What would you like to tell the child you once were? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

What would you like to tell the child you once were?

You are a wonderful and special child with lots of potential. FIGHT BACK.

Don't listen to your father.

You're never going to stop being childish, so you might as well quit trying while you're ahead.

You know how you learn things really, really slowly and everyone else picks things up right away? None of that will change and people will continue to think that you're stupid. You learn things really slowly because you have to process them through your mind first in a way that only you could ever understand. It takes time to do that. You're really not stupid, I swear. But finding a place in society where you feel you fit in will always be a struggle.

You will never understand how you operate. Don't try figuring it out. It will only make you depressed, because you will never figure it out and then you will think that you're stupid. You are not stupid. You're just unusual.

Reactions: udremeei
I would much rather be there for the child I was, than to give them one piece of advice.
I know that's not the point of the thread, though. I'll come back to it...

Reactions: aerosol
i would much rather be there for the child i was, than to give them one piece of advice.
I know that's not the point of the thread, though. I'll come back to it...

sTICK TO MY INSTRUCTIONS, DAMNIT.

lol. Ok just let me think about it

I'd be tempted to beat him within an inch of his life and then say something like, "If you can survive this kid, you can survive anything."

You don't need to change who you are to be accepted by family and friends. They'll love you just the same for who you really are.
You got what you always wanted - an interesting life. There hasn't been a dull moment. Keep reaching for the stars.

Let more things go with Mom. If she's irritating you, just let it go. She's obsessed with everything being perfect for you, that's why she meddles. Let more things go, because when she's gone you will be devastated.

The winning Powerball numbers for every state in 2011...

Reactions: barbad0s
It's OK to be weak, to loose. Life allows us to make many mistakes. It's just the way things are.

"Remember my words, they will make sense when you finally need them; Don't hang up the phone"

Don't wait for the perfect day. Enjoy your quiet times and don't be so judgmental. Everyone has flaws- you're not the boss of them. :D

And just a head's up: You're not the ugly duckling my love. :) "Just live your life."

Stillness is where you'll find yourself.

It's okay to be hurt and angry, but try to close your eyes and remember the beach. The sand, the waves- everything is in motion there, but that motion *belongs*. It's harmonious. Try to make your motions the same way, and you'll be surprised where you end up.

Also, don't stress about you-know-who. It works out. Not for another couple of years, but it works out. And then you won't have to bother anymore.

You're a good kid. Ivi auzo bateahl.

practice every day, don't take others' ideals as your own, listen to your heart more

eat less food