What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now | Page 58 | INFJ Forum

What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now

Yeah. What was noteworthy for me aside from just solid content was the simplicity in which it is communicated.
It was easily absorbable for me, as well as relatable.

Sometimes, it is effortless to ascertain that someone has walked through, and emerged from, a fire.

It is because the armor of persona, and the wile and guile of tactic and strategy have been burnt away.

What is left is their core, and in its groundedness, all that presents is authenticity and vulnerability.

The second video is a little redundant compared to the first, but ties a lot of things together and gives a greater breadth of context.

Agreed, and the thing I appreciated most (and which he got to right away) is that the determinant was to know the Self. That to see, one must be able to look within, without censor, in awareness and acceptance, unconditionally, before An-Other may be witnessed.

Lack of integration leads to blindness through which chaos energy seeps and through which we may be seduced by the Trickster.

There is nothing so desired as the nonintegrated parts of the Self we regard as Other. We long for the wholeness that is our birthright, and in believing we must seek and seize, we bite our own tail and spin as a dervish.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote

Reactions: Jexocuha
this dude is so on-point...damn, he gets it

Reactions: Asa and aeon

I’ll give myself 3 points for:
  1. role play and fantasy
  2. judged unconventional
  3. novelty seeking
  4. impulsivity
#3 and #4 are better accounted for by diagnosis of ADHD.

Cheers,
Ian

I don't know why you posted this??? I watched this when it came out, and I found her to be hostile and closed-minded about more people testing as autistic. The only reason more people are testing as autistic is because the tests are better now. For example, in the past, they were heavily biased toward a specific subset of traits. People who didn't fit that narrow category, mostly women, plus anyone without access to testing or the benefits of testing, are now finally getting properly diagnosed.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
I don't know why you posted this??? I watched this when it came out, and I found her to be hostile and closed-minded about more people testing as autistic. The only reason more people are testing as autistic is because the tests are better now. For example, in the past, they were heavily biased toward a specific subset of traits. People who didn't fit that narrow category, mostly women, plus anyone without access to testing or the benefits of testing, are now finally getting properly diagnosed.

I found it prickly at times, but I do think Sabine does a good job of summarizing things, if—and only if—one accepts clinically-validated research as the basis of her videos. In the case of a number of neurodivergent presentations, that remains lacking in the face of lived experience and narratives.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Jexocuha and Asa
I found it prickly at times, but I do think Sabine does a good job of summarizing things, if—and only if—one accepts clinically-validated research as the basis of her videos. In the case of a number of neurodivergent presentations, that remains lacking in the face of lived experience and narratives.

Cheers,
Ian

There are new tests. This isn’t just about lived experiences and narratives.

There are new tests.

I haven’t kept up with current best practices for autism spectrum differential diagnosis. That’s mostly a question of interest based upon self-relevance, limited time, and competing interests. I’ll now look into that.

That said, as it concerns any online engagement about a labelled subgroup—of whatever kind—I always found discussion of autism to be contentious to say the least. Never from those diagnosed as on the spectrum themselves, but people speaking about autism and people claiming to be speaking on behalf of those diagnosed as such. Too hot for me.

The contention, gatekeeping, and ideological rigidity of each and every “othered” cohort community seems to differ in a way that makes no sense to me outside it being down to the vibe sustained by those engaged to the degree where usual human tribalism, hierarchy, and community policing occur.

Cheers,
Ian

That said, as it concerns any online engagement about a labelled subgroup—of whatever kind—I always found discussion of autism to be contentious to say the least. Never from those diagnosed as on the spectrum themselves, but people speaking about autism and people claiming to be speaking on behalf of those diagnosed as such. Too hot for me.

Agree, but things are changing and now people with ASD are the ones helping to define it.

Reactions: aeon
This is about baseball, but not really about baseball...

Task-Specific Dystonia
Fusion.gif

Cheers,
Ian

it’s nice seeing a graph that visually explains why I think the transition point from light to medium roast is the sweet spot.

Reactions: Jexocuha and yokai