What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now | Page 50 | INFJ Forum

What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now

Reactions: aeon

For whatever reason, there was an idea floating around the internet for a while that people with high IQ also rated high on Disagreeableness.
Which I found to be kind of humorous.
I think the next highest predictor is rating high on Conscientiousness (a word I cannot spell on some days lol).
Outcomes of success are certainly more correlated with prosocial behaviors, and anyone telling you otherwise is a degenerate kook.

Outcomes of success are certainly more correlated with prosocial behaviors, and anyone telling you otherwise is a degenerate kook.

Or a charlatan or grifter or con artist.

So...be kind, and be smart about it. Now, off you go, laddie. :)

Cheers,
Ian

For whatever reason, there was an idea floating around the internet for a while that people with high IQ also rated high on Disagreeableness.
That's because IQ stops correlating with agreeableness and other prosocial traits at about 145 on a standard scale which is why some people argue that high IQ is actually maladaptive, because by high IQ they mean at least profoundly gifted and these individuals are more likely to display autistic and schizotypal traits than people with IQ below 145.

Yes, the problem is that the exceptionally successful actually show more variation in behavior depending on what area they're successful in. For instance, eminent writers will test higher for psychopathology, depression, and alcohol abuse than your less eminent ones.

That's because IQ stops correlating with agreeableness and other prosocial traits at about 145 on a standard scale

Right right, I knew this to be the case but couldn't be bothered with the specifics, thanks.

That aside though, it's still funny how that misconception was and still is kinda pervading in people's minds.

Right right, I knew this to be the case but couldn't be bothered with the specifics, thanks.

That aside though, it's still funny how that misconception was and still is kinda pervading in people's minds.

When ideas get popular, they tend to persist regardless of how true they are; I think this why Nietzsche said belief is more important than truth in the history of mankind.

Last edited:
Yes, the problem is that the exceptionally successful actually show more variation in behavior depending on what area they're successful in. For instance, eminent writers will test higher for psychopathology, depression, and alcohol abuse than your less eminent ones.

Outliers are weirdos

When ideas get popular, they tend to persist regardless how true they are; I think this why Nietzsche said belief is more important than truth in the history of mankind.

Always believe in the Space Coyote

That's because IQ stops correlating with agreeableness and other prosocial traits at about 145 on a standard scale which is why some people argue that high IQ is actually maladaptive, because by high IQ they mean at least profoundly gifted and these individuals are more likely to display autistic and schizotypal traits than people with IQ below 145.

So three sigma deviations is the tipping point. Interesting.

I’m ADHD instead, so combined with typing as ENFP, my prosocial behaviors are fine.

But no way to hide the odd duck, so I’m only suitable for a few.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
So three sigma deviations is the tipping point. Interesting.

I’m ADHD instead, so combined with typing as ENFP, my prosocial behaviors are fine.

But no way to hide the odd duck, so I’m only suitable for a few.

Cheers,
Ian

Yeah, 3Ds and you're much more likely to be out there.

Well, I'm an odd duck right there with you. Few have a taste for me on all days of the week.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon