mine.
Gotcha, and to be sure, I didn’t get any dust-up vibes.
I wasn't viewing it from such a despotic lens, but I respect your points here
Stephanie would tell you I’m the most cheerful and amiable dystopian dreamer you will ever meet.

In any case, individuals are beautiful. The collective, and the world they created, are highly suspect. Hyperbole, of course, but that’s my general orientation.

So know that if I ever get the power to immolate the earth in fire so as to cleanse, I’ll do it, but I’ll swing by to pick you up first.

Best,
Ian

• Party
Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote

Hyperbole, of course, but that’s my general orientation.

So know that if I ever get the power to immolate the earth in fire so as to cleanse, I’ll do it, but I’ll swing by to pick you up first.

At the end times, we're rollin out in the Hyperbolemobile
Speeding Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

• Love

Sabine 💕

• Cool

• Love
Even accounting for potential biases, I would say this is worth watching. Iatrogenic harm is too little talked about, and a Hitchens quote, amirite? ☺️

My only point of real contention is this: if someone is going to double-down on clinical data and an evidence-based approach to evaluate outcomes (hells yeah!), then please do so for the points addressed—in this case, the ADHD segment was a minor trainwreck. Calling prescribed psychostimulants “speed,” and then lumping non-stimulants in with the other meds is beyond sloppy—it suggests a lack of familiarity with current research to a degree that suggests the speaker is fraudulent, has an ulterior motive which is apart from the evidence, or simply didn’t approach things critically.

That said, I have many thoughts about the ideas presented in the video, a couple of which are certainly hot takes. Inasmuch as this isn’t the place for them, I’ll leave it at that.

Cheers,
Ian

• Love
I agree with your assessment @aeon
My main interest was investigating these things as counter-narratives if you catch my meaning. They are ideas that are indeed not talked about as much, which is what piqued my interest.

I agree with your assessment @aeon
My main interest was investigating these things as counter-narratives if you catch my meaning. They are ideas that are indeed not talked about as much, which is what piqued my interest.
Right effin’ on. They’ve got a small handful of counter-narratives that are absolutely on-point, but are still ripening on the vine. Well, once it is time for harvesting, those fruits are going to be so very sweet, but for those invested in false narratives, they will be bitter, bitter truths.

Therapy for all? Check. SSRIs for all? Check. Iatrogenic harm? Check. Psychiatric validity testing? Check. Communicable psychological harms? Check. Fragility cultivation? Check. Abdication of roles related to best practices for rearing and care? Check. Trauma lensing? Check.

And I say all that as someone who didn’t get what I needed back in the day. So I have reason to err on the side of caution, but JFC, this has all gone way too far.

Best to You,
Ian

• Heart
IdPol. I’m fine with the Id part. I’d even advocate for more of that. Dig deep. Find out. Authenticity, not as found in an idea, but the knowing from being and living. Stumble. Get up. Walk the better path.

But IdPol? Politely, fuck that noise. None of us are special.

Grr,
Ian

• Party
  • Love