What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now | Page 35 | INFJ Forum

What YouTube Videos Are You Watching Right Now

Reactions: aeon and Ok08Y567gA

Really hard for me to hold back about commenting about this but what really turns me off to the new era Macs is the proprietary storage that doesn't allow for upgrades never mind locked to the machine should the board die getting the data is going to be an ordeal.

Reactions: Jexocuha and aeon
Really hard for me to hold back about commenting about this but what really turns me off to the new era Macs is the proprietary storage that doesn't allow for upgrades never mind locked to the machine should the board die getting the data is going to be an ordeal.
  1. Thunderbolt 3/4 external storage if you need additional local online (immediate) storage. I went with 2TB internal and data hoarder tendencies aside, I’ve not (yet) needed additional storage.
  2. Thunderbolt 3/4 external for backup. I haven’t run any computer without journaled, version-controlled, hourly and on-demand backup for more than 15 years, and MacOS certainly makes that easy. Don’t run fast and loose.
  3. Consider the (CPU) performance for the price. Maybe that’s compelling, maybe not. Nothing from Intel or AMD at the price point is compelling, especially if you are a content creator who needs to hammer data.
Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Jexocuha
  1. Thunderbolt 3/4 external storage if you need additional local online (immediate) storage. I went with 2TB internal and data hoarder tendencies aside, I’ve not (yet) needed additional storage.
  2. Thunderbolt 3/4 external for backup. I haven’t run any computer without journaled, version-controlled, hourly and on-demand backup for more than 15 years, and MacOS certainly makes that easy. Don’t run fast and loose.
  3. Consider the (CPU) performance for the price. Maybe that’s compelling, maybe not. Nothing from Intel or AMD at the price point is compelling, especially if you are a content creator who needs to hammer data.
Cheers,
Ian

At least you are making sure things ok, 2TB isn't much to brag about these days and got 8TB installed in an old laptop with the option of going further.

Reactions: aeon

Reactions: aeon